Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham...and you as well.  🙂  

Off to the dentist in a couple of hours.  And right now my house is also upended with the tear out of the tile in our bathroom going on.   What a mess, lots of noise...but will be worth it.  🤗

Good luck at the dentist's.

Sending you our best wishes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree with you Pat.

These people are idiots but will be the first ones to cry and expect instant treatment if they catch covid19.

Best wishes to you,Bucky and your sister.

Take care and stay safe away from those selfish nay Sayers.

Graham.

Look at all the maskless idiots celebrating super bowl win in tampa.  And off they go to spread to their families and other travelers.  Just plain stupid!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Look at all the maskless idiots celebrating super bowl win in tampa.  And off they go to spread to their families and other travelers.  Just plain stupid!!!

Sadly their celebrations now will result in many positive tests in 5-10 days time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

So sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good luck.

Thanks...having some of my homemade left over for pizza for early lunch.  Figured I would carb up now, since probably on liquid (or no) diet when I get back.  

Mmmm...wine will be on that diet!  😉 🍷

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to read this. My condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry to hear this. It's comforting to know he wasn't alone.

My brother died at 40 years old and was a donor. He helped over 40 people donating bone and bone marrow in addition to organs. It's amazing what can be done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My brother died at 40 years old and was a donor. He helped over 40 people donating bone and bone marrow in addition to organs. It's amazing what can be done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So good to hear that your brother could also help others in need.  Everyone is probably aware of organ donation, but not the extent that it can be done.  My wife's niece was stunned at how many parts of the body can be used to help someone...often saving their life.  I hadn't given it much thought beyond eyes, heart, kidneys, lungs, liver.  I agree that it's amazing.  The people who do that work need to walk a fine line, harvesting organs quickly without appearing to be vultures over the body.  According to my wife's niece, they were very respectful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK...call me big chicken.  😮 🐓  But did not have the tooth pulled.  After heart to heart nice conversation with the dentist...we decided to wait a year...but can always come back earlier if the infections return.  What changed our minds, was the wisdom tooth showing on the Xray that was not only not decayed or infected, but in fact was starting to drop on it's own...starting to separate from the jaw.   Welcome to old age.  😉  Will be easier to remove later.  I had no idea they did that.  

Another reason to delay was due to getting the Covid vaccine.  If I were to get an infection due to surgery on the tooth removal, I could not go on antibiotic.  I have had the first Covid shot, and am to get the second on Thursday.  Was warned by pharmacist of the same thing when I got my pneumonia shot months ago.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

That was amazing.

Very sad ha died so young though.

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...call me big chicken.  😮 🐓  But did not have the tooth pulled.  After heart to heart nice conversation with the dentist...we decided to wait a year...but can always come back earlier if the infections return.  What changed our minds, was the wisdom tooth showing on the Xray that was not only not decayed or infected, but in fact was starting to drop on it's own...starting to separate from the jaw.   Welcome to old age.  😉  Will be easier to remove later.  I had no idea they did that.  

Another reason to delay was due to getting the Covid vaccine.  If I were to get an infection due to surgery on the tooth removal, I could not go on antibiotic.  I have had the first Covid shot, and am to get the second on Thursday.  Was warned by pharmacist of the same thing when I got my pneumonia shot months ago.  

Sounds like you made the right decision Pat.

Good luck for your second vaccine jab on Thursday and hopefully no side effects.

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Thanks...did you get both shots yet?  I can't remember if you told me that.  

No.

In the UK they have vaccinated 12.2 million people so far with hospital staff and over 70s the priority.

Next is over 65 then my category of 16-64 with health issues (my heart attack)

Hopefully it might be April before I get my first vaccine jab.

They are working on 10-12 weeks between vaccine jabs here.

Pauline is 59 next month so it might be May before she gets her first vaccine jab.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

In the UK they have vaccinated 12.2 million people so far with hospital staff and over 70s the priority.

Next is over 65 then my category of 16-64 with health issues (my heart attack)

Hopefully it might be April before I get my first vaccine jab.

They are working on 10-12 weeks between vaccine jabs here.

Pauline is 59 next month so it might be May before she gets her first vaccine jab.

That seems strange (and unfortunate) being even though you in the under 65 group, the health issue should have put you more forward.  Your immune system has taken a beating with that heart attack.  

Hope they up the schedule and you can get your shots sooner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just got back home from getting our first shot.  We live in rural South Carolina and our county has no health clinic, so the state DHEC has outreach clinics.  Ours was in a Baptist church.  
DHEC dropped the age eligibility to 65 last Wednesday evening and I called for an appointment Thursday morning.  It took about 35 minutes to get through, and our appointment was for 1:30 today.  
We got there at 1:13, filled out the paperwork and got registered.  We had to show a SC drivers license but no insurance info.  Waited about 15 minutes and the nurse gave us the shot.  Got our appointment for 4 weeks from today at the same time and place.

Waited 15 minutes and left.  In car at 2:12.  Wow!!!  I feel a great sense of relief.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

That seems strange (and unfortunate) being even though you in the under 65 group, the health issue should have put you more forward.  Your immune system has taken a beating with that heart attack.  

Hope they up the schedule and you can get your shots sooner.  

Thanks Pat.

Fortunately it was a mild heart attack.

Anyone with serious health issues was in the priority groups already vaccinated.

I had Covid19 in November and was poorly and spent 3 weeks in bed at home so hopefully it has given me good immunity.

Edited by grapau27

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

We just got back home from getting our first shot.  We live in rural South Carolina and our county has no health clinic, so the state DHEC has outreach clinics.  Ours was in a Baptist church.  
DHEC dropped the age eligibility to 65 last Wednesday evening and I called for an appointment Thursday morning.  It took about 35 minutes to get through, and our appointment was for 1:30 today.  
We got there at 1:13, filled out the paperwork and got registered.  We had to show a SC drivers license but no insurance info.  Waited about 15 minutes and the nurse gave us the shot.  Got our appointment for 4 weeks from today at the same time and place.

Waited 15 minutes and left.  In car at 2:12.  Wow!!!  I feel a great sense of relief.  

Great news for you.👍