Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

They probably didn't film all she has to say to them , only a 5 minute piece. Says  the News Channel contacted Royal, but no one has got back to them yet to respond. and how many were really infected on that sailing.

I'm sure the CDC will be following up with Royal to find out exactly what was going on

Hall way was bad, no way it should look like that. Items should be picked up more regularly, since this was a Quarantine area.

We have no idea how long it was left like that. Shock and Awe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We have no idea how long it was left like that. Shock and Awe

I guess they all called each other on the phone and said okay everyone lets put all our garbage outside at the same time and then lets all take pictures and say look nobody picked up our trash for days..........LOL

It looked to me from the pictures there was bags of trash left out by every door you could see in the picture.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Shortage of staff?

Keep in mind, it's a quarantine area, no passengers are supposed to be out roaming the halls. That's what quarantine means. FWIW, I saw those same disposable food containers in our hallway on Oasis last month. And as on any cruises, passengers are going to toss their room service dishes in the hall.

I'm sure there is some schedule to pick up trash, but due to safety issues it won't be every 10 minutes

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess they all called each other on the phone and said okay everyone lets put all our garbage outside at the same time and then lets all take pictures and say look nobody picked up our trash for days..........LOL

It looked to me from the pictures there was bags of trash left out by every door you could see in the picture.

She heard doors opening up and peeked out the door.  She shared that on the thead as I recall.

Here's a theory. The staff told passengers to place their trash outside at a set time. 

That's a better explanation than your example😉🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Found out yesterday that my younger daughter's BF tested positive for Covid.  He had a fever and just felt yucky.  Feels fine now after a day of taking OTC meds.  He will work from home for the next week to quarantine.  Older daughter's BF has similar symptoms, but they can't find tests anywhere...all sold out.  He's a chef and the owner and some staff at his restaurant also have Covid, so their restaurant is temporarily closed.  We were exposed to both BFs (several times) over Christmas but no symptoms for either of us.  We used some leftover BinaxNOW tests and both tested negative.  We'll going into hiding for a few days to be safe.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Keep in mind, it's a quarantine area, no passengers are supposed to be out roaming the halls. That's what quarantine means. FWIW, I saw those same disposable food containers in our hallway on Oasis last month. And as on any cruises, passengers are going to toss their room service dishes in the hall.

I'm sure there is some schedule to pick up trash, but due to safety issues it won't be every 10 minutes

I was stating it may be because there are not enough people to do that now that many are quarantined .....sick some being offloaded to another ship...quarantine of new staff taken on = shortage in staff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

As a proud, card-carrying member of the Bills Mafia, I need to post the below video which has the correct lyrics for Shout. 😉

Buffalo wedding receptions will often play the original version of Shout, and then immediately follow with the Bills version.  It's enough to make everyone get up and dance.

My friend Chris who was born and raised in Buffalo prefers this version of Shout and he says,it is the way the song was meant to be.😀

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Found out yesterday that my younger daughter's BF tested positive for Covid.  He had a fever and just felt yucky.  Feels fine now after a day of taking OTC meds.  He will work from home for the next week to quarantine.  Older daughter's BF has similar symptoms, but they can't find tests anywhere...all sold out.  He's a chef and the owner and some staff at his restaurant also have Covid, so their restaurant is temporarily closed.  We were exposed to both BFs (several times) over Christmas but no symptoms for either of us.  We used some leftover BinaxNOW tests and both tested negative.  We'll going into hiding for a few days to be safe.

Hopefully they will be fine soon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had another glorious 35C (95f) day today.  

Beach photos needed please. 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This popped up in my news feed this morning. 😱🍍

https://pineapplecruises.com/

I went into private mode, the acceptable behaviour policy was an interesting read. Almost what I expected to read. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If they are going to have so called shortage of staff in the medical department area of the ship, we are in more trouble then I thought on cruise ships.

I didn't get to see her TV interview or the hallway photos.

I just hope I never find out what the hallway of the quarantine section looks like!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

About 5 inches of snow here is  Southwest Virginia, roads are covered but plows are starting to clear the roads now since it almost stopped.

20220103_101237.jpg

20220103_101216.jpg

20220103_101143.jpg

Looks really pretty but I am glad that we didn't get anything here.    Looks like it is staying south/southeast of my area.   

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

From what I have read on other threads each quarantine room is given the red infectious waste trash bags to place all trash into on a daily basis.    I know they leave the room service trays at your door not sure if they get paper plates or real plates/silverware but they are to leave them in the hallway when done and trash would be picked up daily.   

Since they had people quarantining on various decks on Harmony, I think she was deck 6 or 9 and others were near the medical center on deck 2 or 3 it probably thru off their system. 

Again, I don't ever want to find out the details!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Will be a good test of private mode.  Will be interesting to see what type of ads you receive in the next couple of days.  😉

Which makes me wonder what type of ads John will receive before me. 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Been an interesting day here.  My DH woke up feeling sluggish and said he had cold and hot spells part of the night and than towards morning woke up really sweating. 

I go we have those extra bianax (sp) COVID test went don’t you do one. 

So he mossies upstairs mumbling under his breath and sets up his phone and gets thru to a proctor right away. I quickly exit and wait for the news.  20 min later he comes down with the wand and shows to me.  I go. “ your pregnant “.  Well it kinda looks that way.  Yup he’s positive. 

0DBF1AAD-6218-4CA3-9995-19ADB40E0783.jpeg

Ahh - sorry to hear this.    Hopefully his symptoms improve and he has a speedy recovery. 

Animals are always good protectors when ill.   Good to have them watch over him.

I hope you stay well too!

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From what I have read on other threads each quarantine room is given the red infectious waste trash bags to place all trash into on a daily basis.    I know they leave the room service trays at your door not sure if they get paper plates or real plates/silverware but they are to leave them in the hallway when done and trash would be picked up daily.   

Since they had people quarantining on various decks on Harmony, I think she was deck 6 or 9 and others were near the medical center on deck 2 or 3 it probably thru off their system. 

Again, I don't ever want to find out the details!

For 22 days onboard you might want to  become friends with some of the crew members onboard and when they off load in Coco Cay you can blend in and spend your quarantine on the island.

• Haha 3