Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I called C&A yesterday to help me. 
Told them the travel agency was closed. 
The woman I talked to got resolutions involved. The invoice for the March ‘21 cruise showed no balance due. The invoice for the one that was canceled showed $279.86 due. 
Resolutions found the error, reinstated us and. got our Jr Suite back. Our new invoice shows .70 due. I was told not to worry about the balance. Hah!

Back when I got that $279.86 balance due, I questioned it and was told it didn’t really exist, and not to worry about it. 
Evidently Royal sent a balance due email or letter to my TA, but I wasn’t notified. 

I will ask her to pay $1 to Royal and hope the .30 overpayment keeps them awake at night. 
The internet  is higher now, so I had to purchase it at the new price and take the difference in OBC.from C&A. 
I wonder if any balance is refundable to us. We already have more OBC than we’ll need. 
Our check in wasn’t canceled, but some info dropped off…I fixed that. 
Timing is everything. The email with the cancel notice was sent at 8:30pm from my TA, probably the last thing before she went home. I for once didn’t check ny emails Friday night. I don’t know if I could have stopped it, most likely I’d have spent a sleepless night worrying till I could call Royal and whether they would talk to me. 
Yesterday was horrible…waiting on hold forever while I read CC posts, explaining to more than 1 person, begging to get my handpicked Jr Suite back, hoping Dick wasn’t getting hit by a caber. 
I sent him to the Highland Games by himself because the temperature here was mid 80’s. I had ordered 3 Steak and Kidney pies for him to pick up. 
He came home with them, plus half a dozen scones…real ones. Luckily I had two jars of clotted cream in the fridge. 
That made me feel a little better, but my nerves were still frazzled. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Reading about all the great music talent on the Rock and Romance cruise that @George Cwas on, it brought back some memories of the old days of cruising.  (Old days for me anyhow)  When we first started cruising, "named" entertainment was booked for each sailing.  I recently came across this photo of our entertainer on our first cruise.  (I know, the stage was not fancy back then)

PICT5084.thumb.JPG.5478a1cb82a647068fa945144da7aa61.JPG

Lets see if anyone knows who he is.  Hint - he is now 81, and at one point had a tv show.

Anyone else remember when they did this?

On 2/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Sending prayers for all the people involved in the Ukraine conflict.  🙏

My thought are with them and hoping this will be over soon. How horrible.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, reallyitsmema said:

Just saw this on another site.  Nothing like taking chair hogging to the next level.  Someone put this bike lock on three lounge chairs on Allure this morning.

May be an image of body of water

Was that supposed to be a joke or does someone actually think that’s ok? Unbelievable. I hope security locked them in their cabin till the end of the cruise and cut their lock. Do you know if this was reported?

Ok, just saw your answer. Good for them.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:23 AM, brillohead said:

Those people should be thrown off the ship!  That's atrocious!

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

A few photos from the last few days. I had to used the blower around the bird feeders. The squirrel could almost step onto it. It’s been re-sprayed and is slippery again. 

4EA15579-1C8A-4D6F-911B-475F26BEF407.thumb.jpeg.3b1ebe2bfb6682101bed661db8d77bdc.jpeg

Someone is enjoy the sunny porch. 

56CBD8A9-04AE-4A89-9422-E2F8553FFAC2.thumb.jpeg.ee3dfc846ab883e92f6658dc03f5a093.jpeg

More of the same.  She isn’t that innocent, if you look in the background some bird of flight didn’t escape her grasp. 

8D22C4CC-1650-4F10-AA1B-3CC3834758E2.thumb.jpeg.8f71f14e0ea5752d9e398380689462f3.jpeg

• Like 15

A couple food photos. Grabbed this from the store… rather interesting if you blend a bowl with some plain chips. A bit too much if just on their own, if that makes sense. 

ECEF0C82-FB26-4CAC-8E25-6F4B19FD4D17.thumb.jpeg.a66f11b33a8e10db15a7714fe5465300.jpeg

Lisa made some cookies too. No oatmeal raisin in this house.😂

35466B26-1A70-4F42-A5C6-D06F55E71469.thumb.jpeg.766eaf39ac2c1ff956a434234d42870f.jpeg

We also BBQed some pork chops for dinner. 

53241F36-333D-411C-96ED-3D7646CF37A0.thumb.jpeg.ea0eda47ec6ce7d5f1c8d31c12e87d7d.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Reading about all the great music talent on the Rock and Romance cruise that @George Cwas on, it brought back some memories of the old days of cruising.  (Old days for me anyhow)  When we first started cruising, "named" entertainment was booked for each sailing.  I recently came across this photo of our entertainer on our first cruise.  (I know, the stage was not fancy back then)

Lets see if anyone knows who he is.  Hint - he is now 81, and at one point had a tv show.

Is that Tony Orlando?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A couple food photos. Grabbed this from the store… rather interesting if you blend a bowl with some plain chips. A bit too much if just on their own, if that makes sense. 

ECEF0C82-FB26-4CAC-8E25-6F4B19FD4D17.thumb.jpeg.a66f11b33a8e10db15a7714fe5465300.jpeg

Lisa made some cookies too. No oatmeal raisin in this house.😂

35466B26-1A70-4F42-A5C6-D06F55E71469.thumb.jpeg.766eaf39ac2c1ff956a434234d42870f.jpeg

Not so sure about cucumber flavored potato chips, but I will give a try if I see them.  I would definitely enjoy the cookies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Frankie Avalon?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I called C&A yesterday to help me. 
Told them the travel agency was closed. 
The woman I talked to got resolutions involved. The invoice for the March ‘21 cruise showed no balance due. The invoice for the one that was canceled showed $279.86 due. 
Resolutions found the error, reinstated us and. got our Jr Suite back. Our new invoice shows .70 due. I was told not to worry about the balance. Hah!

Back when I got that $279.86 balance due, I questioned it and was told it didn’t really exist, and not to worry about it. 
Evidently Royal sent a balance due email or letter to my TA, but I wasn’t notified. 

I will ask her to pay $1 to Royal and hope the .30 overpayment keeps them awake at night. 
The internet  is higher now, so I had to purchase it at the new price and take the difference in OBC.from C&A. 
I wonder if any balance is refundable to us. We already have more OBC than we’ll need. 
Our check in wasn’t canceled, but some info dropped off…I fixed that. 
Timing is everything. The email with the cancel notice was sent at 8:30pm from my TA, probably the last thing before she went home. I for once didn’t check ny emails Friday night. I don’t know if I could have stopped it, most likely I’d have spent a sleepless night worrying till I could call Royal and whether they would talk to me. 
Yesterday was horrible…waiting on hold forever while I read CC posts, explaining to more than 1 person, begging to get my handpicked Jr Suite back, hoping Dick wasn’t getting hit by a caber. 
I sent him to the Highland Games by himself because the temperature here was mid 80’s. I had ordered 3 Steak and Kidney pies for him to pick up. 
He came home with them, plus half a dozen scones…real ones. Luckily I had two jars of clotted cream in the fridge. 
That made me feel a little better, but my nerves were still frazzled. 

Thank goodness Mimi it all got worked out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Bobby Goldsboro?

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, George C said:

Our cat sitter texts us pictures of our cats daily during our vacation, she said she slipped on ice getting to our house but luckily said she was fine .

we were in St Thomas today

image.jpeg.1bf24701b7e7193cc7d7603d50df65ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.69d356019754842aa5ec02904f414429.jpeg

image.jpeg.932f3f1b2d9fc3312b8d3164de239367.jpegimage.jpeg.a99fc89e6d6872e69ec7cfbb33276d7b.jpeg

image.jpeg

We were in St Thomas with you, but we were on Symphony.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Tonight for our dinner I made oven baked egg rolls. I'm getting better at rolling them up-only broke through 1 wrapper tonight. 

20220227_185215.jpg

Those look great. I love egg rolls so much that I could eat those all day long.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Those look great. I love egg rolls so much that I could eat those all day long.

They are so easy to make.

I used a blend of recipes. I used the ingredients for baked pork spring rolls from allrecipes and the frying cooking method for shrimp egg rolls from skinny taste. Reason: The skinnytaste flavor blend was watery. (Plus her shrimp egg rolls were blah. I also tried the reuben egg rolls and they were not good either.)

I liked the spice flavor from allrecipes. I did fry down the cabbage mix like in skinnytaste  with green onions and fresh ginger. (I used a whole bag of Dole cabbage mix.) They suggested leave it fresh. Let it cool before assembling or you will burn your fingers. I used a generous 1/8 cup of filling in each. Made 15 rolls.

I didn't use the cornstarch to seal the egg roll. Water is enough. Bake as in allrecipes.

John likes straight up Chinese hot mustard. I like my mustard mixed with a bit of sweet egg roll bottled sauce.

There you have it. Go make some. You'll be happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1