Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

OOOO I love shawarma but only if it's lamb.

Aww what a treasure she was and so active up until the end.  She truly lived a life well lived.  I loved her as the hot to trot SueAnn Nivens on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

She was very funny in the movie "The Proposal". I've seen it a few times including one night on the pool deck of Adventure of the Seas. And it was followed by a total lunar eclipse.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

This actually happened to us. Stanley was a kitten with incredible jumping capacity. He got up to an unfinished basement ceiling, and slipped behind an i-beam, and couldn’t get out. I attracted him to the finished area of the basement, Chris got a drywall saw out, we cut a hole, and voila- the cat’s head appeared!

Ah the poor baby was either scared to death or probably fun climbing around.    

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

OOOO I love shawarma but only if it's lamb.

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Never had a shawarma, but just looked it up and sounds delicious

Lamb shawarma is best found in Istanbul. Here "they" are cheating - it is made from female turkey cuts and on top there is a huge chunk of lamb fat, which gives it the "almost" taste of lamb....

The best shawarma ever I had 2 weeks ago, in Nazareth. It was made entirely from cow meat, with the requisite lamb fat on top. DH was in heaven with the best falafel ever. Pity it is 2 hours drive from our city. DH knows that on my birthdays my favorite meal is.... you guessed it 😎

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I wanted her to reach 100 but life stinks and then we go on😢

+1 😢

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

January 17th, ten days after mine.

DH's b'day and also our 49th wedding anniversary...

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Lamb shawarma is best found in Istanbul. Here "they" are cheating - it is made from female turkey cuts and on top there is a huge chunk of lamb fat, which gives it the "almost" taste of lamb....

The best shawarma ever I had 2 weeks ago, in Nazareth. It was made entirely from cow meat, with the requisite lamb fat on top. DH was in heaven with the best falafel ever. Pity it is 2 hours drive from our city. DH knows that on my birthdays my favorite meal is.... you guessed it 😎

+1 😢

DH's b'day and also our 49th wedding anniversary...

Yay to us!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Jan 17th is your anniversary and DH's birthday? 

I've set the date for the wedding intentional on hubby's b'day... He was born on January 17th, exactly 7 years after his only sister [who, sadly, is in a coma for the last 6 years].

I knew that DH is not "good with dates", so my reasoning was... My SIL will congratulate her little bro for his b'day, and, may be, just may be, he will remember that it is also our wedding anniversary.

Most of the years it worked. In the last 10-15 years, the boys are reminding him 😉

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm waaaay behind, but just wanted to jump in to wish everyone on our Dani board, a wonderful, healthy and Happy New Year!  Thank you all for the love we share!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND JIM and the rest of your family.    

Hope all is going well at your condo and you are having fun visiting neighbors you haven't seen in a while. 

🥰🥳

• Like 2

We have new neighbors that moved into the house across the street from us a week ago.  They are a very young couple with a baby.  They are out on their deck, which is a new Trex deck installed by the old owners, lighting off roman candles!  They are not out on the large grassed backyard, they are on the deck with sparks showering down on the shed below and shooting up above their roof!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love it!   Great thinking on your part.     

Do the boys remind of your B'day?

Well, as we say in Romanian "you get to know your 'merchandise' " 😉

The sad part of the "triple" celebration [taking into account my SIL birthday in the same day] is that the last time my SIL was "alive" was on Jan. 17th, 2016. That morning I woke up early and told DH: "may be, for a change, you'll congratulate Hassia, instead of her congratulating you first all those years". He looked at me and said, with a twinkle in his eyes: "I've just done that. I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she was in a hurry and will get back to me later"...

Early afternoon we get a phone call from their cousin, asking if we've spoken with Hassia [SIL], since he wanted to congratulate her, and she is not answering her mobile and her landline. We told him that hubby spoke with her early in the morning.

Then we tried also to reach her -- no reply. Phoned her son, he said "I was just going to call her, since I have a trace on her phone, and noticed that it didn't move from early in the morning"...

Turns out she had a cerebral hemorrhage while entering the dry cleaners just mins after spoking with DH, they called an ambulance, saying her name, but since she left her bag in the car, the hospital didn't have any means to contact the family. The doctors said straight away that there is no hope for recovery, but her daughter and son refused to accept it, so she is in a special hospital since then.

It happened 10 days before our son's wedding. I was all for postponing, but the Jewish tradition doesn't allow it. The happiness was mixed with sadness.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, as we say in Romanian "you get to know your 'merchandise' " 😉

The sad part of the "triple" celebration [taking into account my SIL birthday in the same day] is that the last time my SIL was "alive" was on Jan. 17th, 2016. That morning I woke up early and told DH: "may be, for a change, you'll congratulate Hassia, instead of her congratulating you first all those years". He looked at me and said, with a twinkle in his eyes: "I've just done that. I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she was in a hurry and will get back to me later"...

Early afternoon we get a phone call from their cousin, asking if we've spoken with Hassia [SIL], since he wanted to congratulate her, and she is not answering her mobile and her landline. We told him that hubby spoke with her early in the morning.

Then we tried also to reach her -- no reply. Phoned her son, he said "I was just going to call her, since I have a trace on her phone, and noticed that it didn't move from early in the morning"...

Turns out she had a cerebral hemorrhage while entering the dry cleaners just mins after spoking with DH, they called an ambulance, saying her name, but since she left her bag in the car, the hospital didn't have any means to contact the family. The doctors said straight away that there is no hope for recovery, but her daughter and son refused to accept it, so she is in a special hospital since then.

It happened 10 days before our son's wedding. I was all for postponing, but the Jewish tradition doesn't allow it. The happiness was mixed with sadness.

I'm so sorry Danni.

Prayers 🙏 for a miracle.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1