Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, derorim said:

I grew catnip one year.  I gave the freshly picked product to Marcel and he became rather aggressive towards Miss Priss.  That was the end of that!  He only got limited quantities of dried catnip after that.  He's an "only child" now, so maybe I'll try the home grown stuff again. 

Also, maybe @dani negreanu and @island ladyand I need to try catnip to help us sleep better.  🙂 

That's a Great idea.    You can all try some catnip tea and see if it helps you sleep.   It is suppose to have a calming effect and reduce restlessness on humans.

If you start running around and chasing a paper ball, don't blame me😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Believe me, Joy,  I've tried everything to fall asleep ... naturals and meds....

Catnip -- googled it, no dice... looked for the Hebrew translation... it says something about cats, but I haven't the foggiest idea what's the other word/substance is.

Hebrew not being my mother tongue "rises his ugly head", just kidding, but frustrating nonetheless.

Pictures show cats eating plants??? That's "catnip" ??

Dani, catnip is related to mint.  My mom used to grow mint and put the leaves in iced tea.  The catnip plant (Nepeta cataria) looks a lot like the mint she grew.

Regarding naturals to fall asleep, a few month ago I started taking a product (CBN) extracted from the hemp plant.  A dropper of that liquid under my tongue makes me sleepy in 30 minutes.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Believe me, Joy,  I've tried everything to fall asleep ... naturals and meds....

Catnip -- googled it, no dice... looked for the Hebrew translation... it says something about cats, but I haven't the foggiest idea what's the other word/substance is.

Hebrew not being my mother tongue "rises his ugly head", just kidding, but frustrating nonetheless.

Pictures show cats eating plants??? That's "catnip" ??

OK, found the translation in Romanian... "cat's [green] grass".....

Yes,  catnip is a herb in the mint family.   I have grown for many years and given to many cats.   My Nana used to make catnip tea and have a glass 2 or 3 times a week.   https://www.healthline.com/health/catnip-tea

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, derorim said:

Regarding naturals to fall asleep, a few month ago I started taking a product (CBN) extracted from the hemp plant.  A dropper of that liquid under my tongue makes me sleepy in 30 minutes.  

Micheline also has trouble falling asleep and tried CBN oil.  Didn't help her at all.  Like some of the other husbands, I fall asleep almost immediately.  My problem is the opposite...if I wake up early for any reason (like going to the bathroom at 4:00am), I can't get back to sleep.  I might as well just get up.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

or licking "distant" body parts....😉

Nope ... I must be "sturdier" than you.... 😢  It is 2.11am here, and I'm wide awake....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dani, catnip is related to mint.  My mom used to grow mint and put the leaves in iced tea.  The catnip plant (Nepeta cataria) looks a lot like the mint she grew.

I grow mint leave for my Mojitos and put a bunch in my Sun Tea during the summers.   

Years ago I made the mistake of planting my mint leaves in the same raised bed as the catnip and got that mixed up when I made mojitos.       

I have since moved them to 2 separate garden beds as they both grow like weeds and have expanded more than I planned.

Oh Thank you so much for us entering into this conversation.    I have to go cut a bunch of Mint leaves to take to the shore house for my mojitos.     Note to myself to do that first thing in the morning.     Thank you I would have been upset to get to LBI without my mint leaves.     

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It was a nightmare to delete my mothers Facebook account after she passed away. I had to send death certificates and fill out out all kinds of forms.

I'm not sure that I would trust FB with the information contained on a death certificate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I was a kid my brother and I were shooting bb's at each other.  He hit me in the eye and I spent a week in the hospital.  The first night they let us children stay up late to watch Alford Hitchcock, The birds.  I had to have my eyes totally covered that night so all I could do is listen to the birds go crazy and the kids scream!  BTW, after a few weeks my eye was fine and I have had no problems with it since.  There is still a spot on the eye where I got hit. 

I was once just shooting at a tree. The BB ricocheted back and hit my nose right at the corner of my eye. Fortunately it missed my actual eye and no damage. It was the last time I ever fired that gun.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's funny!   Eric just mentioned this to me moments ago and I asked if he Shatner is getting paid to do it or does he have to pay them.   I didn't realize he is 90.    Good for him!    I am sure it will be a Blast🤣

I didn't realize he was 90 either.

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's a Great idea.    You can all try some catnip tea and see if it helps you sleep.   It is suppose to have a calming effect and reduce restlessness on humans.

I've never had issues with sleep. It comes naturally. If I'm in something that moves, like a car or train, I can be asleep in minutes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, derorim said:

That is really creepy to have your picture displayed on that website. 

Has anyone noticed that after they have talked out loud about a company or item, it soon shows up in advertisements on your FB?  That really bothers me.  I'm not real sure if it's my phone or Alexa device that's listening in.  Probably both.

I dont have Facebook, but a weird thing happened when my sister visited for a few days last week.  All products are Apple and I don’t have Siri turned on for voice prompt.  I never had any advertising sent to me based off of conversations.  
But last week, when my sister was here, I was telling her how much I like my Wusthof knives that I have had for several years.  She uses android phone, tablet and watch.  She was on my WiFi network of course.  
Well, the next day I started to get ads for Wusthof products.  I’ve never looked up their products on Amazon or any site before.

I just thought it strange that her android devices sent ads to my iPad on the same WiFi.  
I’ve never had and ads sent to me before based on my conversations at home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was once just shooting at a tree. The BB ricocheted back and hit my nose right at the corner of my eye. Fortunately it missed my actual eye and no damage. It was the last time I ever fired that gun.

Was it a Red Ryder BB gun?

🤣
Sounds like A Christmas Story….. “you’ll shoot your eye out”

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very lucky no damage.    All this talk of bb guns makes me think of the movie A Christmas Story.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I dont have Facebook, but a weird thing happened when my sister visited for a few days last week.  All products are Apple and I don’t have Siri turned on for voice prompt.  I never had any advertising sent to me based off of conversations.  
But last week, when my sister was here, I was telling her how much I like my Wusthof knives that I have had for several years.  She uses android phone, tablet and watch.  She was on my WiFi network of course.  
Well, the next day I started to get ads for Wusthof products.  I’ve never looked up their products on Amazon or any site before.

I just thought it strange that her android devices sent ads to my iPad on the same WiFi.  
I’ve never had and ads sent to me before based on my conversations at home.

That is scary and concerning.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I once went into a hotel website and all of a sudden my FB picture and name popped up.  I couldn't believe it. I was also inundated with tons of emails from people I hardly new.  One of my sister's  friend's asked to friend me.  I had no idea who she was until my sister enlightened me. I had enough.  I attempted to delete my FB account which years ago was not easy but I persevered and got it removed.  I now have a FB account with a "different" last name.  It lists my birthyear as 1963.  I wish! I clicked edit but that year is stamped in stone. Can't change it for nuthin'. I only use FB to keep up with current photos of my gorgeous daughter and grands AND check the Bella cruise page.  

I never had the desire to join FB

• Like 5

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early.

Thanks,

Marietta

• Like 11

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

A BB is a little round pellet used in a BB gun. There were paper targets available for purchase. They were meant for play, not to injure.
 Most American boys used to have them. I used to shoot my brothers’ guns, the only weapons I have ever fired. 
we would put tin cans on a post and shoot at them. 
I guess they’re still available if there are still people shooting small animals like cats snd dogs.  

That is disgusting .

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never had the desire to join FB

My cousins who weren’t born till I was 16 and over have all contacted me on Facebook, and we’re in regular communication now. I’ve lived 1200 miles away from them my whole life. 
It’s really nice to exchange family history. 
same thing with friends who moved back to Ontario before my kids were teenagers. One of them contacted me and we all message each other weekly now. 

Facebook, for me, has more benefits than drawbacks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early.

Thanks,

Marietta

I hope all goes well for Charlie on Wednesday.  Best wishes to you both.

• Like 1