Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

It’s amazing that the PT exercises I have to do for an hour three times a day totally wipe me out.  The stretching exercises with a resistance band are no problem…but the ones where I lie down on the bed and work my leg etc muscles…they don’t hurt…but afterwards I’m totally exhausted.  I get the shivers and my teeth chatter.  Keep thinking it will get easier…. I personally have never experienced the endorphin high people describe from exercise.  I think it is bunk promulgated by sports medicine doctors.

I still use the boot when practicing the partial weight bearing with the rollator.  According to the PT I’m supposed to be using the walker all the time…but that just isn’t possible in every circumstance.  Next doctor visit is June 28 and I’m hoping I can transition to full weight bearing walking with the boot.  🤞

Who knew I’d miss vacuuming, cooking and cleaning litter boxes so much?!

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good pizza in Dallas?  Really?? 😊

In TX, the best authentic NY pizza we've had is in Plano on Parker Rd. near the Tollway.  Joe's pizza, across from Plano Presby hospital.  Huge triangular slices, you fold in half "ala" Tony Manero in the movie Saturday Night Fever.

As Trainman a much beloved member of CC used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies".

Greg, my heart is with you for a successful outcome!

Most of the Joe’s pizza places are pretty good we have one delivered to our house once a week normally on Sunday this one’s really close in Carrollton where we live . I know there are a couple in Plano that are also good .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, we were all packed and ready to go when his stomach started to act up.  So, we are home, sigh

I am sorry that happened. I hope he feels better.

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

@seadog Something to make you laugh. I am bald and last weekend I cooked steaks on the grill. I always like to wash my face to get the grease off and my granddaughter asked me where do bald people stop when they wash their face?

That's actually a really good question. I never really thought about that. Usually I do it in the shower and I shave my head as well as wash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2024 at 4:39 PM, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Glad you are home and the test was completed. 

Before I retired our  company also provided anesthesia services for MRI. 

We were there 90% of the time for people who had difficulty being in the tunnel and felt closed in. 
The other 10% was for people who suffered from back pain and the restrictions of the narrow tube made it difficult to get comfy. 

In saying that I must say we had a history of pulling out the “big guns” of sedation to get a satisfactory level.

It was not uncommon to administer 2-3 times the typical anesthesia dosages to attain a satisfactory level. 

Our people had to go to sleep and maintain their own airway and keep breathing on their own without any breathing tubes. Our hospital did not let us do that for insurance reasons. 
The only people who were completely on ventilators were patients who were already intubated from intensive care. And we were not there. No need to be. They were already drugged because of the breathing tube. 

It was a fine line of sleeping and not knowing anything to stop breathing. 

We used a cocktail if drugs. 

Just listing for your FYI. 

Glycopyralate -dry mouth. Safe airway

Ketamine— Dissociative anesthesia. Drug gets bad rap date rape  drug. Forms of it used for animal  anesthesia   (woof). Can cause bad dreams. 

Versed. Sedative. Causes loss of memory. Also prevents bad dreams from ketamine. 

Alfentanyl narcotic.  Able to tolerate flat tube and laying still. 

Propofol. (Michael Jackson) drug. Crème d la crème. Causes sweet dreams. 

And finally the skills of your anesthesia provider monitoring and doing a balancing act to keep you in the safest possible way. 
Emergency supplies at my side. 
Ear plugs in my ears as I sit by your side in the room with the emergency shut off button in my hand. 

These are one of the hardest assignments for  anesthesia. 

We rotate this and usually are assigned every other month. 

Phew!!!!!

Thats what I did. Amongst other things. 

But now. I do other fun things with the spouse. Like cruising. 

This weekend a land cruise. 
Roughing it camping. 

Be safe. 

Thank you Sue for this info. I ended up having Propofol. It as all anesthesia meds do a number on my system in being able to do number one and number two as it takes a long time for my system to wake up. I was really uncomfortable moat of the day but keep trying until things got better last night. What's really weird is today I feel like I got hit by a truck. Every muscle in my body is sore and I can't hardly walk. My ribs hurt which I think was due to me coughing alot yesterday after I got home trying to clear my airways. My hips and weirdly my calf muscles are very sore. Maybe because I haven't replenished my fluids I don't know. The staff was great and I don't remember a thing which is the way I wanted it.

• Like 7

@Sea Dog I’m sorry to read about your health issues. Sharon used a cream similar to what has been prescribed for you and it did what was needed for her. I hope you have the same results. 

@helen haywood it’s nice to see the boot off and the cats still enjoying their lounging spot. PT sounds tough but I know you will power through it. 

@firefly333 I’m sorry to read about your moving misadventures. I hope the worst is behind you.

I hope the rest of our family here is doing well on this great thread started by our favourite @dani negreanu.  I’ve enjoyed seeing the baby photos, graduation photos, food/drink photos and animal photos that everyone has shared in my absence. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve spent some time on CC but I’m now all caught up.

I’ve been busy with work and Owen’s baseball. Baseball has been going well, they placed second last week in a tourney.  Owen had a walk off double that drove in the winning run in the semis but they lost by one in the finals.  The weather sucked all weekend, with one game played entirely in the rain.  The warmest day was maybe 17C being less than 1/2 mile from Lake Huron shores.

Sunset on the Friday nights game was amazing. 

IMG_5668.thumb.jpeg.0414bdbf6778ca2b08e9a3b45f8f15a9.jpeg

@Ocean Boy the tourney town was on the lake and they even had a lighthouse. 

IMG_5677.thumb.jpeg.83ccb0cc51c81a6388f82062277e7bf3.jpeg

Lisa and I, we are both doing well.  

And then there is Lucy. She is doing the same as always. 

IMG_5713.thumb.jpeg.318fca43615618fbfc18a05360bf0d31.jpeg

IMG_5747.thumb.jpeg.a73588833443782671659d0bcad5fb0e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@jagsfan  How are you going with your rehab after your nasty fall?   I am hoping you are a bit more mobile & experiencing less pain.

629DBD62-BFDE-453B-921D-32C57784730F.thumb.jpeg.e50ec4f7a9a5108cb7b56e8f8d83ead4.jpeg

Not sure if you are still checking in on cc but  I think of you every time I take a photo of our birdlife.

This is such a great picture, aussie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

😪  bummer..

Maybe next weekend.

I imagine AC is busy with Father's Day weekend.   Lots of traffic on way here this morning.  Island is very busy.

Jim only had some traffic on Hooper Avenue in Tom's River while he was on his way to our grandson William's Car Wash fundraiser for his Boy Scout Troop.  No traffic at all heading South on the Pkwy on his way home.

You and Eric are in for a great week weather-wise, Debbie!  Our pool was opened yesterday, but it needed to be shocked today...

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 9:29 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Leave tomorrow morning for LBI.  Yippee!!   

We were going to start packing our cars while still light out but mother nature stopped that plan.  Nasty thunderstorms with downpours passed through.  Kitties are all wound up with the storms and seeing us pack.  Poor babies

Did you pack an extra can opener???  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

On 6/14/2024 at 11:49 AM, firefly333 said:

So I'm thinking more to the story, but for him to say he still has cancer cells in his prostate he is not having treated. Yes I'm alarmed.

It's not at all unusual to not treat prostate cancer.  Nothing to be alarmed about.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3