Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We arrived at cape liberty around 1 pm to see a huge line due to late arrival of the anthem.  We spent about 1 hr in the cold and rain on and off.  Boarded around 2 pm.  Once inside the terminal took about 15 mins to check in.  Had kumelweck sandwich for lunch at cafe 270...Delicious.

Our first cocktails...me a Caribbean Mule...Eric a Long island ice tea...

Have a great week! What is the itinerary? Do you know if they were able to fix the azipod?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It looks like we had between 70 and 100 doing B2B on Oasis with us.  We had a nice breakfast in the dining room, got a little exercise walking the deck, then reported to the theatre at 8:30 with the rest doing B2B.  

They had made last call for everyone to leave the ship at 9 am.  After several announcements looking for people, they sent out search parties looking for 10 people who had not left.  They finally found them around 11, and got them off, so we could go off through customs and come back on.  Once we were able to start, it was a smooth process. 

It was nice not looking for luggage and putting things away.  Now Susan says she wants to do more back to backs, so maybe I will look at another week for Allure in May. 

I have heard some preliminary numbers on how many will be aboard this week, and if correct, it will be fantastic. I will report when I know for sure. 

Now, the sky is clear, the sun is shining, and we are ready for more sunrise pictures at sea. 

Smooth sailing to others sailing, and wave if you see us. 

What is the itinerary this week? Have a great time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What time is Sail away, John?  Which part, please!  Have a wonderful time!!!!!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.   We sailed at 5:30.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Is that you sporting my initial?

That is Keith with his Razorback visor on.

The number of pax look down more than I expected.   I will try to get a number.   We were able to up get an upgrade to a GS.  We are waiting for our new keys and move our bags.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is the itinerary this week? Have a great time!

This week, we are doing western. Tomorrow is CocoCay, Wednesday we have Cozumel, Thursday Roatan, Friday Costa Maya, and back to Miami on Sunday. 

Currently we have a delayed sail away for 8:45 tonight.  Evidently, they are awaiting a piece of equipment, or maybe more alcohol. 🤣

At least they didn’t have to worry about wind or waves for the aqua show tonight.  It was just as good as last week. 

Two new “Motown trivia” champs were named tonight. We brought home the GOLD.  

Highlighters, that is. 

6189D595-8750-4C50-82E5-8022FAFB1EBA.thumb.jpeg.215ca1f78fd07d8dbb17c8db00c4af1e.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This week, we are doing western. Tomorrow is CocoCay, Wednesday we have Cozumel, Thursday Roatan, Friday Costa Maya, and back to Miami on Sunday. 

Currently we have a delayed sail away for 8:45 tonight.  Evidently, they are awaiting a piece of equipment, or maybe more alcohol. 🤣

At least they didn’t have to worry about wind or waves for the aqua show tonight.  It was just as good as last week. 

Two new “Motown trivia” champs were named tonight. We brought home the GOLD.  

Highlighters, that is. 

6189D595-8750-4C50-82E5-8022FAFB1EBA.thumb.jpeg.215ca1f78fd07d8dbb17c8db00c4af1e.jpeg

I love the dolphin encounter in Roatan by far the best we have ever tried , have done it multiple times , no swimming you walk out in waist deep water and dolphins come to you.

• Like 5

@George C  I’m interested in hearing more about your feral cat.  How often does it come inside?  Do have to worry about fleas?  

The reason I ask is we had very young (about 5 weeks old) kittens appear suddenly in late October many years ago.  My neighbor had caught one a couple days earlier and took it to the pound.  Before he could get to the door someone pretty much took it off his hands.  Probably saved the $100 adoption fee.  He told me he had seen a couple more circling my house.  With the snow that night I assumed the worst but the next day my husband came home and spotted them on the front step.  As soon as they saw him they scurried off the step and squeezed in a crack between the concrete stairs and house.  For the next two hours I was trying to bait them but they were so leery and fast.  I finally caught one, it was so desperate for food it had become so engrossed in the meal it didn’t see me.  It was a nervous wreck.  I brought it inside and put it in a Rubbermaid bin while DH tracked the other one as it worked its way around the foundation.  Finally  caught it.  About the same time DH came home from college with four friends.  I showed them the kittens and they took turns passing them around.  Imagine my surprise when someone asked “what is this in it’s head”?  I took one look and about died.  It had fleas, like covered in them.  Ugg, I scooped it up and started giving it a bath in the kitchen sink.  Once I got that one done I worked on the second one.  In the meantime more fleas appeared on the first one.  I think I gave them each 3 baths.  It was during that time that I realized how infested they were, the water was rust colored on the white one.  I got to the point where I thought things were ok and they spent the night in the bin.  Next day I brought them to work to see if my MIL wanted them as her second cat had just passed.  Nope, my BIL scooped them up and took them home.  To this day he talks about what great cats they are with incredible hunting skills.  Much to the dismay of my SIL.lol

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.   We sailed at 5:30.

That is Keith with his Razorback visor on.

The number of pax look down more than I expected.   I will try to get a number.   We were able to up get an upgrade to a GS.  We are waiting for our new keys and move our bags.

Congratulations on the GS and perks that goes with them, we always book GS unless there is a really cheap Owners suite 😁

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank God for tile and wooden flooring. Update. We have a setback in the potty training of the pups. They have now decided it's easier to pee and poop in the the kitchen when we are not looking than go outside. Thank goodness we have tile. They do great at night in the crate but during the day they seem to want to potty anytime. We may have to crate them during the day. We do have a playpen and they seem to not potty in there but lately it has been a real challenge. They have also discovered faking it to get a treat. Smart pups. We are determined to get through this. I have read it's not uncommon for puppies to regress. Hard to know when a sniff is a sniff or a sniff to locate.

Littermate syndrome is real and take more patience than having one puppy. For us it helped to separate them at times, especially when housebreaking. We took each one out separately so they couldn't distract each other.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@George C  I’m interested in hearing more about your feral cat.  How often does it come inside?  Do have to worry about fleas?  

The reason I ask is we had very young (about 5 weeks old) kittens appear suddenly in late October many years ago.  My neighbor had caught one a couple days earlier and took it to the pound.  Before he could get to the door someone pretty much took it off his hands.  Probably saved the $100 adoption fee.  He told me he had seen a couple more circling my house.  With the snow that night I assumed the worst but the next day my husband came home and spotted them on the front step.  As soon as they saw him they scurried off the step and squeezed in a crack between the concrete stairs and house.  For the next two hours I was trying to bait them but they were so leery and fast.  I finally caught one, it was so desperate for food it had become so engrossed in the meal it didn’t see me.  It was a nervous wreck.  I brought it inside and put it in a Rubbermaid bin while DH tracked the other one as it worked its way around the foundation.  Finally  caught it.  About the same time DH came home from college with four friends.  I showed them the kittens and they took turns passing them around.  Imagine my surprise when someone asked “what is this in it’s head”?  I took one look and about died.  It had fleas, like covered in them.  Ugg, I scooped it up and started giving it a bath in the kitchen sink.  Once I got that one done I worked on the second one.  In the meantime more fleas appeared on the first one.  I think I gave them each 3 baths.  It was during that time that I realized how infested they were, the water was rust colored on the white one.  I got to the point where I thought things were ok and they spent the night in the bin.  Next day I brought them to work to see if my MIL wanted them as her second cat had just passed.  Nope, my BIL scooped them up and took them home.  To this day he talks about what great cats they are with incredible hunting skills.  Much to the dismay of my SIL.lol

He refuses to come inside even on the coldest night , that’s why we got the little house , once a couple of years ago he came in briefly circled the kitchen then left , I have been feeding him for about 4 years but he travels all around our neighborhood and definitely gets food from multiple houses. He rarely lets me or pet him . He was a very skinny cat at one time now is a little overweight 😁

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations on the GS and perks that goes with them, we always book GS unless there is a really cheap Owners suite 😁

I think we are now officially spoiled.  We were able to royal up to a GS on Symphony.   When the numbers seemed low this week we thought we would ask. We waited in our OVB to see if they would upgrade and were joking about how small it is.  It will be even harder now to go back.  Maybe we should try a jr suite. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think we are now officially spoiled.  We were able to royal up to a GS on Symphony.   When the numbers seemed low this week we thought we would ask. We waited in our OVB to see if they would upgrade and were joking about how small it is.  It will be even harder now to go back.  Maybe we should try a jr suite. 

We did our first grand suite about 8 years ago and have not booked less since, we did get some great deals on them in the past on smaller ships . Our last celebrity we did move up to penthouse that was amazing but definitely out of our normal price range ( we were celebrating several thing for that one)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

She still seems small compared to the other cats.

270213371_Samantha26.thumb.jpeg.117d72347919495fdc5bd9f5b2d1b28d.jpeg

Best tail ever! I love this cat.

4 hours ago, George C said:

Our outside feral cat is taking a nap in his little house

image.thumb.jpeg.da5f6211eca33a4f7af0cdf43b9fb860.jpeg

Thank you for doing this. You are a blessing to animals.

34 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Littermate syndrome is real and take more patience than having one puppy. For us it helped to separate them at times, especially when housebreaking. We took each one out separately so they couldn't distract each other.

I think you are right. While they do want to do everything together, they do better when doing their business separately. Problem is when one is out side the other goes crazy because they want to out there too.

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It's good to be spoiled John. I hope you and Sharon have a great week. Drink one or two for me. Cheers to you!

Congratulations!!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, George C said:

He refuses to come inside even on the coldest night , that’s why we got the little house , once a couple of years ago he came in briefly circled the kitchen then left , I have been feeding him for about 4 years but he travels all around our neighborhood and definitely gets food from multiple houses. He rarely lets me or pet him . He was a very skinny cat at one time now is a little overweight 😁

With feral cats it depends on how many generations have been feral.  I have had feral cats who moved inside and became loving cats.  They were dumped or left by their owners.  Then there was a feral cat who we had trapped and gotten fixed.  We put her back outside and fed her.  She was attacked by a dog and had to have major surgery.  They shaved her so even after she healed we couldn't put her outside until it warmed up (she was living in our upstairs).  So 6 months later she was still hiding under our bed, coming out when no one was upstairs.  She was a very happy cat when she got to go back outside.  Her mom was feral and maybe her grandmother too.  

• Like 7