Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's crunch time as we get ready to leave for our cruise on Symphony this week. We will fly out on Friday. Got most of the clothes organized. We've been cleaning the house for the dog sitter. I am a little worried in that she has never house sit for Lizzy and Charlie just Maggie and Penny. She may have her hands full. I hope they behave and don't freak out because we are not there.

Confirmed hotel reservation at Hilton Downtown Miami, Wish I could get our boarding passes but can't do that till 36 hours before the flight. We've got the TSA Precheck so I will be interested in how smoothly that goes.

The main thing I'm stressing out about is getting my reservations for the UDP> I have this nightmare at night that I'm not going to be able to get all the restaurants I want. Which would kind of ruin my review. Since I'm doing a "as if live" I'll start it when I get back on the 24th. I will try and pop in here from time to time and post something. 

So it will be a busy week with a very early wakeup on Friday to get to a 6:00am flight. I plan on leaving the house at 3:15am. It's going to be brutal but I'll try napping on the plane to Atlanta.

Really excited for this one.hard to believe once we get back we will turn around and drive to Galveston to board Liberty two and half weeks later. With double points afterwards, can you say "Diamond?"

Don't stress about UDP reservations, positive thinking/vibes and you will get the times you want.   Do you know which restaurant you will go to as soon as you board to book your reservations?

I personally would be more stressed about getting up at 2 am to leave for airport by 315 am.   I probably wouldn't be able to sleep in fear of over sleeping.

Wouldn't it be great to hear that Charlie and Lizzy were perfect angels for the house sitter😇

• Like 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

If you booked suites you would be diamond plus 😁

I should have thought about that. We did book a suite last November for my retirement cruise. This will be a regular balcony but for our Liberty sailing in October Linda will be in a Balcony as a solo and me across the hall in an inside as a solo. That will give us enough points to be Diamond.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't stress about UDP reservations, positive thinking/vibes and you will get the times you want.   Do you know which restaurant you will go to as soon as you board to book your reservations?

I personally would be more stressed about getting up at 2 am to leave for airport by 315 am.   I probably wouldn't be able to sleep in fear of over sleeping.

Wouldn't it be great to hear that Charlie and Lizzy were perfect angels for the house sitter😇

Thanks for the encouragement. I am leaning to run to Central Park where Jamie’s, CP150 and Chops are. Whoever doesn’t have people standing in line for reservations is where I’ll go. Hoping they can book Hibachi without going there. I want to book it first as it fills up fast. Also going to CP150 twice so I hope to get those reserved. 

Yes I’m am not looking forward to getting up that early but Linda and I will have suitcases packed in the car and take our showers before bedtime so we will get up get dressed and go.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I should have thought about that. We did book a suite last November for my retirement cruise. This will be a regular balcony but for our Liberty sailing in October Linda will be in a Balcony as a solo and me across the hall in an inside as a solo. That will give us enough points to be Diamond.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am leaning to run to Central Park where Jamie’s, CP150 and Chops are. Whoever doesn’t have people standing in line for reservations is where I’ll go. Hoping they can book Hibachi without going there. I want to book it first as it fills up fast. Also going to CP150 twice so I hope to get those reserved. 

Yes I’m am not looking forward to getting up that early but Linda and I will have suitcases packed in the car and take our showers before bedtime so we will get up get dressed and go.

I don't recall if you can book restaurants online like you can shows.  If so, see if you can get on the ship's Wi-Fi while waiting to board and make your bookings before you board.  I've heard this trick used with shows.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I have a pretty good memory for license plates and birthdays.  

For me, it's locations and sense of direction.  I can see maps clearly in my head.  If I've driven somewhere once, I can remember how to get there years later. 

Names though, I'm terrible.  Micheline and I also use the system where she will introduce herself to someone when she realizes that I can't remember the person's name.  I'll then say, "I'm sorry, I thought you already knew each other".  I'm probably not fooling anyone with that...especially the guys that she introduces herself to who use the same system with their own wives.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't recall if you can book restaurants online like you can shows.  If so, see if you can get on the ship's Wi-Fi while waiting to board and make your bookings before you board.  I've heard this trick used with shows.

I will try that if we have to wait to board. I’m hoping with our 10:30am arrival time slot we will pretty much walk in and board quickly. If we have to wait I’ll try the app or they may have a table set up for reservations too that I can visit.

• Like 3

Very interesting weekend for football (American style 😉), both college and pro (with one game still left to go tonight).  Some incredible upsets in college.  A&M losing to App State, Washington State beating Wisconsin, and Marshall upsetting ND at home.  Did you know that it's traditional that the person who plays Notre Dame's leprechaun mascot is named Owen?  Owen Two  🤣

It was so relaxing watching the pro games yesterday with the Bills already having won last Thursday.  My local team, the Jaguars, of course lost.  They came close to winning, which seems to be their story.  I'll root for them just because they are local, but it's mostly a pity rooting.  I still follow the Bengals, having lived in Cincinnati for so long.  What a crazy game they had with the Steelers.  Three missed kicks that could have ended it.  Bengals-Steelers games always seem to be like that.  I'm just glad that I've got Josh Allen.  Football is back baby!

The important question for me will be whether or not I'll be able to watch games while on my upcoming cruises.  Anyone know if ships in Alaska can see the TV satellites better than the Internet satellites?  Or when they show something live, is it streamed via the Internet?  Another big game for the Bills next Monday night when we depart from Seattle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very interesting weekend for football (American style 😉), both college and pro (with one game still left to go tonight).  Some incredible upsets in college.  A&M losing to App State, Washington State beating Wisconsin, and Marshall upsetting ND at home.  Did you know that it's traditional that the person who plays Notre Dame's leprechaun mascot is named Owen?  Owen Two  🤣

It was so relaxing watching the pro games yesterday with the Bills already having won last Thursday.  My local team, the Jaguars, of course lost.  They came close to winning, which seems to be their story.  I'll root for them just because they are local, but it's mostly a pity rooting.  I still follow the Bengals, having lived in Cincinnati for so long.  What a crazy game they had with the Steelers.  Three missed kicks that could have ended it.  Bengals-Steelers games always seem to be like that.  I'm just glad that I've got Josh Allen.  Football is back baby!

The important question for me will be whether or not I'll be able to watch games while on my upcoming cruises.  Anyone know if ships in Alaska can see the TV satellites better than the Internet satellites?  Or when they show something live, is it streamed via the Internet?  Another big game for the Bills next Monday night when we depart from Seattle. 

That's a good question.   While on Ovation in May I don't remember turning on the TV in the room and I don't remember seeing then on around the ship like you see them on Oasis class ships.   I am not saying you are not going to be able to see football.  In May there is not a sport that I have to see.

ND losing their 1st 2 games.  If they lose 2 more they may not be considered for the playoffs.   😳

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will try that if we have to wait to board. I’m hoping with our 10:30am arrival time slot we will pretty much walk in and board quickly. If we have to wait I’ll try the app or they may have a table set up for reservations too that I can visit.

I will be extremely surprised to find out that you don't get what you want boarding that early.   Not even half the people cruising should be on by then and half of them will not be booking restaurants.  When booking, please ask how full booking is at that time and then report it in the review.  It will give us following an idea.  We board at 11am.  We plan to eat and book at Chops after boarding.   Do you have a lunch picked yet for boarding day?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You should be able to book all from any of the dining restaurants including the main dining room.  When we booked UDP, I found a person at Chops on Allure, and did the entire week including the Hibachi.  I would start with that one first as it is the smallest venue.  The others are easy.  I do this as one of the first things when we get onboard.

jc

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do sometimes forget or mess up spouses names on this thread so sometimes I am hesitant about typing what I think their name is.   Like @Arzeenahas a hubby Jim or a boyfriend😁

Ohhhh no! You are spilling beans about the BF 😁

LOL! I don't have a Jim in my life.

But all Jims' wives on this board are now going to give their Jims a hard time 🤣

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's crunch time as we get ready to leave for our cruise on Symphony this week. We will fly out on Friday. Got most of the clothes organized. We've been cleaning the house for the dog sitter. I am a little worried in that she has never house sit for Lizzy and Charlie just Maggie and Penny. She may have her hands full. I hope they behave and don't freak out because we are not there.

Confirmed hotel reservation at Hilton Downtown Miami, Wish I could get our boarding passes but can't do that till 36 hours before the flight. We've got the TSA Precheck so I will be interested in how smoothly that goes.

The main thing I'm stressing out about is getting my reservations for the UDP> I have this nightmare at night that I'm not going to be able to get all the restaurants I want. Which would kind of ruin my review. Since I'm doing a "as if live" I'll start it when I get back on the 24th. I will try and pop in here from time to time and post something. 

So it will be a busy week with a very early wakeup on Friday to get to a 6:00am flight. I plan on leaving the house at 3:15am. It's going to be brutal but I'll try napping on the plane to Atlanta.

Really excited for this one.hard to believe once we get back we will turn around and drive to Galveston to board Liberty two and half weeks later. With double points afterwards, can you say "Diamond?"

Have a wonderful cruise Greg and Linda!
I am looking forward to your UDP review and pictures.

If you have an early checkin time, you could head straight to dining reservations as soon as you board, even before muster station checkin. Have your dining spreadsheet ready with dates andn times and space to make changes. Check out where the dining reservations stations are located by asking on a previous roll call or or on the general board.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will be extremely surprised to find out that you don't get what you want boarding that early.   Not even half the people cruising should be on by then and half of them will not be booking restaurants.  When booking, please ask how full booking is at that time and then report it in the review.  It will give us following an idea.  We board at 11am.  We plan to eat and book at Chops after boarding.   Do you have a lunch picked yet for boarding day?

Thanks I will ask that when I make the reservations. I get nervous because with over 5,000 passengers on board you have to wonder how many have the UDP and even though there are a lot of restaurants on board it's not like they are that big and can seat a lot of people.

We ended up getting "The Key" so we will have a Chops lunch in the MDR on level 4.

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

You should be able to book all from any of the dining restaurants including the main dining room.  When we booked UDP, I found a person at Chops on Allure, and did the entire week including the Hibachi.  I would start with that one first as it is the smallest venue.  The others are easy.  I do this as one of the first things when we get onboard.

jc

Great advice and exactly what I was thinking. I hear that Hibachi goes really quick so even though I want to book it for Day 5 I think I'll book it first. Followed by CP150, Hooked, Chops and Jamie's. I am going to do Izzumi for lunch on a sea day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Have a wonderful cruise Greg and Linda!
I am looking forward to your UDP review and pictures.

If you have an early checkin time, you could head straight to dining reservations as soon as you board, even before muster station checkin. Have your dining spreadsheet ready with dates andn times and space to make changes. Check out where the dining reservations stations are located by asking on a previous roll call or or on the general board.

Good idea. I am going to make a beeline straight to central park where most of the restaurants are and pick one that has no people in line waiting to make reservations. I am assuming that there should be a restaurant manager at each restaurant even though they are not open for lunch. at least that was the way it's been on past sailings for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Enjoy your cruise,Greg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

We had a wonderful cruise.

Sorry I missed you at York Designer outlet.

I hope you enjoyed all the shops.

Graham.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

We had a wonderful cruise.

Sorry I missed you at York Designer outlet.

I hope you enjoyed all the shops.

Graham.

We did thank you.

Amazingly the credit card didn’t get to much use for once.

Pleased you had a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1