Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

This morning it was 30°F with a couple inches of snow on the ground. I haven’t got my snowblower out yet, so I cleared the drive by hand.

Already been to the body shop to drop off our Highlander to have the deer damage fixed.  They hope to have it finished by the end of the week.

School is off in our area today, for what use to be the first day of antler deer season.  The last couple years they started that on the Saturday after Thanksgiving now.  I see a couple of the neighbor kids are using their day off to build snowmen. 

• Like 3

Food:

Very good. No complaints.

We did not go to the dining rooms, we enjoyed the WJ, Solrium Cafe, Sorentto's.

WJ had a line getting in, not a bad long line, mainly due to enforcement of hand washing. There was a staff member with a guitar who entertained the people in line. He was fantastic and should be in a show!

There was one staff member posted there to enforce hadn washing. Many people tried to slip him, but he would run all the way after them and get them back. It was funny to watch this "entertainment" while waiting your turn. He was also scanning our sea pass cards, but that stopped after the first two days.

All food was being served by staff. They were short staffed and definitely needed more at each station, because the crowd was very impatient and many would not wait but serve themselves.

Food was good. Lots of variety. Indian and Asian section for breakfast and dinner. Last night there were grilled Lobster tails. Last day lunch had shrimp cocktails, fried shrimp, sea food.

Breakfast time had several omellete stations. Lots of sides. Yogurts, fruit, oatmeal, grits. One could really not have starved!😁 I enjoyed the fresh fruits a lot.

Solarium Cafe:

We went there the first night. Lots of tables available. Buffet style apps and desserts. A la Carte entry. Good selection. I had the snapper and DH had salmon. The Baklava was delish. Service was good.

Went there for breakfast once. It was very good. Smoothies, yougrt, fruit, bread, Eggs and all, just nothing custom made.

Jamie's Italian:

Service was excellent! And the happiest staff ever in here! Food was very good. We had the Garlic Shrimp, brushcetta, small plates pasta, salmon, chicken, and then I wanted everything on the dessert menu, so they brought me a sampler plate with a teaspoon of everything. The lemon cheesecake was to die for! After that I could have not eaten for week and still survived. I needed to walk up and down the esplanade twenty times but it is hard with the ever special Ten Dollar Sale going on at full force, so I went up to our deck 11 hallway and joined the under 12 HRG (Hallway Running Gang), except I was walked.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since we've been home after our cruise, Linda and I have struggled of the loss of our beloved Maggie. The house even though fully decorated for Christmas has no joy. Even Kylar our cat seems depressed.

So today we are going to look at a baby King Charles Cavalier that was born 6 weeks ago. We love this breed and found a qualified breeder not too far from Kansas City. 

Hopefully everything will go good. If there was ever an  prophesy, Linda and I wanted a female cav, we just seem to like females. I told Linda that I wanted to name her "Elizabeth" and call her "Lizzy" for short. When we saw the picture of the puppy we liked, the description said that the puppies name was "Elizabeth." How strange is that?

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Since we've been home after our cruise, Linda and I have struggled of the loss of our beloved Maggie. The house even though fully decorated for Christmas has no joy. Even Kylar our cat seems depressed.

So today we are going to look at a baby King Charles Cavalier that was born 6 weeks ago. We love this breed and found a qualified breeder not too far from Kansas City. 

Hopefully everything will go good. If there was ever an  prophesy, Linda and I wanted a female cav, we just seem to like females. I told Linda that I wanted to name her "Elizabeth" and call her "Lizzy" for short. When we saw the picture of the puppy we liked, the description said that the puppies name was "Elizabeth." How strange is that?

Enjoy your day.  I do believe Elizabeth is meant to be your new baby.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Just received an appointment for 24th December for my BCC op.

Pre-op nasal swab on 21-12.

Graham.

So glad that you've  gotten a date for your BCC op.  Bummer that it's on Christmas Eve, but positive side is that it will finally be done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems Dani, and hope that all your worries are small.

I'm not the best sleeper in the world but I find listening to music or a audio book is a form of mindfulness in that it calms my mind down. I set a 30 min timer on my phone so it automatically switches off and am usually asleep before the time is up.

I have to read for at least an hour before I try to sleep. If I don’t get to bed till midnight, I still have to read. 
It stops the treadmill my mind runs on. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well, it sounds like "Lizzy" may be in for a real treat;  she'll be getting a loving home with loving parents

Best of luck, Greg!  It sounds like Lizzy is just what you, Linda, and Jonathan are needing this Christmas😉!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Enjoy your day.  I do believe Elizabeth is meant to be your new baby.

+ 1 

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Well, it sounds like "Lizzy" may be in for a real treat;  she'll be getting a loving home with loving parents

Best of luck, Greg!  It sounds like Lizzy is just what you, Linda, and Jonathan are needing this Christmas😉!

+2  ... and, don't forget Kylar the cat 

9 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Greg,  How long would you have to wait before you could bring "Lizzy" home?

I'm wondering too 

@Sea Dog

17 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have to read for at least an hour before I try to sleep. If I don’t get to bed till midnight, I still have to read. 
It stops the treadmill my mind runs on. 

Mimi, I couldn't have said it better....

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NHProud said:

Please try to get some rest .  

Thanks, Judy. 

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems Dani, and hope that all your worries are small.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear you are not sleeping well Dani because of worries.

Sending prayers 🙏 for your worries to be only small ones and that you and your family can enjoy life fully.

Thanks, Sue & Graham.

The "usual" worries.... Corona and its never ending variants.

DS1 finally got a 2 weeks vacation approved after the last 18 months of work (he flew with like minded surfing [3 girl] friends) to Sri Lanka last Wednesday. Friday morning it was decided that fully vaccinated (like him) will quarantine 3 days after arrival.... (whereas not fully -- a week). It was not in the plan...

He flew via Istanbul, and now there is talk to stop all flights arriving from Turkey, since Turkey is a big hub connection from all over the world, South Africa included.

What else?

Looking at our grandkids and wondering about the world they're growing up into, masked teachers and all. And the formerly country of the Shah, which doesn't like "us" in the region, along with the surrounding neighbors, and when the next round of hostilities will erupt.

A sample....

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So glad that you've  gotten a date for your BCC op.  Bummer that it's on Christmas Eve, but positive side is that it will finally be done!

@grapau27

+1 

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Judy. 

Thanks, Sue & Graham.

The "usual" worries.... Corona and its never ending variants.

DS1 finally got a 2 weeks vacation approved after the last 18 months of work (he flew with like minded surfing [3 girl] friends) to Sri Lanka last Wednesday. Friday morning it was decided that fully vaccinated (like him) will quarantine 3 days after arrival.... (whereas not fully -- a week). It was not in the plan...

He flew via Istanbul, and now there is talk to stop all flights arriving from Turkey, since Turkey is a big hub connection from all over the world, South Africa included.

What else?

Looking at our grandkids and wondering about the world they're growing up into, masked teachers and all. And the formerly country of the Shah, which doesn't like "us" in the region, along with the surrounding neighbors, and when the next round of hostilities will erupt.

A sample....

@grapau27

+1 

Your worries, which are very real, eclipse 99% of mine. 
There is no answer for them, either, except to follow my husband’s advice, which doesn’t work for me. 
He always says “Don’t worry about anything you have no control over”.

Easier said than done. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

If all goes well, looks like Lizzy will soon be part of a loving home.

My favorite saying:  A coincidence is a small miracle where G-d chose to remain anonymous.

For those wondering, that hyphenated name is not a typo.  Just how I was taught.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Not strange at all,Greg.It was meant to be.😀

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

What else?

More than most living in the states, I so totally understand.

My favorite Israeli cousin, since passed away, always referred to the USA as the states.  I just think of her when I say it myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forgot to mention:

There was a bottle of wine in our cabin, with a letter saying Thank you for returning to Royal Caribbean. Brand: Beach Kite.

There were the usual cookies and water bottles (Thirster brand).
There was a fruit plate. (Apple, Pearm Plum, 2 Bananas)

And the strangest thing I found...an electric TEA KETTLE. Probably remnant of the UK cruises. I was thrilled, double thriller was that there was plenty of Tetly English Breakfast tea bags all around the ship...not strong enough for my taste, but strong enough among other choices. The initial thrill fizzed out.....There was no time to have tea on a short 7 day cruise!

The room service menu was also a remnant of the UK cruises and said no charge for American breakfast.

The kettle and other English touches will soon be gone when they "Americanize" the ship. I read that somewhere on trusty old CC.

I had pre ordered a 12 pack of Evian Bottles via CP. They brought 24 small plastic bottles of Thirster brand.Said that they do not carry Evian any more. They are also getting rid of the Thirster brand. From now on they will carry cans of Dassani.

WJ crew said that they have very short supplies......of what, I asked. They just said food. No more info given. I did not observe or feel any shortage of any food at any time. Yes, I did notice they were rationing hash browns every morning.....but I thought it was a blessing in disguise for those of us who want ot be able to zip our jeans easily.😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

How things have changed.Last night one of my granddaughters went to a Harry Styles concert.I never heard of him.She paid $370.00 for the ticket.It was her first real concert.

My first real concert was in 1961 to see an obscure young singer named Bob Dylan who my parents never heard of .My friend John and I went together.Tickets were $2.50 each.

Prior to the concert we went to dinner at a nice restaurant .The cost for my 3 course dinner was $1.00.John splurged,his was $1.10.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How things have changed.Last night one of my granddaughters went to a Harry Styles concert.I never heard of him.She paid $370.00 for the ticket.It was her first real concert.

My first real concert was in 1961 to see an obscure young singer named Bob Dylan who my parents never heard of .My friend John and I went together.Tickets were $2.50 each.

Prior to the concert we went to dinner at a nice restaurant .The cost for my 3 course dinner was $1.00.John splurged,his was $1.10.

Styles is from the boy band One Direction. It was a group put together by Simon Cowell.

Hmm, never thought I'd be teaching you something about music.☺

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Awesome! We want pictures!!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Styles is from the boy band One Direction. It was a group put together by Simon Cowell.

Hmm, never thought I'd be teaching you something about music.☺

I googled him and found that out. As much as I appear to know about Classic Rock I have a friend named David who knows more than anyone I ever met .

My granddaughter, who lives with us, was also at the Harry Styles concert!  They paid $500.00 for the tickets and the ones that went also saw him in October.  We told my daughter she was crazy for spending so much since she just saw him but it was a Christmas present for Kayla.  Anyway, turns out it was the last concert of the tour and my granddaughter said it was very different from the other concert.  She has been smiling all day today🙂

• Like 6

it just started raining in central park on the Allure had a nice lunch in chops with a bottle of duckhorn merlot , earlier in the day it was sunny at went to a aqua show for diamond plus only, tonight its Giovannis which has a excellent wine list , do not care for wine list or meal at 150cp last night. Allure is at less than 50 percent capasity.  a little over 2000 crew and 3000 passengers.

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter, who lives with us, was also at the Harry Styles concert!  They paid $500.00 for the tickets and the ones that went also saw him in October.  We told my daughter she was crazy for spending so much since she just saw him but it was a Christmas present for Kayla.  Anyway, turns out it was the last concert of the tour and my granddaughter said it was very different from the other concert.  She has been smiling all day today🙂

My son in law has a cousin who lives in Florida.His daughter and two of her friends flew into NY just to go to the concert.She got the ticket for my granddaughter.

• Like 3