Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What time of the year did you go?

May,2008. We booked a tour of Denali National Park.The tour guide was a College Professor.He told those of us on the bus to throw away the brochures.He said that we paid a lot of money for the tour and he gave each of us books.He was a great guide.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I remember one of the tours was done in one of those small shuttle vans (like below) and I sat upfront with the driver.    We had a lot of fun!     

image.jpeg.a82df6367759226eba402bd79ee4e4ec.jpeg

That probably wouldn’t be to bad.  I was thinking of those more less vans in st Maarten.

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I see the St. Kitts restrictions and Thenford Grey tours were well covered. I should have read further before adding my unneeded posts.🙄

They are always appreciated, unless you are giving advice to Mexican Drugstores. 😉😂

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you for the info!  I hope we get there🤞

You’ll love it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That probably wouldn’t be to bad.  I was thinking of those more less vans in st Maarten.

They are very comfortable, air conditioned, and very well maintained. I don't THINK he has any of the open air jitnies. I do like riding in those though.

The St. Kitts train ride is open air. I think that is better for a return visit to the island as you see more of the back country and less of the highlights. Thenford also brings you to the Brimstone Fortress which hss anazing views and is a fun place to explore if you like forts which I do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching Below Deck tonight or are you all abandoning me again like you all did for Survivor?😐

I'm recording.   I am watching Your Honor.  Did anyone else watch this showtime series?  On episode 4 now.  

Cranston is a really good actor!

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm recording.   I am watching Your Honor.  Did anyone else watch this showtime series?  On episode 4 now.  

Cranston is a really good actor!

Cranston is the name of a city in RI.

Ok, I'll add you to the abandoned list.😏😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you, Andrew for posting that Chevy commercial. I saw part of it last night and was touched by it. Seeing the full story unfold is certainly worthy of a few Kleenex and an appreciation of the kindness shown throughout the commercial.

It is a great one for sure. 

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Now, if I should find a restored ‘66 Mustang in the garage someday, I would be ecstatic and grateful ! Some good memories for me.

Perhaps this will help those memories flow. I took this picture before it got parked for storage this winter. Unfortunately you won’t find it in your garage, but I’d gladly take you for a cruise down memory lane. 🙂

8727D22B-C769-4637-8B00-C64E384163EA.thumb.jpeg.a450820ba8b30f5da085957e140d189c.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are always appreciated, unless you are giving advice to Mexican Drugstores. 😉😂

I could of used some advice for a Mexican Drugstore years ago.. Once visiting Mexico City I was having a headache so I went to a drugstore to get aspirin.  It work.  Brought the bottle back to the states and when I went to use it again I noticed that it contained Codeine.  I wondered if that would of created a problem if noticed at the airport.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Watching the Lady Gaga evening with Tony Bennett show right now.  The woman is quite a performer.  Saw a program about him recently that his Alzheimer’s is so bad he barely knows who he is, but put him in front if a piano or an 

orchestra and it’s like a lightbulb goes on. 
And here he is on stage now, singing away. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We both have had Pfizer for all 3 doses.   

My Brother had Moderna for all 3 doses and he had a reaction with each dose.

We had Moderna for all three doses and never even got a sore arm!

My sister-in-law had Pfizer and had a bad reaction to her first shot and her booster, but not the second shot!

I don’t think it’s the vaccine, I think it’s the system of the person getting it. 
And your system can react differently sometimes to the same medication. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I could of used some advice for a Mexican Drugstore years ago.. Once visiting Mexico City I was having a headache so I went to a drugstore to get aspirin.  It work.  Brought the bottle back to the states and when I went to use it again I noticed that it contained Codeine.  I wondered if that would of created a problem if noticed at the airport.

Here is some advice on Mexican drugstores.... stay out of them.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Watching the Lady Gaga evening with Tony Bennett show right now.  The woman is quite a performer.  Saw a program about him recently that his Alzheimer’s is so bad he barely knows who he is, but put him in front if a piano or an 

Shame about Tony Bennett we had seen him live several times, he is great with Lady Gaga , we have it on our dvr and will definitely see it within the next week, I recall Glen Campbell was the same before he passed could still sing. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh no I totally forgot to record.

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

54 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Many years ago my fathers best friend was working in a NY recording studio.A young man came to record a demo.Somehow my fathers friend had the demo.I don’t know if they did not think the singer had talent or exactly what the reason was.My fathers friend gave the demo to my father and  I still have it The singers name was Anthony Benedetto.Later on he signed with Columbia Records and became Tony Bennett.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago my fathers best friend was working in a NY recording studio.A young man came to record a demo.Somehow my fathers friend had the demo.I don’t know if they did not think the singer had talent or exactly what the reason was.My fathers friend gave the demo to my father and  I still have it The singers name was Anthony Benedetto.Later on he signed with Columbia Records and became Tony Bennett.

I bet that demo recording is worth a ALOT of money.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If that didn’t make you reach for the Kleenex, here is one I just found today. 

Made me tear up a little.

My husband has his father's old Mercedes, bought new from the factory in Germany when they were stationed there in the late 60s.  His dad passed away 35 years ago and the car has travelled with us from house to house all our married life.  He keeps saying he's going to restore it but never seems to get round to it.  So it just sits, rusting away but he just can't bring himself to get rid of it. 

Maybe I  should encourage him more to get the restoration done. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching Below Deck tonight or are you all abandoning me again like you all did for Survivor?😐

Talking about reality shows, each year we have Strictly Come Dancing (like your Dancing with the Stars).  This year it was won by the most amazing young actor who is also deaf. So she can't hear the music.

In her showdance the stopped the music for a few minutes in the middle so we can appreciate what it is like for her.  She absolutely won our hearts.

BBC News - Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Final watched by 11 million people
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59719398

• Like 5