Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Happy New Year, everybody! 
Believe me, I’m hoping with everything in me that it will be a good one!

I’ve gone to dinner on New Year’s Eve with 3 to 5 friends for years. 
Dick doesn’t really like eating out, and his idea of celebrating is watching football!

Being senior citizens, my friends and I eat at 6, and I’m home by 8:30. 
Up till a couple of years ago, when there were at least 5 of us, we would play Mexican Train after dinner. 
Wild and crazy old ladies!

I want you all to know how very much I appreciate every one of you. Dani’s group has enriched my life, allowing me to share my ups and downs with you all, and letting me share yours. 
I hope we will all be together to see many more New Years begin. 
Attached is a photo from last night. I’m the slightly battered old lady in the right forefront. We were all surprised at the size of our portions…agreeably surprised. 
So today I have to eat black eyed peas, pork, rice and greens, for good luck, good health and prosperity in the new year, and tomorrow I’ll finish my really good ribeye steak and loaded baked potato. 

612EC3E0-01BC-43D6-A8AA-FC003AA083BC.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

At this point, we might need life jackets for the hot tub.

We can get pork roll here, it's scrapple that is impossible to find in any grocery stores here.

Just ask some from NJ to drop it bye on their way south. $$$ not accepted. Only Hot tub accepted. 😁🤣LOL!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

I keep trying to multi quote the posts asking about the fires in CO and CC us giving me issues, so I’ll just post a single post. Luckily, we’re south of the fires so unaffected, but the wind is relentless. It Is snowing now though so the hope is that it will extinguish the fires in the north 🙏

🙏Stay safe Crystal. Have a happy, healthy and safe year.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just ask some from NJ to drop it bye on their way south. $$$ not accepted. Only Hot tub accepted. 😁🤣LOL!

There lies the problem though, Interstate 81 coming from the north is great if you want to avoid the heavy traffic in Baltimore and Washington Dc on Interstate 95, but most coming from the north take I-95 straight down while I-81 is west of I-95

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There lies the problem though, Interstate 81 coming from the north is great if you want to avoid the heavy traffic in Baltimore and Washington Dc on Interstate 95, but most coming from the north take I-95 straight down while I-81 is west of I-95

Yeah,  we are I 95 people.  To take 81 would be a detour.

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

When we made the move, we took 276 to 76 around Philadelphia and then picked up 81 just below Harrisburg in Mechanicsburg, and then went straight down south on 81. avoiding Baltimore and DC.

Felt more comfortable taking that route with the rented Cruise America 30ft. RV for bringing my Wife down with the pets. Time wise to where we live now in Virginia is was not that much longer .

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We always avoid the stress of driving 95 through DC and Baltimore by taking the bridge tunnel. 
It’s slower, but driving up the Delmarva peninsula gives us the strength to handle 95 the rest of the way. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry Danni. Prayers 🙏 for a miracle. Graham.

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

So sorry to hear this

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is very sad to hear.  Just reminds all of us to live life and enjoy every moment as you just never know what could happen.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My heart is with you.

Graham, Lenny, Debbie, Greg and Bonnie,

Thank you for your sentiments. I truly appreciate them.💕

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, so sorry you have this sadness in your family.  

What pains me so much is that she was so unlucky in life. She lost her wonderful husband to cancer at 35 (her was 39). Beautiful woman. When the family sat "shiva", the "consensus" was that she will rebuilt her life very quickly. Alas, when she lost consciousness on the morning of her 73 b'day, she was still alone...

Shiva is the week-long mourning period in Judaism for first-degree relatives. The ritual is referred to as "sitting shiva" in English.

Here is a picture my DH has done after their only childhood photo together....

IMG_6725.thumb.jpg.e2440cf691589a5b5e0c7fa5e257206f.jpg

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Here's a link to Lulu's song last night

Is she the same fashion model from the sixties? Thanks for sharing the up-beating song.😘

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Amen and amen to that 🙏

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

🙏Stay safe Crystal. Have a happy, healthy and safe year.

@singinalot

+ 1 to you and Nate

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We always avoid the stress of driving 95 through DC and Baltimore by taking the bridge tunnel. 
It’s slower, but driving up the Delmarva peninsula gives us the strength to handle 95 the rest of the way. 

We went that way once when we were still house hunting in Virginia. Took Rt 1 and Rt13 over those bridges and tunnels............Bad thing was we went through there during a very bad thunderstorm, high winds heavy rain and golf size hail..............My wife yelling for me to stop and me telling here there is now safe place to stop.

There is like nothing along the way, very barren. Can't believe people actually live out in that area.

I thought it would be anice way to go and be neat seeing the water around those bridges but it was almost like traveling through there at night because of the bad storm, could hardly see anything.

We would never go that way again..........it was the worse weather I have ever driven in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Dick doesn’t really like eating out, and his idea of celebrating is watching football!

Up till a couple of years ago, when there were at least 5 of us, we would play Mexican Train after dinner. 

I want you all to know how very much I appreciate every one of you. Dani’s group has enriched my life, allowing me to share my ups and downs with you all, and letting me share yours. 
Attached is a photo from last night. I’m the slightly battered old lady in the right forefront. We were all surprised at the size of our portions…agreeably surprised. 
So today I have to eat black eyed peas, pork, rice and greens, for good luck, good health and prosperity in the new year, and tomorrow I’ll finish my really good ribeye steak and loaded baked potato. 

How lovely to bring in the new year with good friends.  You look like a fun bunch of gals!  May you be blessed with a healthy and happy 2022.

Oh, and one other thing... now that I see your picture, I say there's no way you're really 85!  Your pleasant outlook on life has kept you looking young!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Beautiful ladies! The smiles say it all.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Lenny, Debbie, Greg and Bonnie,

Thank you for your sentiments. I truly appreciate them.💕

What pains me so much is that she was so unlucky in life. She lost her wonderful husband to cancer at 35 (her was 39). Beautiful woman. When the family sat "shiva", the "consensus" was that she will rebuilt her life very quickly. Alas, when she lost consciousness on the morning of her 73 b'day, she was still alone...

Shiva is the week-long mourning period in Judaism for first-degree relatives. The ritual is referred to as "sitting shiva" in English.

Here is a picture my DH has done after their only childhood photo together....

IMG_6725.thumb.jpg.e2440cf691589a5b5e0c7fa5e257206f.jpg

Is she the same fashion model from the sixties? Thanks for sharing the up-beating song.😘

Amen and amen to that 🙏

@singinalot

+ 1 to you and Nate

Dani, the picture is beautiful.  Sending you and your family love.❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi, happy to see you out enjoying time with your friends.  That’s a good size ribeye.  Two good meals on that plate.  I hope you and your friends enjoy the rest of 2022.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, derorim said:

How lovely to bring in the new year with good friends.  You look like a fun bunch of gals!  May you be blessed with a healthy and happy 2022.

Oh, and one other thing... now that I see your picture, I say there's no way you're really 85!  Your pleasant outlook on life has kept you looking young!

Absolutely +1.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

I keep trying to multi quote the posts asking about the fires in CO and CC us giving me issues, so I’ll just post a single post. Luckily, we’re south of the fires so unaffected, but the wind is relentless. It Is snowing now though so the hope is that it will extinguish the fires in the north 🙏

One of my nieces best friend had her house burn to the ground in Denver area.

we had a fantastic New Year’s Eve last night, 5 course dinner with some excellent wine. This was last night for this restaurant , best crowd in decades, we left after midnight and people were still dancing. Very bittersweet after 30 years.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We went that way once when we were still house hunting in Virginia. Took Rt 1 and Rt13 over those bridges and tunnels............Bad thing was we went through there during a very bad thunderstorm, high winds heavy rain and golf size hail..............My wife yelling for me to stop and me telling here there is now safe place to stop.

There is like nothing along the way, very barren. Can't believe people actually live out in that area.

I thought it would be anice way to go and be neat seeing the water around those bridges but it was almost like traveling through there at night because of the bad storm, could hardly see anything.

We would never go that way again..........it was the worse weather I have ever driven in.

We feel that way about Houston. We’ve driven through there at least half a dozen times, and every time it was in a horrible thunderstorm, pitch black except for lightning strikes, unable to see the vehicle in front of us, or lane lines. 
Delmarva on a nice day is little towns and farmland. Fields of corn and other vegetables, and farm stands for buying them. In bad weather I’m sure it feels like it goes on and on  and no end in sight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Thank you. I try to be happy even when I’m not!!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, as we say in Romanian "you get to know your 'merchandise' " 😉

The sad part of the "triple" celebration [taking into account my SIL birthday in the same day] is that the last time my SIL was "alive" was on Jan. 17th, 2016. That morning I woke up early and told DH: "may be, for a change, you'll congratulate Hassia, instead of her congratulating you first all those years". He looked at me and said, with a twinkle in his eyes: "I've just done that. I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she was in a hurry and will get back to me later"...

Early afternoon we get a phone call from their cousin, asking if we've spoken with Hassia [SIL], since he wanted to congratulate her, and she is not answering her mobile and her landline. We told him that hubby spoke with her early in the morning.

Then we tried also to reach her -- no reply. Phoned her son, he said "I was just going to call her, since I have a trace on her phone, and noticed that it didn't move from early in the morning"...

Turns out she had a cerebral hemorrhage while entering the dry cleaners just mins after spoking with DH, they called an ambulance, saying her name, but since she left her bag in the car, the hospital didn't have any means to contact the family. The doctors said straight away that there is no hope for recovery, but her daughter and son refused to accept it, so she is in a special hospital since then.

It happened 10 days before our son's wedding. I was all for postponing, but the Jewish tradition doesn't allow it. The happiness was mixed with sadness.

It is somehow worse, to me, when someone is struck down in the midst of life.

Hassia didn’t deserve what happened to her, not did her loved ones deserve to lose her. 
I’m sorry she is in that hospital with her body being kept alive, and it’s hard to understand her children’s decision, but they must feel their mother is still here on earth with them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We feel that way about Houston. We’ve driven through there at least half a dozen times, and every time it was in a horrible thunderstorm, pitch black except for lightning strikes, unable to see the vehicle in front of us, or lane lines. 
Delmarva on a nice day is little towns and farmland. Fields of corn and other vegetables, and farm stands for buying them. In bad weather I’m sure it feels like it goes on and on  and no end in sight. 

Exactly, because of the heavy rain we were driving much slower then normal and like you said there is like nothing out there but farm land so it seems we were driving forever and were getting nowhere.

We figured we would eventually get out of the heavy rain but it wasn't happening, the storm was just sticking we us the whole way, didn't let up that much until we got Norfolk, Va.........storm started around the Dover Motor Speedway in Dover, Delaware. So we drove through 200 miles of  pure crap!

Never forget it !! What a ride.

• Like 2