Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sunshine3601I sure hope it all works out for you and Eric, Debbie!  We all know how much you were looking forward to your B2B on the Anthem, and also to meeting Marietta and Charlie.

I'm glad the food, service, sun, and warmth were wonderful for you this past week.

Here's hoping for your internet problems to be resolved, so that you both can continue your cruising this coming week!🤞

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mine is set for Thursday. I'm doing my best to avoid sick patients this week!

OB, can I ask which test you are taking?  PCR or antigen?  I wanted to do the antigen but I'm not sure if the ones CVS offers (website just says rapid antigen) qualify.  Walgreens offers the BinaxNOW but the closest location is in York, ME. 

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Our last cruise…2019! Unbelievable!

Anyway, our Roll Call decided to have name tags made. 
I had a trophy place make mine. They look like business name tags. 
mine says Jagsfan, Dick’s says Jagsfan’s DH. 
I saved them to wear on Harmony in 2020…then 2021, and now, hopefully, 2022. Our Roll Call was dead last time I checked, but if I wear my name tag a couple of times, I may hook a CCer who recognizes the name. 

Any respectable CCer would recognize your name in a heartbeat!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sheal said:

OB, can I ask which test you are taking?  PCR or antigen?  I wanted to do the antigen but I'm not sure if the ones CVS offers (website just says rapid antigen) qualify.  Walgreens offers the BinaxNOW but the closest location is in York, ME. 

CVS antigen. RCI accepts it. Travelling internationally on a flight might be an issue depending on the destination,  that is why CVS has the travel disclaimer on its website, but it is fine to get on a Royal ship.

• Like 2

@dani negreanuBelated anniversary wishes from me!  Countdown is on now to the Golden Anniversary!

@DaniDanielleGood luck with your test.  I'm feeling pretty positive that you will be negative!

@Sunshine3601I'm so sorry that you might be ending the vacation.  We did a few where I had to do payroll while away and it was pretty stressful.  The internet connection at the time was so frustratingly slow and I only had to get that one task down.  I can't imagine what you both, especially your husband, is going through.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

CVS antigen. RCI accepts it.

That is good news.  We are supposed to leave is just less than 3 weeks.  I am so desperate to go away that I am ok with the mask policy.  Sounds like my DH is ok with it too, he mentioned that we will be coming home the day of the super bowl.

I still need to book the airfare and decide which day to fly down.  My dog is doing well but I still hate to leave him due to his anxiety.  The lab gets pretty sad too.  My niece will be staying here and both dogs see her at the office so I know they will be happy to have her here with them.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for explaining that. I thought having no water could be very dangerous. I will admit when I have am the chills I immediately want to get warm but completely understand how it would be detrimental to your core body temperature.

Agreed not giving her bottled water for the cabin was really not right.

I have never been down to the medical area on a cruise ship before.

People that are in really bad shape is there actually beds down there and rooms, if so you would have thought they would have wanted to keep a better eye on someone with a 104 degree temperature and would have given her instructions as to what to do to lower the temp.

Guess none of that happened in her case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed not giving her bottled water for the cabin was really not right.

I have never been down to the medical area on a cruise ship before.

People that are in really bad shape is there actually beds down there and rooms, if so you would have thought they would have wanted to keep a better eye on someone with a 104 degree temperature and would have given her instructions as to what to do to lower the temp.

Guess none of that happened in her case.

The medical center is just like a small urgent care facility with exam rooms and a waiting room.  There is also a emergency room/trauma room that has lots of equipment in it to deal with a real emergency.  They will monitor people down there if they feel it is necessary.  When we were sick on Anthem, we had 103 fevers and were sent back to our cabin but were visited there by a nurse.  They did keep a young girl from our roll call down in medical for over 24 hours but she had a higher fever and was dehydrated.  We were told to dial 911 if we had an emergency.  We just took the Tamiflu they prescribed and some Tylenol and crashed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The medical center is just like a small urgent care facility with exam rooms and a waiting room.  There is also a emergency room/trauma room that has lots of equipment in it to deal with a real emergency.  They will monitor people down there if they feel it is necessary.  When we were sick on Anthem, we had 103 fevers and were sent back to our cabin but were visited there by a nurse.  They did keep a young girl from our roll call down in medical for over 24 hours but she had a higher fever and was dehydrated.  We were told to dial 911 if we had an emergency.  We just took the Tamiflu they prescribed and some Tylenol and crashed.  

I don't know if she said she was given any meds or not, Maybe the meds are just for passengers... lol

Just now, Jimbo said:

I don't know if she said she was given any meds or not, Maybe the meds are just for passengers... lol

Not sure what they are prescribing for Covid on the ships.  We were sick a couple of years ago with influenza A.  We were tested soon enough to be given Tamiflu.  We were actually sent back to our cabin wearing N95 masks before they were fashionable on a cruise ship!  Our elevator stopped once for an old couple to get on and the old guy got on, not looking up as he was watching his step.  He looked up once he was on and literally, turned around and almost ran off the elevator.  His wife apologized to us and said they would wait for another elevator but hoped we were okay lol  The husband was horrified!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Well, yeah, 45F currently, but will be 33F tonight.   Like I said, chilly.😉. I’ve had my share of -25C when visiting my family on Cape Breton Island in February 🥶🥶🥶 

Layers, lots of layers. That being said Kudos to you for actually doing it.

I’ve said it many times, I’ll take a blizzard over a hurricane.  My friends in Houston say the opposite.  

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Layers, lots of layers. That being said Kudos to you for actually doing it.

I’ve said it many times, I’ll take a blizzard over a hurricane.  My friends in Houston say the opposite.  

I don’t mind hurricanes, been through several when I lived in south Florida. At least with hurricanes you get a few days to a weeks notice.   My house was all concrete, so never had any damage except the pool screen room.  I do t mind cold weather either.  I grew up with blizzards.  That’s why I moved to this part of Florida, we actually get a few months of cooler weather.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for explaining that. I thought having no water could be very dangerous. I will admit when I have am the chills I immediately want to get warm but completely understand how it would be detrimental to your core body temperature.

Having no water was her choice😉

Tap water is fine🙂 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Sea Dog, I fully understand how pets love to play with the simplest things.  This is Minnie toying with a wadded up grocery receipt.  We call it a paper mouse.

Hysterical I love this. Cats are very good at doing things one handed.

• Like 2