Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I went to Gulmohar's Whisky Paradise in St. Maarten last week.  You've probably heard @Sea Dog talk about this place.  It usually has a wall full of bourbon, many of which are hard to get in the US.  This time though, they had many empty spots due to supply issues (damn Covid!!!).  I was talking with one of their employees who was very knowledgeable about bourbon.  He gave me his business card and said to feel free to contact him before my next trip there and he can let me know what they have and are expecting to get.  I asked if he could set anything aside for me ahead of time.  He said they don't do that, but I got the impression that he would if I was spending enough money.  Here's his contact info for anyone who wants to reach out to Gulmohar's before their next St. Maarten visit:

Chats Mahtani

Tel. 1(721) 542-2956

US Tel. (305) 433-5835

email: gulmoharsxm@gmail.com

www.gulmoharsxm.com

Thanks for getting this. I have put his info into my contacts. My next 3 cruises are all western Caribbean so by the time I get back to St. Maarten hopefully he will have a good stock.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Been an anxious wait for me over Easter as I had a skin cancer removed last week .  I have been having them regularly removed since I was 23 but this is the first time I have heard the M word as a possibility.  I had a biopsy done that was for a likely BCC.  The BCC was on the edge of some suspicious pigment.  When BCC confirmed, GP sent me to surgeon.  Surgeon said that pigment looks like a melanoma to me.  We’ll take it all out. Which was done last week. Melanoma confirmed this morning but very early stage.  No depth or tentacles.  Going back for more surgery to widen the margins.  Feeling thankful that it was found early. 

I am very sorry to hear that. I do hope it was caught very early, and you will have no further issues with it, other than clothing, hats and sunscreen.  :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for doing this. I have put this in my contacts.

Welcome to my town. Don’t know how long you will be here. If you have time I’d meet you for a drink. 
gpsteele7  at g mail dot com

Probably not.  Only hit about 180 full swing golf balls, tonight.  I was hitting it fairly good for how little I have played this year.  The temp was perfect for a maniac hitting golf balls.  They had Gran Marnier… I have never hit golf balls under that influence before….  

Will be up in the morning for the meeting, and will be heading south as soon as it ends around 2.  I have a couple of Trader Joe’s things to pick up, and I am debating Lukas Liquors, but I am probably good on that account. 

I am assuming the TJs near the Crate and Barrel as I head south on Nall( just off) is still open.  I am not heading north for any reason tomorrow.  

• Like 1

I won't even go to our local Trader Joe's because I hate the parking lot. :classic_biggrin: They even opened up the church parking lot next door, and I still won't go. TJ's is like a cult here. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I won't even go to our local Trader Joe's because I hate the parking lot. :classic_biggrin: They even opened up the church parking lot next door, and I still won't go. TJ's is like a cult here. :classic_biggrin:

It's like a cult here on this side of the country as well. 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Talk about a mess of parking...

Our closest Trader Joe's shares a parking lot with Total Wine.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric lost 2 pounds on our recent sailing.   I have no idea how as we all ate and drank too much!   I had my quickie diet with prep for colonscopy.

Eric is so lucky, I've just got to look at a big dinner and a glass of wine to put on a kilo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Stephanie Plum books make me laugh out loud!  Lula is the best😁

I love them too, especially the earlier books in the series. I've started downloading them to audio to listen to whilst I'm out walking our dog 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home after a 7 hour drive from Southampton.

We had been on a short cruise to celebrate Pauline's late mam's 100th birthday.

IMG_20220415_140937.jpg

IMG_20220417_190317.jpg

IMG_20220416_115000.jpg

IMG_20220416_143921.jpg

IMG-20220415-WA0009.jpg

Lovely pics and video Graham, I almost wish I had stuck to Southampton cruises this year.

For Italy in June we have to test no more than one day before departure. Debating whether to delay our flight to late afternoon to take the test in the UK or do it at Rome Airport on arrival 🤔 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

While we were away Owen had tryouts for the high school soccer team. There is only one team for the high school, that means he made the varsity team in grade 9. Only two others in grade 9 made it out of 18 boys. 

First game is tomorrow morning at 9am and look what the weather is doing with more tonight to come. 

DC751E1E-99F8-4D9D-B093-8DB92D575C91.thumb.jpeg.8b24bb8fd4e2214a71e4aa211b141352.jpeg

Congratulations to Owen. 

We spent more than 10 years shivering on the sidelines watching our kids play football. My youngest was still playing till his late 20s until a injury stopped him.  He loves being part of a team and use to come home every weekend from uni to play with his old school mates .

My eldest trained as a ref at age 15 and use to ref until he went to university.  Luckily he was always tall for his age as he had to use his authority on the pitch with some of the parents of the kids playing. They got quite aggressive sometimes.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Graham,    As Marietta said you both certainly are living the life!    That's GREAT!

How come I didn't hear you singing in the video?   Bashful😉

Thank you.

My singing voice is terrible.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Been an anxious wait for me over Easter as I had a skin cancer removed last week .  I have been having them regularly removed since I was 23 but this is the first time I have heard the M word as a possibility.  I had a biopsy done that was for a likely BCC.  The BCC was on the edge of some suspicious pigment.  When BCC confirmed, GP sent me to surgeon.  Surgeon said that pigment looks like a melanoma to me.  We’ll take it all out. Which was done last week. Melanoma confirmed this morning but very early stage.  No depth or tentacles.  Going back for more surgery to widen the margins.  Feeling thankful that it was found early. 

Glad you caught it so early. I've heard that Australians take sun care very seriously 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

I'm pleased it was caught very early for you.

Sending you our very best wishes.

Graham 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The weather is expected to turn tomorrow.  Rain and potentially cooler temps but it was a glorious day today which I spent in the garden after my appointment.  Had a flock of cockatoos keep me company and the lorikeets have moved from the camellias to our bottle brushes which are starting to flower again now.874D2143-2177-409D-BFBB-C38FB40C1E3E.thumb.jpeg.80abdee0b149fddd786fab3c4f45c83b.jpeg

962EA946-1015-41F3-A8DF-F555B2167AE2.thumb.jpeg.f59a7d4c9ba419f67c5429b2c1ad2aae.jpeg

258E11B8-99DD-48BB-A21E-1B74842A27FB.thumb.jpeg.8751c38f106a79fb86405f2cf456e990.jpeg

7362BD6C-8FED-45D4-B626-C94F00636B1E.thumb.jpeg.52714e02a9941bd1876767f86b2a30d1.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I love them too, especially the earlier books in the series. I've started downloading them to audio to listen to whilst I'm out walking our dog 

The early books in the series were great.  I used to embarrass myself by repeatedly laughing out loud on the bus to work.  Ive read them all.  I read book 28 (Game On) the weekend.  Sadly, I think this series has reached it’s used by date.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Congratulations to Owen. 

We spent more than 10 years shivering on the sidelines watching our kids play football. My youngest was still playing till his late 20s until a injury stopped him.  He loves being part of a team and use to come home every weekend from uni to play with his old school mates .

My eldest trained as a ref at age 15 and use to ref until he went to university.  Luckily he was always tall for his age as he had to use his authority on the pitch with some of the parents of the kids playing. They got quite aggressive sometimes.

My son’s best friend is a Ref.  He is also studying to be a school teacher.  I think his experiences dealing with the parents on the sidelines during the soccer season, will help him dealing with parents in the school environment.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The early books in the series were great.  I used to embarrass myself by repeatedly laughing out loud on the bus to work.  Ive read them all.  I read book 28 (Game On) the weekend.  Sadly, I think this series has reached it’s used by date.

Sadly, I have to agree 😢

Glad you've got the nasty "M" on time 👍

• Thanks 1

DH has just informed me that he is off to obedience training with Max, our rescue this weekend.  Last year, he had private lessons with a lady who did amazing things with Max but DH could not reciprocate what she did at home.  Be interesting to see what the outcome of this weekend will be.  Max is a 4 year old border collie/German shepherd mix and very strong on the lead.  DH just wants Max to walk calmly on the lead from the outset.

6402FC90-90DB-444F-9369-C5E9732358FF.png

• Like 12

On 4/17/2022 at 8:19 PM, ReneeFLL said:

So I'm so far behind so I don't know if this was posted. Mike saw it and sent me the link and he saw OB in the article.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6573

I never would have known about this if you didn't mention it. Apparently CC lifts posts from various threads for their articles. They didn't ask me for an opinion on the topic.

• Like 4

My daughter messaged me on Sat night.  “Mum, can we have a kitten”? Her close friend was parked outside her boyfriend’s house in the inner city.  When she returned to her car, she heard meowing.  Searched her car and found a kitten under the bonnet,  on top on the car engine.  It didn’t belong to any of the neighbours.  So she took it home but one of her family is allergic. Thankfully, one of their other friends is able to take care of it.  I don’t think Max and a kitten would be a good combo.

• Like 2