Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you all for your well wishes. It was a long day, starting at 5am, and finished just about now. So, so relieved.

We traveled to "keep an eye" on GS1 and take him at 8am to the kindergarten, while his parents and younger brother were already in the hospital for the 7am appointment.

Thankfully, the surgery went well, and the young patient was soon seen swapping jokes with his doctors 😁 ....  The resilience at this age is simply amazing.

After a few hours they came back home, and we've done our best to try to keep him from moving around constantly and "fighting" with his older brother, so full of energy both of them... He will spend another 2 days at home.

Enjoying his "prize" after recovery ...

PHOTO-2022-01-18-14-06-36.thumb.jpg.edec0fd7a4be6b796d591b49434c47cb.jpg

So glad all went well and he is enjoying his prize.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our drive today took us as far as Elkin, NC.  This is one of the places we always stop on our way to and from Florida.  We started to to see snow in South Carolina.  Outside our hotel, it looks like this. 

ED7BD506-25CB-4391-8A33-69BE678BA57F.thumb.jpeg.f78a37ecf6eb26714afb632aa73fb4df.jpeg

It looked like anyone with a tractor and a plow was still keeping busy here.  I was not looking forward to clearing my driveway tomorrow, after another 7 hours in the car, so I was surprised when my daughter said she had someone plow it out today. 

The hotel we are at is the one that has so many Christmas decorations, and several are still up.  I was going to fill in the sign that says “___ days until Christmas “.  It is 341 if anyone is counting. 

It seems that Santa was suggesting I turn around and find some warm weather.  

F89E5272-CEA1-4172-9486-AADE5916611C.thumb.jpeg.47e163d95d731ca3b7a5508fc1d7f358.jpeg

1D2187D1-2394-4D6F-9FAD-1BB514DEF86C.thumb.jpeg.54d1babfe45f4261d79945ac5e5da5d8.jpeg

I imagine Greg @Sea Dogwould like these. 

These decorations are perfect for Christmas in Australia especially the thongs! (flip flops)

DH always hits the beach after Christmas lunch (with chair not surfboard).

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thankfully, the surgery went well, and the young patient was soon seen swapping jokes with his doctors 😁 ....  The resilience at this age is simply amazing.

Your grandson is adorable, Dani!!  His ice pop looks pretty good right now!

What a great feeling when the surgery is completely and successfully over with.  He looks like one happy fellow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

+ 14   ☹️

Our kitties will be surprised to see us Thursday.    I do miss them and will happy to see Sparky and Eva too.    I phoned our neighbor today to let her know we will be coming home and she said they are doing well but no one has wanted to go outside since it has been so cold.     Looking forward to their snuggles.   

Dani, I think I missed an event.    I hope all went well with your Grandson's Surgery and wish him a speedy recovery😍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Three people today told me they think I crazy going on a cruise now. Just what I needed.😏

They just don't know any better!!  They have no idea what they are missing; but we all know!  You're going to have a blast!

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Definitely you and Jim and whoever else in the general idea would like to join all of us.   😍

@Arzeena maybe you can bring RJ or Jim (or both 😇) @lenquixote66, etc etc etc     This would be a blast!

That would be great!  I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person!  

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sounds like we have some planning to do😁

It sure does!  Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

When you said "limited access", are you using Stream,  or Surf only. You will not be able to do remote desktop by using a VPN with surf only. Do you have stream? Please check before cancelling anything.

Thank you for asking.    We have surf and stream for 3 devices.     In fact the other day one of the IT guys onboard the ship signed us in as anthem employees and used his password as an officer as he thought that might help with any security issues but no luck with that either.   

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our kitties will be surprised to see us Thursday.    I do miss them and will happy to see Sparky and Eva too.  Looking forward to their snuggles.   

There you go, Debbie!  Taking lemons and making them into lemonade!❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your well wishes. It was a long day, starting at 5am, and finished just about now. So, so relieved.

We traveled to "keep an eye" on GS1 and take him at 8am to the kindergarten, while his parents and younger brother were already in the hospital for the 7am appointment.

After a few hours they came back home, and we've done our best to try to keep him from moving around constantly and "fighting" with his older brother, so full of energy both of them... He will spend another 2 days at home.

Dani, I’m glad everything worked out ok with your grandson.  Popsicles make everything better. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Three people today told me they think I crazy going on a cruise now. Just what I needed.😏

Tell them you have insider information on how safe and clean cruise ships and they shouldn't believe all the trash talk they hear on the news. 

Prior to our cruise we got to a point where we stopped telling people we were going on a cruise so we didn't have to hear the craziness.

Everyone has to do what they feel comfortable doing.😍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for asking.    We have surf and stream for 3 devices.     In fact the other day one of the IT guys onboard the ship signed us in as anthem employees and used his password as an officer as he thought that might help with any security issues but no luck with that either.   

I do know that Royal blocks some public VPNs, but you would be using your corporate so that should have not caused such an issue. It's a bummer they could not resolve this.

Have a safe rest of the cruise. Go bar hopping, have a Miami Vice and French Caribbean and an extra lobster for me! I am sure Eric will sleep better tonight and there is nothing worth more that peace of mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Foe anyone curious as to what racing a kart in winter is like here is some drone footage shot by a couple of guys who weren't even racing. They just showed up to film, they are putting together a portfolio to start a business and  are now out filming for free.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CY2xnhxFpE-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That's very cool to watch.  I didn't think about the amount of drifting involved by the racers.  The drone guys must have been using an FPV drone to stay that close to the karts.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's very cool to watch.  I didn't think about the amount of drifting involved by the racers.  The drone guys must have been using an FPV drone to stay that close to the karts.

Lots of wrecks as well as the drifting.  Vikki said they would sometimes bump the drivers. 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry that I'm late to the discussion but I was playing golf today.  38F when we were supposed to tee off at 8:10.  Frost delay kept us from actually teeing off until 9:00.  Layers, winter golf gloves, and a winter hat make all the difference.  These temps were NOT in the Florida brochure when we decided to move here. 😁

Salted caramel turtles for me.  Yum.

I’m placing my order now for warmer temperatures in 2 weeks. 

• Like 3