Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Next time we come to Orlando we will check them out.

👍

Cracker Barrel doesn’t have those fancy omelets so you might be disappointed. If you can find a Metro Diner, they have some really neat breakfast dishes. 

Cracker Barrel is not a place to eat if you’re on a restricted diet. 

M8

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Dennys is a step above Waffle House and a step below IHOP for breakfast. In my opinion. Denny’s was great for breakfast after late nights out and about. 😇

We usually end up at a Waffle House on the way down.  It’s become sort of a tradition that started probably about 15 years ago.  I needed coffee at 4 am so pulled in to a Waffle House as it was at least a step above the gas station coffee...and they sell slurped sized coffees.  The kids woke up and decided they were hungry so we stopped.  It was quick, hot and cheap and like McDonalds there’s one at pretty much every exit so no planning required.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mets07 said:

Just read Patterson's Deadly Cross. Great as usual. 

Awaiting Baldacci's Daylight from the library.  I started reading him more recently and this is the Atlee Pine series. 

Just ordered the 1st Atlee Pine "The Long Road to Mercy" 👍 Want to finish Will Robie first.

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I love Atlee Pine. She's a little rough around the edges and sometimes not very likeable but that makes her interesting.

Just ordered the 1st Atlee Pine "The Long Road to Mercy" 👍

7 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Lee Childs' Jack Reacher books -- especially the early ones.  If you've seen either of the movies with Tom Cruise, strive to read the books without his image in your mind.  He's about as far from Jack Reacher as you can get . . . I think his earlier books were better.  Now he's passed the reins to his son; I have yet to read any of the new ones.

Thanks, I've read ALL of them in order. Didn't even bother to see the movies, the moment I've heard who's going to be Jack Reacher .... common.... enough actors who are not "dwarfs" 😉...

Agree that the last ones lack a bit. Still - a mediocre Reacher is better than a good book by other authors.

Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch are all excellent.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks. Last times we were in the Orlando area, to celebrate the bar-mitzvas of our boys at Disney and the water parks instead of a big party, were 1994 & 1996.

All the family enjoyed Denny's for b'fast, and.... Burger King for lunch.... Other times, other diets...

I can only imagine that the quality of food [like the RCL food's quality 😉] has diminished since then.....

You know we have been moving the last couple weeks. Lots of trips back and forth. Temporary place is about 10 miles from our sold home. We pass a McDonalds. I must admit we grabbed a hamburger or two and a McRib for a quick bite. Not our favorite place to grab something but was very convenient when tired and hungry. 

M8

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Happens to us a lot. 

Exits off the Interstates are prime property and convenient to travelers. My comments were more directed to those staying in lodging. Sometimes, better choices are away from easy Interstate access. If I was traveling and hungry, any place is likely to be acceptable along my route. It wouldn’t be prudent to venture out while on a travel schedule. 

M8

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Cracker Barrel doesn’t have those fancy omelets so you might be disappointed. If you can find a Metro Diner, they have some really neat breakfast dishes. 

Cracker Barrel is not a place to eat if you’re on a restricted diet. 

M8

Thank you.

The Denny's in San Francisco was about one third more expensive than Orlando and they let the street sleepers in in the morning.

If that was our first visit to Denny's we would not go back.

Jancy our regular server in Denny's SR535 always recognises us a year later and always gave us excellent service

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Brilliant 👍

Wishing you and your dear wife a merry Christmas Rory.

Graham.

weather is going to be freaky for next 24-48 hours. High today in 80’s. Tomorrow, Christmas Day, the temperatures are forecast to drop into the 30’s overnight into Saturday. 

Today is shorts and T shirt weather. Saturday will be cold. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Does that mean my (NY/NJ/CT) numbers get to go down?? 😇

Probably.  Last one to leave the north lands...please turn off the lights.  😉 

Always funny how many diss Florida, but when the winter winds howl?......

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It is warm here 68 with rain.  More rain coming and then it will drop into the 20's tonight.  We will have to get out and protect the plants and pipes later.  I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and your family keksie

Graham.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Modern version of the old tea light bags. All LED

I'll control mine with Alexa😉

I could never figure out how those bags don't catch fire with the tea lights, when it gets windy.  😮   

We are lazy, and have several laser lights going.  Much less stress than stringing lights.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, yes those of you from non American shores, if you are at a freeway interchange and you are wanting breakfast, I can steadfastly recommend you stop at Cracker Barrel.  I would not recommend any other meal at Cracker Barrel, but breakfast, I can and will.  I took a customer, my salesman and his main guy to breakfast for about two years almost every week, and of all of the greasy breakfast places I had to go to, Cracker Barrel is the best.  We did IHOP.  We did Denny’s.  We did Village Inn.  We did several local joints.  We did the Waffle House.  We did the Belgium Waffle House.  Etc. etc. etc.  

The gift shop is for Baby Boomers and it is quite nice if you want some Route 66 Americana, excellent choice.

We have a Cracker Barrell within 2 miles of our house...still haven't gone there...even with the gift certificate my Aunt gave us. 😮  Really not into chain/franchise food anyway.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

weather is going to be freaky for next 24-48 hours. High today in 80’s. Tomorrow, Christmas Day, the temperatures are forecast to drop into the 30’s overnight into Saturday. 

Today is shorts and T shirt weather. Saturday will be cold. 

I saw your forecast, being shared by a Canadian weather group. Interesting take.😂

We just missed an iguana cold front a few years ago, but we brought warm weather down from the north. 😉

5321EF8D-D106-460F-A927-39BDC54D708C.thumb.jpeg.6d607832b1d22ca9fc321658bd50b6e2.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Just ordered the 1st Atlee Pine "The Long Road to Mercy" 👍 Want to finish Will Robie first.

Just ordered the 1st Atlee Pine "The Long Road to Mercy" 👍

Thanks, I've read ALL of them in order. Didn't even bother to see the movies, the moment I've heard who's going to be Jack Reacher .... common.... enough actors who are not "dwarfs" 😉...

Agree that the last ones lack a bit. Still - a mediocre Reacher is better than a good book by other authors.

Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch are all excellent.

Have you seen the Bosch series on Amazon?  The actor that plays Bosch, Titus Welliver, is exactly as I pictured the character in the books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vettprincess said:

HI: Thanks for all the book ideas. Here I am stranded at my daughter's house for days and did not bring one book from home. Never thought this storm would turn out so, so bad. I have taken notes on all the books everyone recommended and have read many of them.

So everyone have a Warm and Healthy and Merry Christmas.

And book cruises for the next year and year after and year after. Keeps us happy.

You need a Kindle. 

Just ask Alexa to hook you up😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree.  Having a big breakfast at Cracker Barrel would definitely require a power nap. Lol

First Restaurants/Stores open in TN 1969. We used to go North to KY for Christmas and summer vacations. Dad always made it a point to stop at Cracker Barrel on our trips. Good memories. Love their Country Ham. 

Dennys is a step above Waffle House and a step below IHOP for breakfast. In my opinion. Denny’s was great for breakfast after late nights out and about. 😇

Love crepes at IHOP, but WH smothered, covered, and everything else is travel bliss.

I try and get it at Johnny Rockets on Oasis Class. Takes them a day or two to get it close

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I saw your forecast, being shared by a Canadian weather group. Interesting take.😂

We just missed an iguana cold front a few years ago, but we brought warm weather down from the north. 😉

5321EF8D-D106-460F-A927-39BDC54D708C.thumb.jpeg.6d607832b1d22ca9fc321658bd50b6e2.jpeg

Yep happens. South Florida is getting overrun by the invasive Iguana. 

The State has set up a program to eradicate another invasive species, the Python. They pay trappers to kill and remove these once pets from the Everglades and South Florida.  A record was recently set for a very large one. 

The need to do the same for the Iguana. 

From the Python Cowboy. Enjoy

Some Iguana stuff 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We usually end up at a Waffle House on the way down.  It’s become sort of a tradition that started probably about 15 years ago.  I needed coffee at 4 am so pulled in to a Waffle House as it was at least a step above the gas station coffee...and they sell slurped sized coffees.  The kids woke up and decided they were hungry so we stopped.  It was quick, hot and cheap and like McDonalds there’s one at pretty much every exit so no planning required.

There are a few exits with multiple WH in Atlanta. 

SERIOUSLY

• Haha 2