Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Me too Debbie. Packing is an art form for me.  Everything has to fit “just so”. No bumps or bulges.  Andy in the other hand thinks nothing of throwing an extra pair of shoes in the back of the car at the last minute and says he’ll “fit them somewhere”. 

Men..lol...Sorry Guys!

When packing for our last cruise I said to Eric why didnt you use your packing cubes?  His response, I dont know what you are suppose to do with them.  

Me being an organizer by nature I end up reorganizing his suitcase with the cubes.  Then he appreciates it🤩 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Me too Debbie. Packing is an art form for me.  Everything has to fit “just so”. No bumps or bulges.  Andy in the other hand thinks nothing of throwing an extra pair of shoes in the back of the car at the last minute and says he’ll “fit them somewhere”. 

I try and roll as many articles of clothing as I can and add plastic between other clothing.  AND I always have Wrinkle Guard

1 hour ago, George C said:

I understand I root for whoever plays against the Dallas Cowboys 

During a Cowboys home game, I could lie down on Preston Road and not get run over.    They hold pep rallies during High School, in the middle of the day.  Attendance is mandatory.  Football is a religion here.  George knows!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Haven’t you figured Lenny out yet? It’s his style to drag things out. 😏

I don’t know why I bother. Most of the time I don’t.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Glad you are feeling much better, Renee!  You must've gotten a little bug there for a few hours.  How are you doing with your leg?…

Thanks, it’s much better. I walked a mile on the track and it didn’t give me any issues. I didn’t want to push it.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nobody asked me .It was Hank Aaron .

You keep dropping hints. Why does someone have to ask you?

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Below Deck starting!  

That’s why we haven’t heard from OB yet. 😂

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, I am home and really happy to be here. I am very much looking forward to getting into my own bed. I got home almost to the minute at 2pm just as @bobmacliberty predicted. Everything went very smoothly with the Southwest flights. Of course I paid pretty dearly for those last minute bookings as JetBlue could not get me home until Wednesday.

The drive from Hartford was easy as the roads were in great shape. Arriving at my driveway was a whole different matter but it is now clear.

Though the flight cancellation was a PITA, now that I'm home it seems pretty insignificant and has not diminished the week I had on Allure at all. Funny thing, while I was at FLL trying to find a way home, I ran into a patient of mine who had his flight to Providence cancelled... also by JetBlue. It was nice being able to share our frustrations. It was a good bonding experience.

It was fun taking you all along on the cruise and really nice meeting @ReneeFLLand her husband Mike. Once I have my thoughts together on the cruise I'll write some more. I appreciate all of your concern with me getting home. The worst part of tonight is not having my bartenders, no Cosmos, and no Espresso martinis. So I had to settle for pouring my own wine and caught up on Below Deck. Now I'm heading for bed. G'night all.

• Like 30

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just got home from a crazy day.   Long story short small electrical fire at my MILs house.  All is fine but WOW she is a piece of work.  I explain tomorrow.  We are hungry, tired and need a cocktail.

Good that all is fine.  Time to relax.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I am home and really happy to be here. I am very much looking forward to getting into my own bed. I got home almost to the minute at 2pm just as @bobmacliberty predicted. Everything went very smoothly with the Southwest flights. Of course I paid pretty dearly for those last minute bookings as JetBlue could not get me home until Wednesday.

The drive from Hartford was easy as the roads were in great shape. Arriving at my driveway was a whole different matter but it is now clear.

Though the flight cancellation was a PITA, now that I'm home it seems pretty insignificant and has not diminished the week I had on Allure at all. Funny thing, while I was at FLL trying to find a way home, I ran into a patient of mine who had his flight to Providence cancelled... also by JetBlue. It was nice being able to share our frustrations. It was a good bonding experience.

It was fun taking you all along on the cruise and really nice meeting @ReneeFLLand her husband Mike. Once I have my thoughts together on the cruise I'll write some more. I appreciate all of your concern with me getting home. The worst part of tonight is not having my bartenders, no Cosmos, and no Espresso martinis. So I had to settle for pouring my own wine and caught up on Below Deck. Now I'm heading for bed. G'night all.

Good to see you ,Obi.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good Night OB, thankful you made it home safe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t know why I bother. Most of the time I don’t.

Thanks, it’s much better. I walked a mile on the track and it didn’t give me any issues. I didn’t want to push it.

You keep dropping hints. Why does someone have to ask you?

That’s why we haven’t heard from OB yet. 😂

How was I dropping hints ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I try and roll as many articles of clothing as I can and add plastic between other clothing.  AND I always have Wrinkle Guard

During a Cowboys home game, I could lie down on Preston Road and not get run over.    They hold pep rallies during High School, in the middle of the day.  Attendance is mandatory.  Football is a religion here.  George knows!

Texans are nuts about football, there are several high schools football stadiums that cost over 50 million in the Dallas area. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Below Deck starting!  

Rayna sure can carry a grudge. I hope she never gets another stew gig. In an on-line gossip site I read she said (allegedly) production wants Eddie to replace Cap Lee and she got a bad edit.

Was impressed with Rachel this time. She's still wacky but not quite as disgusting.

Next week is reunion. I think there's only 1. 

Is the next seasin on the week after that or will they stall until after the Olympics?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just googled, there is a reunion show next week.

Thanks looks like there will be a 2 week gap before season 3 Below Deck Sailing.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just got home from a crazy day.   Long story short small electrical fire at my MILs house.  All is fine but WOW she is a piece of work.  I explain tomorrow.  We are hungry, tired and need a cocktail.

I’ll say you need a cocktail. Glad everyone is ok. I’m interested in the story but time to relax now.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Welcome home. Glad you had a great cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Glad you made it home safely.  So many of us were concerned.    No cruise "painkillers" served tonight by your favorite bartenders but what's left is the memory of a wonderful cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Men..lol...Sorry Guys!

When packing for our last cruise I said to Eric why didnt you use your packing cubes?  

To be fair, Gary is the organised packer in our family 🙃

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can’t cruise but the beach house is not a bad substitute.  Filtered views from the front verandah.  Nice views from the bushy back garden.

9A695F7F-62A4-48B4-B4B6-7FB1BEFB8AC8.jpeg

2B460D1D-F153-4AA1-9C46-911C0683A1E4.jpeg

19138811-2BDF-40E6-9E81-35798603BC97.jpeg

34698BA8-4789-4918-9349-C6B4B7B61A39.jpeg

Lovely pics Aussielozzie, bringing sunshine into our winter 

What part of Australian are you in and is the beach house nearby?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This beach is Killcare on the Central Coast, north of Sydney.  We holiday here every year but in different holiday houses each time.

IMG_3920.MOV

Ah, you've said here, I should of read on before posting.  The problem with our summers is we can't guarantee hot weather, our last UK holiday in July was quite chilly 

So was our sailcation in August apart from one or two warmish days 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Men..lol...Sorry Guys!

When packing for our last cruise I said to Eric why didnt you use your packing cubes?  His response, I dont know what you are suppose to do with them.  

Me being an organizer by nature I end up reorganizing his suitcase with the cubes.  Then he appreciates it🤩 

Now, let’s not generalize!😁

I am the one in charge of organizing and packing for all of our trips.  I have packing checklists for our trips, depending on where we are going and how long we are going to be gone.  No packing cubes for us, and we are probably one of the rare ones that pack with all of the hanging clothes on their hangers.  It makes it so much easier and quicker to just pull things from the suitcase and hang it up.   Plus, there is never a wrinkle.  All this, and I can still keep the bags under the weight allowance for airlines when we fly.

• Like 7