Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here is my handsome hubby.

Handsome indeed -- the quintessential fighter pilot, mustache included.

And I'd very much want to say that you, Renee, was very beautiful... actually, the sentence that keeps coming into my mind is: "you were not mince meat either"... Does it fit???

If not, beautiful it is 💐

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wow, what a horrible thing to say to someone, especially family. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

If my SIL said that to me or to Mike there would be no getting over it. You don't say that to a relative EVER! That is downright horrible. Not someone I would want in my life. Relative or not, sometimes people are better off without them.

Like I said sometimes it's how it is, if I told you even a few things my sister has said you would say the same  but I blame my mom for spoiling her. She also has a 80 iq. She and bil got a dog, who had cancer and in so much pain he had to have the dog put down. She went around at church, senior center, saying he was a dog killer, because he didnt immediately go out and get her another dog. He told my mom she threw her wedding ring at him and said he didnt love her. She has manipulation down to a T, but if anything happened to him, guess who is stuck taking care of her. She cant make change for $1 and does nothing for herself, he does all the work. 

How about when my mom sent her to me when she couldnt handle her, and she went next door and told my neighbor he got her pregnant. Every guy I brought home she cuddled up to and tried to give him her phone #, she is a delight, but no one yelled, they just acted appalled but she never got yelled at.

That's where I'm coming from. Someone who doesnt have the ability at this time to act right or talk right. ..i know ugly but helpless to stop it. That's why i asked if the sister was a adult mentally. I've spent my whole life dealing with someone making terrible comments. I so dread I cant tell you the thought I might have to be her only caregiver. Sometimes life gives you someone in your family who is inappropriate. I've argued with my mom over her spoiling my sister but my mom cant stop herself.i cant change either of them. I moved away from my family 3 times, if you dont understand how hard it was on me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very modern looking cockpit. Is it a 787?

Yes, the 787 Dreamliner. I think some people or thrown off by the red and green epaulettes. American let's the crew wear them and a tie of their choice during the Holidays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Handsome indeed -- the quintessential fighter pilot, mustache included.

And I'd very much want to say that you, Renee, was very beautiful... actually, the sentence that keeps coming into my mind is: "you were not mince meat either"... Does it fit???

If not, beautiful it is 💐

Thank you. Wished I still looked like that. 😃

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yes, the 787 Dreamliner. I think some people or thrown off by the red and green epaulettes. American let's the crew wear them and a tie of their choice during the Holidays.

That was the next thing that I was going to ask you about!

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Like I said sometimes it's how it is, if I told you even a few things my sister has said you would say the same  but I blame my mom for spoiling her. She also has a 80 iq. She and bil got a dog, who had cancer and in so much pain he had to have the dog put down. She went around at church, senior center, saying he was a dog killer, because he didnt immediately go out and get her another dog. He told my mom she threw her wedding ring at him and said he didnt love her. She has manipulation down to a T, but if anything happened to him, guess who is stuck taking care of her. She cant make change for $1 and does nothing for herself, he does all the work. 

How about when my mom sent her to me when she couldnt handle her, and she went next door and told my neighbor he got her pregnant. Every guy I brought home she cuddled up to and tried to give him her phone #, she is a delight, but no one yelled, they just acted appalled but she never got yelled at.

That's where I'm coming from. Someone who doesnt have the ability at this time to act right or talk right. ..i know ugly but helpless to stop it. That's why i asked if the sister was a adult mentally. I've spent my whole life dealing with someone making terrible comments. I so dread I cant tell you the thought I might have to be her only caregiver. Sometimes life gives you someone in your family who is inappropriate. I've argued with my mom over her spoiling my sister but my mom cant stop herself.i cant change either of them. I moved away from my family 3 times, if you dont understand how hard it was on me.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with it all. That is a huge burden for someone to have. Would you be able to move to Florida after your parents pass or do you still feel you would need to stay there to take care of them?

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That was the next thing that I was going to ask you about!

The Christmas Holidays and New Year's Eve/Day is when they can wear those. Dec. 1 - Jan. 1. Crew members have to buy them if they want to wear them (not required) so not everyone would be wearing them. The money goes to a charity.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Nonprofit-Organization/Christmas-Epaulets-IMO-Captain-John-H-Knutson-136345899798032/

https://sites.google.com/view/chetekscholarships/christmas-epaulets

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, after fighting for three weeks to beat Covid, my 98 yr old Aunt died early this morning.  She lived in the memory care unit of an assisted living facility that had been Covid free for over ten months.  Unfortunately, a new admission to memory care tested positive three days after admission.  Since that time, fourteen residents have tested positive and now six have died, my Aunt being the latest.  They expect more to pass as it has hit them hard.

Very difficult on my Mom since she was not able to go say goodbye.  They told her she could go in but she decided that it did not make sense to possibly expose herself, which we totally supported her in her decision as she is in her 80's.

All of these residents, except the new admission, received their first vaccine on January 15th but the new admission came in on January 11th, so many were likely already exposed at the time of their vaccines.  Second vaccines were supposed to happen last Friday, but most were too sick or still in their quarantine period to get the second shot.

Don't let your guard done and get your shots as soon as you can.

I am so sorry.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm so sorry you have to deal with it all. That is a huge burden for someone to have. Would you be able to move to Florida after your parents pass or do you still feel you would need to stay there to take care of them?

Idk seriously, it's like my life isnt my own. It's been all my life. I was in high school holding her at home with her kicking my shins with heavy boots and my mom just cried. She got kicked out of every boarding type school they put her in. My favorite was the catholic school when she discovered telling people the nuns and priests were having sex worked. We tried hospitals. She was locked up mostly with drugged and learned about drugs and picked up swear words.

My parents redid their living trust the year before last and not one relative was willing to say if I died first she could live with them. Finally one cousin for a fee will manage the trust and put her in a home. Shes that much of a darling. Imagine our surprise when she came home with this older guy and they said they were getting married. He calls her his little angel. She is cute and I'm sure loves to cuddle at night. He was good for taking her out to eat daily and my mom showered them with money to keep her happy, and it worked until covid when she thought her life was over and couldnt get her nails done all the time or eat out all the time. I know showering her with money doesnt help but it keeps peace. His ex wife died of a brain tumour and he was used to taking care of her, and is ok taking care of my useless helpless sister. Neither manages money well, so I feel tied here right now, idk after my parents pass. I cant even say if I love my sister or not tbh. I've been thru so much. My sister would tell my dad her wallet would look better with more money in it...this from a age 50 plus adult. Shes hard to say no to. She doesnt quit when she wants something. Glad I'm not her husband. I'm sure if she wants a new sofa or whatever, she goes on and on and on and on. We are now glad he loves her and it's not us. 

• Like 5

A few pics from today. Gifts to be opened. 

75BF1E2A-98CA-40BE-B5C9-3C281F1945F8.thumb.jpeg.d148c427c80c953ecce7956e63c25843.jpeg

Table set. 

1B3C7E61-6AB7-42E3-AD74-3E64A0C19BD9.thumb.jpeg.a0b053a604b07654b1dcc4edcd03167b.jpeg

Steak BBQ, and it wasn’t even snowing but enough on the ground. 

40DA42F2-B572-4F98-B1DF-E71A5686AEE8.thumb.jpeg.68fba5bf369ddbfbe3e4cd40bb802383.jpeg

Cake soon to be eaten. There are two more. 😋

0B63BFA2-5952-44D5-AA8C-05E00919C690.thumb.jpeg.1e97ead52051369dd04951ad1aa19ddd.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I had a call from my city about conserving electricity and turning down my heat. My heat is gas. Lol. Turning it down wouldnt help much with peak electricity usage.

This made me chuckle. I sometimes get calls from companies selling siding. I explain that i have a brick home. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol actually yes they do. My power company had me on a email incentive program, but the news would tell us to cut back too.

50k mostly more north by the red river now lost power. We are at 15 degrees on the way to 7 degrees tonight. Snow has picked up but another hour or two before the near white out conditions and  early a inch a hour hit.

Behind this snow storm is another storm of ice and or snow in two days and temperatures will continue to drop.

I couldnt drive to florida if I wanted to, they closed the bridge over the Mississippi the weather station says. I'd have to go another way to get there. Idk if I'm going back soon or not. I was trying to buy a condo which is in a stand off. A owner wants to buy the same unit, and filed a law suit against the title company and the seller to force us to give up and sell it to him. Unless he withdraws his law suits, the title company can't give me a clear title. I'm not backing off, but worried the seller might have, idk if he can or not, or the hoa will cave. We signed a 1 month extension..but that's why I'm eyeing the weather between here and there.

Try to enjoy the pretty snow while you can.   Hopefully you wont lose power.   

Sounds like quite a fight for this condo.  Hope you win!!

Keep us posted.

Here in Pa we had an ice storm last night.  I couldn't walk out front door to get my sunday morning newspaper.  It melted by noon.  We have a mix of ice and snow forecasted for almost everyday this coming week.  I much rather have snow than ice.    I can drive thru 2 feet of snow but cannot drive on 2 inches of ice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Try to enjoy the pretty snow while you can.   Hopefully you wont lose power.   

Sounds like quite a fight for this condo.  Hope you win!!

Keep us posted.

Here in Pa we had an ice storm last night.  I couldn't walk out front door to get my sunday morning newspaper.  It melted by noon.  We have a mix of ice and snow forecasted for almost everyday this coming week.  I much rather have snow than ice.    I can drive thru 2 feet of snow but cannot drive on 2 inches of ice.

We got another storm coming in 2 days ice or snow they dont know. This was the last picture I took just as the 1 inch a hour storm hit as it got dark. Its covering my grass now and coming down hard and the wind has picked up now. Got several alerts on the TV its here. Still cant see the snow swirling but can tell its coating more now. Wish I could see it more right now in the dark. Looks like I'm going no where for a few days. Ours is part ice part snow too. I'll be interested to wake up and see how many inches we actually get. Exciting for us. 

20210214_175954.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Marietta.

I hope so too. We picked Valentine's Day because our relatives were coming from Texas and NJ. It was also President Lincoln's birthday so it gave them a 3 day weekend. I also always wanted either rubies or emerals in my wedding ring. My birthstone is diamond and Mike's is ruby. So the red and white theme went along with the date. A few pictures. Not the best quality taking a picture of an old photo with my phone. Here is my handsome hubby.

Screenshot_20210214-164948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-164958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great pictures and story!  Is Mike a Naval aviator?

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Marietta.

I hope so too. We picked Valentine's Day because our relatives were coming from Texas and NJ. It was also President Lincoln's birthday so it gave them a 3 day weekend. I also always wanted either rubies or emerals in my wedding ring. My birthstone is diamond and Mike's is ruby. So the red and white theme went along with the date. A few pictures. Not the best quality taking a picture of an old photo with my phone. Here is my handsome hubby.

Screenshot_20210214-164948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-164958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Beautiful !!!