Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Good morning, Lenny.

We live about a ten minute drive from the Horton Point Lighthouse in Southold,NY.

The lighthouse was commissioned by George Washington  in 1790. The light was first lit in 1857.

The Southold Historical Society had an educational program for grammar school children pre Covid. I was a docent in the program, working at the lighthouse and some of the preserved historical buildings in town.It was an enjoyable experience.

When I was physically able we spent many summer day trips in Greenport.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am fluent in Brooklynese.I never lost my accent.Yep,Italian ices that we bought on the boardwalk and then walked to the train.My wife also hung out on Bay 3 in her teens.

My favorite treat on broadwalk was potato knishes .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Good Morning from Charlotte Amalie St Thomas.  

We are planning to go to Coki Beach. Docked at Crown Bay. Getting cleared for 11 am arrival time.

I tried to like earlier posts but could not due to some wifi connection issues. Samantha is adorable! Noodles on mash? Hmmmm never tried that but will, perhaps. Lighthouse on Aruba looks so romantic. Andrew's TG dinner looks yummy 😋.  Good luck to Charlie for tomorrow's appointment 👍.  Mallory I hope you are keeping in mind what I said about blowing out those 90 candles. Focus on it and picture yourself....what will you be wearing? Will you have snow white hair like grandpa Lenny or will you be a dashing blonde or what? I wish you the best. Jim good luck with the new knee....you are going to outwalk Maryann now. Sorry if I forgot to mention anybody else who needed some extra hugs.

On Saturday My daughter bought Mallory her favorite ice cream.Yesterday she bought her a dozen tee shirts similiar to the ones I wear.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ATG said:

I’m from Indiana originally.  One of my favorite things growing up was chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes.   My great grandma, who lived with us, made hers from scratch.  But I use Reames.  Almost as good and much easier.  A plate with a pile of potatoes and the noodles poured over - heaven!  We usually do it once a year, since it’s sooooo heavy.

I only visited Indiana but a very good friend of mine played 8 years for the Indiana Pacers.

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks again, Bonnie!  He really is so tired, but not really sleeping that great.

George, Jim tried the knee injections, but they never gave him the relief that it gives some people.  His knees were just in really bad shape.  Especially his right one.  So, did you not have the surgery?

Thank you, Lenny.  How is Toby feeling?  What about Mallory?

Toby is still in great pain.She is going to the surgeon next Tuesday.Mallory is taking the MRI Monday night.

Thanks for asking.😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We certainly can't get away with our NY accents, although I don't think my accent is that strong.  Our dear friends from Massachusetts/Naples  are the winners when it comes to accents!  Love it!  Chocolate Italian ices are soooo good!

Graham, I wish you and Pauline a wonderful day!

Greg, the noodles/mashed potatoes/gravy sounds devine.  I hope the injection will help with your knees so you can enjoy your cruise to the fullest!

Good to hear the beach is back to being clear for you and Bucky.  I would love to eat as much fish as you two do!

Great conditions to be working in, Debbie!

I am the only person I know who grew up in Brooklyn who still has an accent.Perhaps because I lived there nearly 60 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You should enjoy walking around Curaçao. It’s beautiful.  We would enjoy visiting there again.  We have not been to Aruba.  Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing about it. 😎

The first time we were in Aruba ,in 2010 we were disappointed.We did not plan on going back but did so twice in 2019 and loved our time there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

The first time we were in Aruba ,in 2010 we were disappointed.We did not plan on going back but did so twice in 2019 and loved our time there.

On our first time in Aruba, we took an excursion where we took a bus to a boat to an Island where we had our first lesson in snorkeling;  we had lunch and drinks, and we were then treated to a crab race.  What a great time we had that day.  We now pretty much just hit the beach and shop when we're there.

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

On our first time in Aruba, we took an excursion where we took a bus to a boat to an Island where we had our first lesson in snorkeling;  we had lunch and drinks, and we were then treated to a crab race.  What a great time we had that day.  We now pretty much just hit the beach and shop when we're there.

A high school friend of mine lived there as a child and when we went back there a few years ago she suggested places to shop .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

OK, I am getting emails saying RCI needs my vaccination for the upcoming Odyssey cruise this Sunday, when I am currently on Odyssey

and we are B2B, and guest services knows we are B2B since they already called to let us know about the Covid test to prepare for the next cruise.

I received those on the last cruise and I just ignored them. We you in the Crown & Compass Pub tonight?

Edited by ReneeFLL

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Checked how Southwest was doing with their flights.  We have a non-stop booked, and the one that took off today was delayed 35 minutes, but at least it took off. 😀 I will probably be checking the next few days. 

55E0B8B5-EBA2-4467-8F48-0F805E978562.thumb.jpeg.dcca414e1679479f89eaacb711c652f9.jpeg

I'll be checking Southwest like a hawk the next few weeks. Making sure we can get to San Juan.

The Elvis Cad photos look awesome. Did you edit in Photoshop to get the blur? Very nice.

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am fluent in Brooklynese.I never lost my accent.Yep,Italian ices that we bought on the boardwalk and then walked to the train.My wife also hung out on Bay 3 in her teens.

I haven't met anyone who lost their Brooklyn/NY accent. The chocolate ices my friends and I bought were not on the boardwalk.  There was a tiny shop one block away from the boardwalk close to the EL.  Not sure why Bay 3 was so popular.  Maybe because it was close to the EL station.  BTW the EL was the elevated subway.

45 minutes ago, George C said:

My favorite treat on broadwalk was potato knishes .

Hirsch's knishes...............swoon!

image.jpeg.0ce3777c9a16efc57ce389ef5797027c.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I just found (after quite a search…curse you Steve Jobs) a photo I took early in the morning at Ft. Lauderdale back in November 2019.

image.thumb.jpeg.18f24f4c95c612de07c0070d22e9e864.jpeg

That's beautiful Helen! :classic_biggrin: What great photo!

• Like 2