Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Same here, Lenny. My fear of heights came on suddenly in my 40s. Prior to that  I did the Sydney Harbour Bridgeclimb with my brother and Dad for my Dad’s 60th.  My brother did not enjoy it all.  I thought it was a walk in the park and the height didn’t faze me at alI.  I couldn’t do it now.  It’s not so much the height of the bridge, it’s the open steel mesh walkway  that you walk across to access the ladder to climb the bridge that would do me in now. Hate looking down.

My fear of heights also began in my 40’s.

• Like 1

@grapau27

First of all thanks for sharing your daily adventures with us, and the meals!!!!!!  Oh those pictures make me so hungry.

Second a few pages back you were wearing what looks like a sash and/or uniform tribute top.

I do not know if I would get in trouble for asking, but what are there significance.

TY

And to our Australian friend 

@aussielozzie18

You definitely have a gift when taking pictures.

Thank you for the great views of your homeland.

Stay safe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished binge watching Inventing Anna starring the actress who plays Ruth on Ozark.

She should get an Emmy for Lead Actress for this series and an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress for Ozark.

The description looks good.  I’ll add it to my queue and watch when I’m finished “The Girl from Oslo”

Jack and I went out for breakfast this morning with 4 friends (2 couples).  The breakfast was awful.  Coffee was swill, eggs runny and barely warm, pecan waffle dry, potatoes way too spicy BUT we had a wonderful 2 hours catching up with our friends.  We waited so long for the food to arrive that I never complained or sent it back which I usually would.  So good to laugh and have fun no matter how lousy the food was!

@Sunshine3601Debbie, a funny can opener story:  Earlier, I looked all over the kitchen for my can opener, couldn't find it.  Not in the dishwasher, the sink, the cutlery drawer.  It was finally found in my utensil holder where I keep tall spatulas, stuff like that.  At first glance it couldn't be seen. I took everything out to check and there it was.  NOT where it belongs.  Guess who I thought of???

I won't tell you about our Dallas area weather because as usual, this time of year it can be 40 one day and 73 the next day.  Summer is hot and hotter.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had a Valentine's meal tonight.

It was so nice I forgot to photo every course.

Graham 

IMG_20220212_185716.jpg

IMG_20220212_185803.jpg

IMG_20220212_185932.jpg

IMG_20220212_185951.jpg

IMG_20220212_190449.jpg

IMG_20220212_190858.jpg

IMG_20220212_195729.jpg

IMG_20220212_201526.jpg

IMG_20220212_203502.jpg

Where is everyone else???  Reminds me when we went to cape de orso on the Amalfi coast 18 years ago at 8:15PM, and we were the only ones there.  10 courses later, and I realized the place was packed.  We were just dumb American’s eating early.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

There are some good bush walks but we had limited time so just did a nice stroll around, did the boardwalk and did a brief walk into the bush at the end of the boardwalk.

DA0054A6-E58B-4E40-A412-429DED52B1B9.jpeg

6365C31F-2B07-4401-A263-186ABF4FD9B6.jpeg

E49FC341-2020-48D5-9948-D2D5D9F69395.jpeg

2465C9B6-2519-41DA-AAB0-A09839517FAD.jpeg

58B43504-7C1B-4361-B4BF-392127209328.jpeg

43793D1B-DF36-4CF1-8D9E-F1448C518BF4.jpeg

The walkway reminds me of the ones at Iquassu Falls in Brazil/Argentina.  I remember us dumb Americans in 2005 walking them after we arrived at the Sheraton in Argentina, walking the pathways around 5pm and a ranger telling us the Jaguars would eat us if we didn’t return to the hotel before dark.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Saw this on a car at a boat marina today.  Equally applies to us cruise fans.

C9942A1B-AE4C-4608-92EE-F64BEAD135E5.jpeg

Just FYI, if your telemetry ever looks like that, you're gonna need your trip insurance!

I always cringe when I see people with an "EKG" tattoo or bumper sticker.  I have yet to see one that represents a viable rhythm!  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m glad the glass floor wasn’t there when I was. 
The last time I went to the top, it had just become the Willis Tower, and my paranoia kicked in. When we were ready to leave, I had the feeling that as soon as I committed to board the elevator, it would drop away from me. 
I told Dick I was going to walk down. 
A security guard heard me and came over and told me I couldn’t do the stairs. They were for emergency only, and he couldn’t allow me to do it. I argued to no avail. 
I didn’t notice the elevator door opening but Dick pulled and the guard pushed and, willy nilly, I was on the elevator. 
Luckily, I probably won’t have an opportunity to scare myself silly on the North Star. 

Completely understand. We stopped at a Navajo Reservation many years ago. We were able to join a hike to an Anasazzi ruins with one of the Park Guides.

We were able to climb the ladder and actually walk around and into the living areas.

There was a long line of people on the ladder going up (single file) so there was no turning back. Halfway up I realized I was going to have to get back on this ladder to go back down. I have never been able to figure out how to get back on. I had a lot of help.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@brilloheadWe enjoyed meeting you so much on the Navigator.  

Wish you were on Allure in December 2022 instead of January 2023.  Come with us.  12/11/22

That should be an easy one.  With Debbi its never an either or question its let's see what I can add on to what I already have booked. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another one here who hates some heights but not others.  The glass floors don't bother me but ladders certainly do.

One time I foolishly agreed to paint my electricians house while they were at a cottage for a week.  He had this two story circular staircase that took some creative work using multiple ladders and blocks on stairs to reach the top.  He happened to test me when I was perched atop the ladder and I reminded him of how much I hated heights.  Hus response was font look down.  I replied that j didn't have a fear if looking down but I dud have a fear of looking up and staring at a ceiling after I fell.

Another time back years ago when I was doing more contacting work we were outside and we needed to cut a hole in the side of a house on the second story for a vent.  It was spring and the ground was soft and we were working on a slope.  The guy I had working with me t the time probably outweighed me by a hundred pounds. He knew I hated heights and he volunteered to go up the ladder.  Knowing that there wasn't going to be a thing I could do if the ladder started to lean with him up on it I had no choice but to head on up.  That was my last time on a ladder, after that extra was built into the quotes to subcontract anything that needed to be done on a ladder to someone else.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished binge watching Inventing Anna starring the actress who plays Ruth on Ozark.

She should get an Emmy for Lead Actress for this series and an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress for Ozark.

Julia Garner was excellent in The Americans.  Must watch Ozark and want to watch inventing Anna.

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The walkway reminds me of the ones at Iquassu Falls in Brazil/Argentina.  I remember us dumb Americans in 2005 walking them after we arrived at the Sheraton in Argentina, walking the pathways around 5pm and a ranger telling us the Jaguars would eat us if we didn’t return to the hotel before dark.  

Whoa…

Paragliding is something I wish I had done when I was younger (I did parasailing which was amazing) This afternoon we took our dog to the off leash dog park at Long Reef and then walked up the headland and these two guys were paragliding.  They made it look so relaxing and peaceful.  I could have watched them for ages.  

94F43920-4E89-493E-A3D9-82F46A5F0796.png

171EA36D-60D9-45EE-870B-5EF5882B7F10.png

FF71E4F8-3979-432A-9DD6-F067E3C328E7.png

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Where is everyone else???  Reminds me when we went to cape de orso on the Amalfi coast 18 years ago at 8:15PM, and we were the only ones there.  10 courses later, and I realized the place was packed.  We were just dumb American’s eating early.

We were first in at 7pm.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@grapau27

First of all thanks for sharing your daily adventures with us, and the meals!!!!!!  Oh those pictures make me so hungry.

Second a few pages back you were wearing what looks like a sash and/or uniform tribute top.

I do not know if I would get in trouble for asking, but what are there significance.

TY

And to our Australian friend 

@aussielozzie18

You definitely have a gift when taking pictures.

Thank you for the great views of your homeland.

Stay safe.

It was a Polo Ralph Lauren top Sue.

No significance I just like their polo shirts.

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm the same.  Never had a fear of heights when I was younger.  About 15 years ago, I found myself a little woozie when trying to step onto the 1100+ foot (342 m) high glass floor of the CN Tower in Toronto.  The engineering half of my brain knew there was no concern...lots of safety built in.  The other half of my brain though took charge and said no way.  It bothered me just watching little kids jumping up and down on the glass panels.

The first time I realised I had developed a fear of heights was when we were in Auckland on the Voyager and went up the Auckland tower. As soon as I stepped out of the lift I felt woozy and I struggled to be close enough to the glass to take photos of the kids. Thank goodness I hadn’t booked the sky jump for us beforehand!

Then I forgot about it, until the following year and I booked sunset tickets for One World Observation deck in NYC.  I stepped out of the lift and went whoa.  Sat in the middle until the very end of the session much to the embarrassment of my daughter…

Returned a year later with my son and was fine.  Guess I knew what to expect so I was able to cope.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday Sue.

A5FEB39D-B307-49D7-9167-61AE2FDAF3D8.jpeg.fe2e7514989b3665e57279ac9664d3b8.jpeg

Thank you Graham 😊 

It's tomorrow and will probably be a walk and lunch along the coast.  The sea is my happy place.

In the evening my youngest son and DIL are coming over for a take away Indian so I won't need to cook . Looking forward to it 

Sue

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy cruising from me also, John!

Happy Birthday wishes to Lisa and Sue!!

Thank you Maryann,  I'm officially a senior citizen now 🤪 ( well I will be tomorrow)

There are good things though,  I get my first state old age pension this month and my hairdresser gave me 20% off my hair style on Friday 👍

• Like 8