Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

My team at work all had the two Pfizer shots on exactly the same days 3 weeks apart.  We all reacted differently.  I felt worse the first time.  The second time I felt hardly any side effects yet two colleagues had to go home early the following day.  I think there are so many variables.

Agree to that.  Just hope each situation...brings the needed results.  Maybe some day we can get back to some degree of normal lives again.  😌

• Like 4

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

In my experience, the flu shot "disable" me for 4-5 days. The arm really hurts and is a bit inflamed. 

In normal times I was swimming Sunday-Thursday, and was timing the shot for Thursday afternoon, to give my arm a rest at least Friday and Saturday....

I was pleasantly surprised that both Pfizer shots were much much easier on my arm 😁

I rarely have a reaction to annual flu shot, Eric had bad reaction one year but most times he is okay other than sore arm.  I'm hoping this will be the same for our covid jab.   Patiently waiting for our invite to get the first shot.  We were notified by our local dept of health to expect to receive our invite any day. 

Which should work out perfect since Eric was told to wait 30 days from the time he had covid.  March 5th will be 30 days.

• Like 3

Just now, dani negreanu said:

The most beautiful view... No McDonalds today?😉

Pauline got a McDonald's veggie wrap and I got a barbecue chicken wrap plus coffee and we ate them here.

It has been very busy so we are still sitting in the car but we are going now for a walk.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

F.Y.I. I volunteer at a wildlife refuge.  We currently have 2 opossum patients.  Opossums can eat up to 5000 ticks in a season.  They do not carry rabies.  We have successfully treated and released several this year.  

Finally, someone to back up what I've been saying.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The beach car parks are packed.

This is the view from our car.

We are going to have a walk now along the beach promenade.

16144349401896530193716261164986.jpg

I've noticed that beauty spot car parks are packed at weekends.  Nothing else to do in lockdown but go for a walk.  Luckily there are lovely woods within walking distance. The weather today is gourgous, warm enough to sit in the garden 😊. Hubby is busy putting my new greenhouse together.  Envy you living near the sea, it's my happy place. Not long now before lockdown lifts and we can go back down to the Dorset coast for our walks. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20210227_145041.jpg

I know that we have not actually met. But after enough time on these boards I think we all get a "sense" of the people that that we are hanging out with here. And I think you two are one classy couple who I'd really like to run into in the Diamond Lounge someday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know that we have not actually met. But after enough time on these boards I think we all get a "sense" of the people that that we are hanging out with here. And I think you two are one classy couple who I'd really like to run into in the Diamond Lounge someday.

Thank you Ocean Boy it would be great to see you too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I rarely have a reaction to annual flu shot, Eric had bad reaction one year but most times he is okay other than sore arm.  I'm hoping this will be the same for our covid jab.   Patiently waiting for our invite to get the first shot.  We were notified by our local dept of health to expect to receive our invite any day. 

Which should work out perfect since Eric was told to wait 30 days from the time he had covid.  March 5th will be 30 days.

The only thing I have ever had from  the flu shot was a lightly sore arm for a couple of days...but that was it.  For each of many years getting it. 

Moderna Vaccine was much different.  Than again...even from reading posts here...everyone is different in their reaction.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

The people I talked to, including my sister, who got the Pfizer was the opposite.  Had more side effects with that one.  My sister was very sick for 3 days after both Pfizer shots.  

We both got our second Pfizer shots on Wednesday, 24 Feb. with no side effects. Kathy's arm was a little sore but my wasn't. Maybe the nurse that gave me my shot was more gentle with me. 🙂

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

The only thing I have ever had from  the flu shot was a lightly sore arm for a couple of days...but that was it.  For each of many years getting it. 

Moderna Vaccine was much different.  Than again...even from reading posts here...everyone is different in their reaction.  

That is very true. Even though it is interesting to hear of other's reactions, don't think it will be the same for you. People discussing their reactions is a frequent topic of conversation around the hospital.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We both got our second Pfizer shots on Wednesday, 24 Feb. with no side effects. Kathy's arm was a little sore but my wasn't. Maybe the nurse that gave me my shot was more gentle with me. 🙂

That's great you are both good to go now!!  🤗   Yeah, the young male fireman that gave me the second shot was not nearly as gentle as the nurse that gave me the first shot.  But he was pretty cool anyway.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is very true. Even though it is interesting to hear of other's reactions, don't think it will be the same for you. People discussing their reactions is a frequent topic of conversation around the hospital.

And as it seems on this thread as well.  😉 

Sigh...since we can't discuss our latest cruise experience.  😥

• Like 3