Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Now THAT'S funny.

I remember reading a story about a Texas town that had grown and needed to build a second high school.  Rather than have 2 high schools that each have freshmen thru senior grades, they instead had one that was for freshman/sophomore year, and one that was for junior/senior year.  Their reason?  They didn't want to split into 2 high school football teams and "dilute" their talent.  Yup...football is a religion in Texas.

My daughter's Plano, TX Senior High School had only 11 and 12th grades. Her senior graduating class had 1,000 students.   Grades 9 and 10 were just called High School.

54 minutes ago, George C said:

We are getting the storm starting Wednesday night we are paranoid about ice storm after the one last February that caused many to lose power for several days.

I am NOT looking forward to Thursday's weather!!

Today will be 70 and Thursday dips to a high of 24.  Our crazy TX weather!

I just hope we don't have a repeat of last February's ice storm.

Hope we don't lose power!!

Stay safe.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter's Plano, TX Senior High School had only 11 and 12th grades. Her senior graduating class had 1,000 students.   Grades 9 and 10 were just called High School.

I am NOT looking forward to Thursday's weather!!

Today will be 70 and Thursday dips to a high of 24.  Our crazy TX weather!

I just hope we don't have a repeat of last February's ice storm.

Hope we don't lose power!!

Stay safe.

One of our best friends had to live in a hotel for four months while they repaired all  the damage to his house , him and his wife and a couple of dogs , he lives in Plano. Luckily we just had minor damage to a pipe for our pool.

• Like 3

So Brady officially packs it in. Very nice and well thought-out statement from him. Surely the best ever. That said, though, I've never been a fan of the guy. Nothing personal (well, other than the deflate-gate issue), but I just dislike dynasties in any sport. Prefer to see many different teams have their shot at the playoffs and super bowl, etc. But - have to acknowledge his accomplishments as very possibly being unsurpassable. I appreciate excellence in any walk of life. Too bad, though, that he had to end his career on a loss (even though I was hoping the Rams would win 😉). Have to wonder if he might look back and wish he'd ended his career as a current super bowl champ?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So Brady officially packs it in. Very nice and well thought-out statement from him. Surely the best ever. That said, though, I've never been a fan of the guy. Nothing personal (well, other than the deflate-gate issue), but I just dislike dynasties in any sport. Prefer to see many different teams have their shot at the playoffs and super bowl, etc. But - have to acknowledge his accomplishments as very possibly being unsurpassable. I appreciate excellence in any walk of life. Too bad, though, that he had to end his career on a loss (even though I was hoping the Rams would win 😉). Have to wonder if he might look back and wish he'd ended his career as a current super bowl champ?  

As a Bostonian who was very fortunate to have watched all those Super Bowl wins, and one in person in Atlanta, as well as the Super Bowl and World Series parades go right down the street in front of the building I work in, super respect his accomplishments, drive and determination.  I do also so get why folks not in New England got tired of all the winning, if your not a fan, it gets tiresome.  Anyway, will be a long long time, if ever, we see his football likes again.  He owed doing this to his wife and children.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I put two or three garments in each dry cleaning bag.   I lay them into the suitcase with the hangers on the floor of the suitcase and the rest hanging out. 
next group goes at right angles, next across from the first and next across from the third group. Then I fold in the excess one group at a time. 
I learned this method from  Delta thirty some odd years ago. 
Like yours, I pick them up by the hangers and they go into the closet and nary a wrinkle. 

I have heard Mimi that this is a very good way to pack using the "Folding Method." I have not tried it but thanks to your suggestion I will.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not a Rayna fan either.  Heather shouldn't have said what she did but she apologized repeatedly, Rayna just wouldn't let it go.  I don't have an issue with Captain Lee and think he will be back.  I just think he is still having a tough time with the death of his son.  I like Eddie but he likes to play to the camera too much and not just do the job.  Rachel made the right choice to give up alcohol this season and seems to be trying to get her act together.  She is an amazing chef and could go far if she wanted to.

The reunion could be interesting.  I am wondering if Heather will actually be there as she was supposedly fired for comments she made after the taping ended.  Andy Cohen kind of hinted on WWHL about the reunion being a little crazy.  Should be interesting.

Wow I wonder what happened. I will want to tune in for that. I was hoping Heather would return as Chief Stew. I don't have a problem with her.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I use ziplock bags for all the bathroom liquids.  

I would be afraid a wire hanger would accidentally snag something.

We do the same on any bathroom liquids.

Curious what kind of hangers do you use or recommend?

49 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog  My brother-in-law is going to have hip replacement surgery in St Paul as an outpatient.  That’s crazy.  Sister-in-law had knee replacement without the robot and it took longer to recover. However , she used the motorized exerciser which helped her.  

Yes it is amazing how they can do it as outpatient. I will spend one maybe two nights in their surgical hospital unit. They are going to use a motorized exerciser to move my leg a little bit. I'm also purchasing a cold therapy device that pumps cold air over the knee and leg and minimizes the use for ice packs.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

We all have our little annoying habits . It is best to move on . 

I’m not reporting on the weather in San Diego because our winters hover around 70° and on the bad days it is in the 60°s.   We get 10” of rain during our winters if we do get that.  It can get boring with the ever present blue skies and no humidity.

Then there’s the Pacific to the west , desert to the east , skiing in the mountains in the winter a couple of hours drive away and Los Angeles to the north . 

Enjoy your snow ! 

I'm not falling for this again!  Everyone says that San Diego has the best weather in the US.  I brought my family there on a business trip that we turned into a vacation.  Stayed at the Hotel del Coronado where my wife planned to take our daughters to the beach while I was working.  It was the first week in June and it was sorta miserable (compared to our expectations).  Low 60s, mostly overcast, and misty/rainy.  Not at all beach weather.  It's apparently an annual thing called June Gloom.  Nobody told us ahead of time but every time we told this story to someone from San Diego, they always said "Oh yeah, June Gloom".

35 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

As a Bostonian who was very fortunate to have watched all those Super Bowl wins, and one in person in Atlanta, as well as the Super Bowl and World Series parades go right down the street in front of the building I work in, super respect his accomplishments, drive and determination.  I do also so get why folks not in New England got tired of all the winning, if your not a fan, it gets tiresome.  Anyway, will be a long long time, if ever, we see his football likes again.  He owed doing this to his wife and children.

I definitely respect his commitment to his craft.  He definitely owes a lot to his wife, who probably had to sacrifice some of what was a hugely successful career for her.  But he also owes a lot to his insane eating and exercising routines.  I'm sure that allowed him to do things in his 40s that many couldn't do in their 30s.  I can't fathom doing what he did.

And for those who complained about NE winning all the time, I say this...get better and beat them.  The NFL is not like college football where Bama is almost guaranteed to have the best recruiting class every year (and I say that as a fan of Ohio State...one of only a handful of teams that can get similarly good recruits).  As a Bills fan, I know it's not easy, but there are a lot of NFL rules designed for parity.  And it's critical to have an elite QB.  I think the Patriots and Steelers are going to suffer for the next several/many years.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not falling for this again!  Everyone says that San Diego has the best weather in the US.  I brought my family there on a business trip that we turned into a vacation.  Stayed at the Hotel del Coronado where my wife planned to take our daughters to the beach while I was working.  It was the first week in June and it was sorta miserable (compared to our expectations).  Low 60s, mostly overcast, and misty/rainy.  Not at all beach weather.  It's apparently an annual thing called June Gloom.  Nobody told us ahead of time but every time we told this story to someone from San Diego, they always said "Oh yeah, June Gloom".

I definitely respect his commitment to his craft.  He definitely owes a lot to his wife, who probably had to sacrifice some of what was a hugely successful career for her.  But he also owes a lot to his insane eating and exercising routines.  I'm sure that allowed him to do things in his 40s that many couldn't do in their 30s.  I can't fathom doing what he did.

And for those who complained about NE winning all the time, I say this...get better and beat them.  The NFL is not like college football where Bama is almost guaranteed to have the best recruiting class every year (and I say that as a fan of Ohio State...one of only a handful of teams that can get similarly good recruits).  As a Bills fan, I know it's not easy, but there are a lot of NFL rules designed for parity.  And it's critical to have an elite QB.  I think the Patriots and Steelers are going to suffer for the next several/many years.

Totally agree! I don't get all the Brady haters. Yes he can be a arrogant a$$, but you cant argue what he has done. I'm sure all the haters would take him if available for their team.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have heard Mimi that this is a very good way to pack using the "Folding Method." I have not tried it but thanks to your suggestion I will.

Wow I wonder what happened. I will want to tune in for that. I was hoping Heather would return as Chief Stew. I don't have a problem with her.

We do the same on any bathroom liquids.

Curious what kind of hangers do you use or recommend?

Yes it is amazing how they can do it as outpatient. I will spend one maybe two nights in their surgical hospital unit. They are going to use a motorized exerciser to move my leg a little bit. I'm also purchasing a cold therapy device that pumps cold air over the knee and leg and minimizes the use for ice packs.

Good idea. Keeping inflammation down is key. Ice packs can be awkward. Your device sounds wonderful. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree! I don't get all the Brady haters. Yes he can be a arrogant a$$, but you cant argue what he has done. I'm sure all the haters would take him if available for their team.

My wife totally hates Brady being a life long Buffalo Bills fan , I have to admire his skill and his dedication to the game . 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Good idea. Keeping inflammation down is key. Ice packs can be awkward. Your device sounds wonderful. 

Insurance does not cover it so it will be a $200 cost but a cost that will be worth it. Here is the device but I am not sure what brand I will be getting.

https://www.polarproducts.com/polarshop/pc/Polar-Products-Active-Ice-3-0-Knee-Joint-Pad-Cold-Therapy-System-with-Programmable-Digital-Timer-9-Quart-Cooling-Reservoir-p455703.htm

• Like 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It seems our weather forecaster never wants to commit to a high temperature for the day, when it is obviously before their coffee. Today’s weather 

28482575-3B5B-4C63-AD6B-999C487444E9.thumb.jpeg.8ca180fbc300e2146e63f459719ae948.jpeg

It appears we have some more fun and games to look forward to starting tomorrow.  Could you keep this stuff inside PA?  I have a flight to make on Friday and the thought of a delay is giving me shivers. I would consider flying out earlier in the day but the antigen test is that morning and my binax tests that I wanted to take with me are hanging out somewhere in Newark, NJ.

71E3D7E4-931B-4F96-8A57-946528145E49.thumb.jpeg.d1df14a554dc0ad65b5d009172423947.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Insurance does not cover it so it will be a $200 cost but a cost that will be worth it. Here is the device but I am not sure what brand I will be getting.

https://www.polarproducts.com/polarshop/pc/Polar-Products-Active-Ice-3-0-Knee-Joint-Pad-Cold-Therapy-System-with-Programmable-Digital-Timer-9-Quart-Cooling-Reservoir-p455703.htm

Micheline had a system like this after either her shoulder or knee surgery (can't remember which) and it worked well for her.  I think insurance covered it at the time.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My wife had total knee replacement April 2019. We went on a July and September road trip and then a NE/Canada cruise in September the same year. She used crutches for awhile and then transitioned to a cane and by October didn't need the cane. She did exactly as the doctor told her to do. Do all her physical therapy sessions and the at home exercises and stay as active as she can, but using good judgment not to over extend, over due it. She also used the Polar Pac device you mentioned for at home and during PT. You are right, well worth it. For some reason our insurance allowed for two of those machines but only used the one that she was given after her surgery. She has had absolutely no pain or movement limitations since her knee replacement.  👍👍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

After reading the reviews, I can see why it’s a no brainer. And one person mentioned using it for shoulder and hip, too. I had no idea when I had my knee replaced that I would have my hip replaced just a few years later. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline had a system like this after either her shoulder or knee surgery (can't remember which) and it worked well for her.  I think insurance covered it at the time.

maybe my Medicare will cover it. I should at least try and see if insurance will pay for it.

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My wife had total knee replacement April 2019. We went on a July and September road trip and then a NE/Canada cruise in September the same year. She used crutches for awhile and then transitioned to a cane and by October didn't need the cane. She did exactly as the doctor told her to do. Do all her physical therapy sessions and the at home exercises and stay as active as she can, but using good judgment not to over extend, over due it. She also used the Polar Pac device you mentioned for at home and during PT. You are right, well worth it. For some reason our insurance allowed for two of those machines but only used the one that she was given after her surgery. She has had absolutely no pain or movement limitations since her knee replacement.  👍👍

Thanks hearing these kind of success stories really helps me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm delighted to hear how successful Kathy's knee operation has been Dave.

Both my knees and hips are a bit iffy with osteoarthritis.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Unfortunately, it's human nature to have haters who want to knock successful people down after they make it big.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm delighted to hear how successful Kathy's knee operation has been Dave.

Both my knees and hips are a bit iffy with osteoarthritis.

Graham.

Graham, sorry to hear that. Hopefully Kathy doesn't have issues in the future. So are far, so good. She does have a pain in the a$$ however. It's call me. 😁

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8