Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

People can really break your heart.  It is so hard to understand how people can be so horrible, especially when they have been treated so well. Well, they say karma is a b—-h!!!!!

Renee, Happy Anniversary!

Thanks Marietta.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We thought we were all close but they showed their true colours once they got what they wanted.

Some people just arent thinking like normal people. At least that's why I tell myself. Do you think if you tried they would make up? It's not that my sister and bil are a bad way, they cant help how they are. Not everyone got a equal share of brains for one thing. I dont know if my sister is capable of thinking about anyone but herself. Spoiled rotten and too late to change.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do they tell you this conserve power during heatwaves too?   

I just find it odd as it is not something we hear here in PA during snowstorms and deep freezes.   We are told during heatwaves to try to do laundry in evening or early mornings, etc but not during winter storms.

Lol actually yes they do. My power company had me on a email incentive program, but the news would tell us to cut back too.

50k mostly more north by the red river now lost power. We are at 15 degrees on the way to 7 degrees tonight. Snow has picked up but another hour or two before the near white out conditions and  early a inch a hour hit.

Behind this snow storm is another storm of ice and or snow in two days and temperatures will continue to drop.

I couldnt drive to florida if I wanted to, they closed the bridge over the Mississippi the weather station says. I'd have to go another way to get there. Idk if I'm going back soon or not. I was trying to buy a condo which is in a stand off. A owner wants to buy the same unit, and filed a law suit against the title company and the seller to force us to give up and sell it to him. Unless he withdraws his law suits, the title company can't give me a clear title. I'm not backing off, but worried the seller might have, idk if he can or not, or the hoa will cave. We signed a 1 month extension..but that's why I'm eyeing the weather between here and there.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Some people just arent thinking like normal people. At least that's why I tell myself. Do you think if you tried they would make up? It's not that my sister and bil are a bad way, they cant help how they are. Not everyone got a equal share of brains for one thing. I dont know if my sister is capable of thinking about anyone but herself. Spoiled rotten and too late to change.

There is no way back.

When I told her I had a heart attack she laughed and said it was KARMA.!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I love dogs, but I prefer to keep them in their "own" house. Keeping animals at home is not a thing that I like. I dont mind taking it inside when its super cold or when the dog itself wants to be around people inside home, but Id rather keep it in its  own little house in the backyard

Sorry, but dogs are pack animals. They need to be with their family. They are not back yard decorations there for when their humans feel like paying some attention to them. Of course, that is my view, I'm not saying it should be yours.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

There is no way back.

So it's both ways. Well I hoped you could get over it. My sister and bil, I've paid not once but twice for cruises for them which last minute he decided not to do. I tried to explain too late to get a refund. He just shrugged it off. My family impossible too and my sister for sure but bil neither have a sense of money.  My parents are just glad to have someone else taking care of her. They paid off their mortgage and give them monthly money as my sisters spending knows no bounds. When she cruised with me I had to bribe her to get off the ship in ports. It does me no good staying mad at someone not capable of thinking of others. He calls her his angel. We worried he wanted to marry her for the money. Now no one cares as long as we dont have to handle her. It could be worse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We’re not dealing with snow in Northeast Florida, but it’s been raining on and off for several days. Our pool is currently overflowing. 

Nice pool , we occasionally have to pump water out of ours, our filter automatically turns on when it gets below 40 so pool doesn’t freeze , so it been going last several days and will continue for the next week. Wife is from Buffalo so we are big Bills fans.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

People can really break your heart.  It is so hard to understand how people can be so horrible, especially when they have been treated so well. Well, they say karma is a b—-h!!!!!

Renee, Happy Anniversary!

Thanks Marietta.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never expected to.I hope you make it to 54 and beyond.

I hope so too. We picked Valentine's Day because our relatives were coming from Texas and NJ. It was also President Lincoln's birthday so it gave them a 3 day weekend. I also always wanted either rubies or emerals in my wedding ring. My birthstone is diamond and Mike's is ruby. So the red and white theme went along with the date. A few pictures. Not the best quality taking a picture of an old photo with my phone. Here is my handsome hubby.

Screenshot_20210214-164948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-164958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 15

Well, after fighting for three weeks to beat Covid, my 98 yr old Aunt died early this morning.  She lived in the memory care unit of an assisted living facility that had been Covid free for over ten months.  Unfortunately, a new admission to memory care tested positive three days after admission.  Since that time, fourteen residents have tested positive and now six have died, my Aunt being the latest.  They expect more to pass as it has hit them hard.

Very difficult on my Mom since she was not able to go say goodbye.  They told her she could go in but she decided that it did not make sense to possibly expose herself, which we totally supported her in her decision as she is in her 80's.

All of these residents, except the new admission, received their first vaccine on January 15th but the new admission came in on January 11th, so many were likely already exposed at the time of their vaccines.  Second vaccines were supposed to happen last Friday, but most were too sick or still in their quarantine period to get the second shot.

Don't let your guard done and get your shots as soon as you can.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, after fighting for three weeks to beat Covid, my 98 yr old Aunt died early this morning.  She lived in the memory care unit of an assisted living facility that had been Covid free for over ten months.  Unfortunately, a new admission to memory care tested positive three days after admission.  Since that time, fourteen residents have tested positive and now six have died, my Aunt being the latest.  They expect more to pass as it has hit them hard.

Very difficult on my Mom since she was not able to go say goodbye.  They told her she could go in but she decided that it did not make sense to possibly expose herself, which we totally supported her in her decision as she is in her 80's.

All of these residents, except the new admission, received their first vaccine on January 15th but the new admission came in on January 11th, so many were likely already exposed at the time of their vaccines.  Second vaccines were supposed to happen last Friday, but most were too sick or still in their quarantine period to get the second shot.

So sorry to hear this really its mama. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

There is no way back.

Wow, what a horrible thing to say to someone, especially family. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

So it's both ways. Well I hoped you could get over it.....

If my SIL said that to me or to Mike there would be no getting over it. You don't say that to a relative EVER! That is downright horrible. Not someone I would want in my life. Relative or not, sometimes people are better off without them.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, after fighting for three weeks to beat Covid, my 98 yr old Aunt died early this morning.  She lived in the memory care unit of an assisted living facility that had been Covid free for over ten months.  Unfortunately, a new admission to memory care tested positive three days after admission. 

Sincere condolences for your loss.

Imagine, a single infected person leading to so many deaths. So sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Marietta.

I hope so too. We picked Valentine's Day because our relatives were coming from Texas and NJ. It was also President Lincoln's birthday so it gave them a 3 day weekend. I also always wanted either rubies or emerals in my wedding ring. My birthstone is diamond and Mike's is ruby. So the red and white theme went along with the date. A few pictures. Not the best quality taking a picture of an old photo with my phone. Here is my handsome hubby.

I was to late to add this to my post. A recent picture. Still as handsome as before. He will always be the most handsome man to me. 😍

Screenshot_20210214-175952_Messages.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Very sorry.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So sorry to hear this really its mama. 

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Sincere condolences for your loss.

Imagine, a single infected person leading to so many deaths. So sad.

Thank you.  

It is very sad, the facility worked very hard to keep the virus out for over ten months.  The independent living and assisted living areas are still covid free since the memory care unit is a locked, separate facility.  Those in memory care do not understand distancing and it is hard for them to wear masks, so once the virus got in there, it spread.  They tried to have them stay in their rooms, but they would come out because they don't remember they were supposed to stay there.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I'm so sorry about your aunt. Covid is just horrible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1