Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Where is Vincent’s Diner? We’ll be stopping somewhere in NJ on our way home from Maine. Dick would rather eat in a diner than just about any other restaurant. 

Vincentown Diner, Intersection of Rt 206  & Rt 38 Southampton, NJ 08088..........I assume you are taking the NJ Turnpike, you would get off at Exit 7 and head south on Rt 206 for about 13 miles one way from the Exit.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

Today, we are watching our granddaughter, while her brother and a friend are at a card show in Monroeville.  

Granddaughter wanted to make blueberry muffins, so she did it all from start to finish. 

IMG_7301.thumb.jpeg.829e57771c5ea43e4e1c2a200cece125.jpeg

Ready for the oven. 

IMG_7305.thumb.jpeg.6de0d10d9999c3129311dbf138138bc8.jpeg

They may not have looked perfect, but they tasted perfect. 

IMG_7308.thumb.jpeg.d29b424c58685b0914662b588afa8358.jpeg

Meanwhile, grandson and his friend met Hines Ward.  I think he was one of my favorite Steelers, because he was always smiling. 

IMG_3353.thumb.jpeg.48c18a8a7a2e816e4b8816ad623324af.jpeg

And, they both got signed photos from him. 

IMG_3355.thumb.jpeg.08530794c7c9aa353beb8bdf3f4727da.jpeg

• Like 24

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Today, we are watching our granddaughter, while her brother and a friend are at a card show in Monroeville.  

Granddaughter wanted to make blueberry muffins, so she did it all from start to finish. 

IMG_7301.thumb.jpeg.829e57771c5ea43e4e1c2a200cece125.jpeg

Ready for the oven. 

IMG_7305.thumb.jpeg.6de0d10d9999c3129311dbf138138bc8.jpeg

They may not have looked perfect, but they tasted perfect. 

IMG_7308.thumb.jpeg.d29b424c58685b0914662b588afa8358.jpeg

Those muffins look really yummy.  I think I need to ask her for the recipe.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, taznremmy said:

A short cruise is better than no cruise!

i have just been writing up my review from our 5 day to Croatia and Slovenia.  It was a 4 port cruise and tbh I am not fussed about days at sea.  As I was writing I came to the conclusion that  in the amount of battery recharge it gives me, 5 or 7 days is about the same. When I was working I used to think about long weekends like that.  A break is a break. 

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I remember studying history in school and the famous saying “. . .  one if by land and two if by sea . .  . “. 

Well over the years we have sailed a bunch of number 2’s. So we now became the official owners of our number “one”. 

So it was delivered to our local Camping World and signed on the dotted line today. 

Now we were pre approved for a loan. 
LOL

240 months 
7% interest 

Um 

No 

We would pay over double for our  2024 Land Cruiser. 
So we bit the bullet and just paid in full. 

So, since we still have landscaping and concrete driveways to be finished  we delayed bringing it home till after Father’s Day. 

Now gotta come up with a name for our new addition. 

Meet the “ no name” new MOTOR HOME. 

So excited!!

IMG_0400.thumb.jpeg.8a8126badafb131c7653ce704cc3144f.jpeg

Congratulations... class C is a good introduction to the RV lifestyle.  They get you used to driving a larger vehicle without dropping into something so big it scares you. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter on a great achievement!

Thank you so much, Greg!

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter Maryann.

Thank you, Graham!

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations to Erin! Today certainly looks like a much better day for graduation than yesterday was.  
We went out to dinner with friends last night, down near the beaches (when we made these plans we didn’t count on monsoon type weather).  There were several large parties celebrating commencement weekend at URI, some of the new graduates still wearing their robes.  I felt bad they had such a terrible weather day for their big event.  

Thank you, Deb!!  Yes, Erin had beautiful weather for her Graduation today.

Our granddaughter Ava is very much looking forward to her Semester at URI in the Fall!

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I wish her the best in her nursing career. It’s a hard job and I’m grateful to all who are willing to help us all by being  nurses. 

Thank you so much, Mimi!  I thank your twin granddaughters for being in this wonderful profession!

While we were not physically at our Granddaughter Erin's Graduation, we were thankfully able to watch the Commencement online, and I did have tears in my eyes.  Erin graduated Summa Cum Laude, she made the Deans List every Semester.  We were fortunate that we could see Erin walk up the stairs to receive her Degree.,  We are so proud of her!🧑‍🎓

Thank you all for your well wishes!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, I have been shaking my head after reading this story. 

IMG_7309.thumb.jpeg.3209d8ffa8bc4ff93d759dddeb8dcbc1.jpeg

I think this fits into a new level of crazy, in my book. 

Give me a break!  To each their own, but this is insane!!!

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I think flying to TS concerts not once, not twice, but three times is beyond crazy, but that doesn’t stop our DIL and her friends. 
My DS stopped after two. He was afraid he’d have to turn in his man card. 

Good for your DIL;  kudos to your DS!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Whether you have the money or not, that’s just insane.  
We had the kids here for dinner Friday night. Jess & Ali were stalking last minute ticket prices that were dropping rapidly the closer it got to the concert start time.  From over $ 1,000 at around 6 pm, some were down to the $ 400 range by 8 pm.  They cooked up a plan to try again last night. Cristina was supposed to drive up today to be in RI for work meetings all week, but they convinced her to drive up yesterday instead to join their quest.  So the three of them headed to Gillette Stadium around 6:30 pm, hoping for the best.  They didn’t end up getting tickets because they had all agreed $500 was their max, each.  Tickets did drop some last night but adding in fees, etc brought the cost well over their budgets. But they had parked and walked, so they got as close as possible and ended up at Patriot Place (shopping & dining venue attached to the stadium) where they heard the whole concert, even if they couldn’t see her.  Looks like a lot of folks did the same.  The girls spent their money on t-shirts and sweatshirts instead and said they had a blast. 70632128124__13F0F47A-A6B3-4E14-B4DA-52EFA794FA47.thumb.jpeg.2031d14f5435efc3f781a0c0f3f3550f.jpeg

IMG_8917.thumb.jpeg.320a21393b6ee17e3972971fcba9ddd1.jpeg

Your daughters are beautiful, Deb!  It looks like they were the winners after all, getting to hear the Concert while enjoying each other's company,  shopping, and dining, and still coming home with souvenirs from their adventure!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, I have been shaking my head after reading this story. 

IMG_7309.thumb.jpeg.3209d8ffa8bc4ff93d759dddeb8dcbc1.jpeg

I think this fits into a new level of crazy, in my book. 

Seems to me that if my dear friend truly appreciated her fans that she would not want a father to be in the position of having to spend that kind of money to make his daughters happy. Maybe it is her fans' money that she truly appreciates.

I also don't think much of a kid who would want a parent to spend that kind of money. Seem very selfish to me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I remember studying history in school and the famous saying “. . .  one if by land and two if by sea . .  . “. 

Well over the years we have sailed a bunch of number 2’s. So we now became the official owners of our number “one”. 

So it was delivered to our local Camping World and signed on the dotted line today. 

Now we were pre approved for a loan. 
LOL

240 months 
7% interest 

Um 

No 

We would pay over double for our  2024 Land Cruiser. 
So we bit the bullet and just paid in full. 

So, since we still have landscaping and concrete driveways to be finished  we delayed bringing it home till after Father’s Day. 

Now gotta come up with a name for our new addition. 

Meet the “ no name” new MOTOR HOME. 

So excited!!

IMG_0400.thumb.jpeg.8a8126badafb131c7653ce704cc3144f.jpeg

"The Lions Den"? Or perhaps spell it a different way?

• Like 7