Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So you met Pauline when she was sweet 16.   That is great.

Me, I met Susan 42 years ago, and married her 42 years ago.  No long courtships for us. 

My oldest daughter will be married 25 years in June.She began dating her future husband when she was 15.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks so much Dani.  The aunt still needs are prayers on her road to recovery.  Her lungs still needs much improvement.

Kenzie is so fun.  Her DD took the week off so her parents could go turkey hunting.  The kids may spend a 3rd night.  So fun.  Earlier Kenzie would walk up and shout Boo and start laughing.  She loves to interact and try to get you smiling.  Such a blessing.

She looks like she’s a joy to be with!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It was just before Sarasota.we then came to a stop well before I-4.  An 8 Mile road construction made us decide to take I-4 since it would've been insane to stay on I-75.    Everything went well on there, until it didn't 🤷 it's taken us almost 6 hours to get on I-95

I hope the new express lanes helped. 

• Like 1

If any of you are looking for something to do April 30 and May 1, this is the annual weekend everyone in North Florida looks forward to. Food and professional artists and craftsmen. (And women). 
You might even run into @bobmaclibertysince it’s practically in his back yard!

9836AF2A-F6E5-481C-8006-EDEC7C04072C.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am pretty sure that no being other than a human considers us to be the apex of creation.

True that! I've always had a dream that one day aliens would come down to our planet and take one look around and leave. Once they left they looked at each other and in their own language said something to the effect, "Those people are %#$@&@&%@(!@*#^#@^@#(*@#^

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When you went under the overpass that says Jacksonville, you were about a 1 1/2 miles from me!

Did you see me wave, Mimi?❤️

My daughter Melanie lived in Jacksonville when she worked for ABC news,  years before she moved to Melbourne.

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My daughter Melanie lived in Jacksonville when she worked for ABC news,  years before she moved to Melbourne.

What did she do for ABC News? I'm good friends with several of their reporters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The early books in the series were great.  I used to embarrass myself by repeatedly laughing out loud on the bus to work.  Ive read them all.  I read book 28 (Game On) the weekend.  Sadly, I think this series has reached it’s used by date.

I agree. How many cars can she crash? Grandma will always want an open casket at a viewing. Is it Ranger? Is it Joe? How many donuts can 2 people eat?

Same stuff every book. I'll still read them tho. They're good for a rainy afternoon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

So you met Pauline when she was sweet 16.   That is great.

Me, I met Susan 42 years ago, and married her 42 years ago.  No long courtships for us. 

I meet my wife in 1987 and we married in 1991.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I was a little further north at the Butler Blvd exit getting a CT scan of my abdomen. 
Yesterday was an echocardiogram, last week was a chest X-ray and a breathing test. 
All ordered by different doctors. 
I remember when I had social events on my calendar instead of medical!

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

OK, let's see if I understood your plan - [Sunday] test before leaving UK, boarding a later flight, staying at FCO airport for the night, traveling to port Monday morning?

And on to another conundrum - do we have to test before disembarking in BCN? The "day before" is a sea day...

Yeap, that's the front runner at mo. We'll see how those first few cruises go and make a decision in a few weeks. With Easter and all I haven't really had time to check out the rules, haven't had anything from Celebrity yet,  just what I've read from CC pages.

I don't think we have to test for disembarking in BCN as we are 'up to date' but need to read up on it. Luckily no test needed to get back to UK 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our border collie who is very good at obeying orders and absolutely understands everything still pulls on a lead. Probably 80% of our walks are off lead in woods but she wants to be out in front if on a lead 

You and Molly are so lucky to have the lovely woods close by. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You and Molly are so lucky to have the lovely woods close by. 

It was a godsend in that first lockdown when we weren't meant to leave the house apart from exercise and food shopping. We were told not to drive unless necessary so it was great it's only about 10 min walk to get to the woods

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The M word is very scary to people including me. However, there is far more awareness of it now than there was years ago. It tends to be found earlier and at much more treatable, and curable, stages than it was when I first started practicing medicine. So, though it is right to be concerned and take care of it, you don't need to be scared of it. Your doctors will get you through the process.

Thank you.  Appreciate this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I don't think we have to test for disembarking in BCN as we are 'up to date' but need to read up on it.

Barcelona -- Updated yesterday [one less worry] --

Debark Testing

• Up-to-Date* Guests: No test required. 

Still, we have to fill the PLF for Italy and Malta.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

You could not imagine how much I enjoy your photos. I loved my week in Australia and wish I could have stayed longer and had seen more. 

So pleased you had a wonderful time here and are enjoying the photos.  Hope all your medical tests come  back clear.

• Like 3

It was one more cold day filled with a rain/snow mix, so some work, I had hoped to get done outside, has been postponed.

So my day was filled with ordering eMed tests, gathering things for the next cruise, and some reading.  It was also time to research electric providers, since our contract expires next month.

I have had the same provider for the last three years, and no suppliers have current rates that low.  It looks like our rates will be up 32%.  I guess like everything else, prices are up.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It was one more cold day filled with a rain/snow mix, so some work, I had hoped to get done outside, has been postponed.

So my day was filled with ordering eMed tests, gathering things for the next cruise, and some reading.  It was also time to research electric providers, since our contract expires next month.

I have had the same provider for the last three years, and no suppliers have current rates that low.  It looks like our rates will be up 32%.  I guess like everything else, prices are up.

It was cold here today also. I am really looking forward to going down to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday and feeling some real warmth.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What did she do for ABC News? I'm good friends with several of their reporters.

When Melanie worked at ABC, she ran audio and rolled tapes.

She also worked at CBS at Master Control, audio and tapes.

When she moved to Melbourne, she was the "Morning Girl" at a radio station, and when she moved back to NYC,  she was an Anchor/Producer for Fox News Radio.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was a little further north at the Butler Blvd exit getting a CT scan of my abdomen. 
Yesterday was an echocardiogram, last week was a chest X-ray and a breathing test. 
All ordered by different doctors. 
I remember when I had social events on my calendar instead of medical!

Oh gee, Mimi, I hope that you are okay and that all of your tests come back all good.

I remember years ago when our Deacon at Church said that he now has more doctors than friends these days 😳

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was cold here today also. I am really looking forward to going down to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday and feeling some real warmth.

I must really be out of the loop..I thought you had left last Friday for your cruise on the Allure!  You should definitely feel the warmth..it's been so hot in Naples!

Boy, was I shocked when I got out of the car here in SC.  It's chilly here!!

Have a great time on your cruise, OB!🛳️🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1