Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you for coming on to share your experience with arthritis 

I will definitely look into it and I'm glad you found something to help with your pain. 

I am also going to say thank you. I will share this with a relative who has this and perhaps it may help.

And I will also say sorry that you got kind of run over on how YOU used YOUR time with YOUR doctor. Please do not feel intimidated. 
I wish you (and Sue) the best and hope you find some relief with your pain.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Last night while posting about the new van, we were on our back deck hearing the fireworks start.  We quickly decided to ride down to the river and see what we could. 

Although we were not in our regular spot we had a good view for getting the last moment. Would of never happened without the van.

image.thumb.png.7bde5c595a26764f5db8ea7b92a48a91.png

• Like 27

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I am also going to say thank you. I will share this with a relative who has this and perhaps it may help.

And I will also say sorry that you got kind of run over on how YOU used YOUR time with YOUR doctor. Please do not feel intimidated. 
I wish you (and Sue) the best and hope you find some relief with your pain.

Some doctors may know their craft but have no social skills . My dentist for instance ran his office like a factory assembly line . That relationship didn’t last long . At my last visit with my physician , he not only spent a long time with me but also called me on my cell to inquire if I was still in the building because he wanted to run one more test . Him , I’ll keep. 

• Like 7

Yesterday was another good day that the rain managed to miss us at the right time.  

We traveled to Eddie’s Footlong to participate in that all American activity of Hot Dog eating. The line was never less than 20 deep while we were there. 

IMG_1615.thumb.jpeg.e866ee5bbbf59d1389d17acbddd75d1a.jpeg

I always have one called The Works.  Inflation has caught up here, since it is $5 for one of these now.  

The grandkids always like to go to the Linesville spillway to feed the carp.  

Last night was fireworks again.  A lot of friends of our grandkids were there. These two were properly accessorized. 

IMG_1627.thumb.jpeg.7592a45e0a674814df4fba69a1a9591b.jpeg

The fireworks show is put on by an individual, and he has done it every year for several years.  The show typically lasts a half hour.  I can’t imagine how much it costs to do that.  This is just the finale. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Some doctors may know their craft but have no social skills . My dentist for instance ran his office like a factory assembly line . That relationship didn’t last long . At my last visit with my physician , he not only spent a long time with me but also called me on my cell to inquire if I was still in the building because he wanted to run one more test . Him , I’ll keep. 

I understand how you feel. Good luck with your tests!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Things sure have changed since being diagnosed over a year ago. 
Good things can come from challenging trials. My spirit has been uplifted from the love my family and I receive from so many around us!  And it is such a blessing to hear that this encourages those around me!
Physically things are way down. I can no longer walk, even with a rollator. As the day goes on my energy drops.  At times I have a hard time breathing. My right side is weak.  I did a grip test with PT Tuesday.   The left was 41 the right 8.  Big difference.   I get frustrated at times when I struggle doing the simple things in life.
My life would be totally different if I was not blessed with Sharon.   I am soooo thankful she is with me!
With all that said I am still enjoying life!  Those grandkids love on GPa. Each time Kenzie visits she takes the time to give me a big hug and squeeze my feet.  Life is still good!

It is hard for me to share this.  I enjoy bringing smiles to people thus the dad jokes.   😆 

Thank you for sharing. I am so encouraged by your positive outlook in spite of your challenges; it is a good reminder to all of us. I so appreciate all of your posts, and especially the pics of your grandchildren. I am so sorry that you are seeing these rapid changes and that it affects your ability to do the things you love. Please continue to share updates and pictures and jokes! ♥️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

I’m just a lurker and debated about responding to you, but I hope you don’t mind my popping in.  I had pain in my left knee and right hip, and my right-hand finger was swollen and purple.  I happened to be at the doctor’s for another issue and mentioned these aches and pains to her. Her response was “you probably have arthritis all over your body.”  That’s it, nothing more.  The next day, I mentioned my pain to my sister. She recommended what she called “joint juice.” No, that’s not the name of the product.  It’s chondroitin glutamate in liquid form. It’s also available in pill form and is advertised quite excessively here on tv. (I have no experience with the pill form.) I ordered the liquid, and three days after using it daily my pain was gone and hasn’t returned. I don’t know if you’ll have the same success but thought I’d mention it to you. Amazon carries it as does Costco.

I have been taking Glucosamine with Chondritin for two years now.  It has made a world of difference.  That along with Tumeric and substantially reducing sugar intake has allowed me to be more mobile than I have know in a number of years.  

Welcome to our friendly thread 🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good things can come from challenging trials. My spirit has been uplifted from the love my family and I receive from so many around us!  And it is such a blessing to hear that this encourages those around me!
Physically things are way down. I can no longer walk, even with a rollator. As the day goes on my energy drops.  At times I have a hard time breathing. My right side is weak.  I did a grip test with PT Tuesday.   The left was 41 the right 8.  Big difference.   I get frustrated at times when I struggle doing the simple things in life.
My life would be totally different if I was not blessed with Sharon.   I am soooo thankful she is with me!
With all that said I am still enjoying life!  Those grandkids love on GPa. Each time Kenzie visits she takes the time to give me a big hug and squeeze my feet.  Life is still good!

It is hard for me to share this.  I enjoy bringing smiles to people thus the dad jokes.   😆 

Sorry friend... Your positive spirit is inspirational to many around you.  Keep your head up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am as bad as the other Mark @SteelCityCruiser10.  I accidentally booked two more cruises today.   Now, it will be S2S2B2B (I think that is right.  One ship, moving to another for three more)

Susan says she can handle 29 days onboard.

Accidents happen...

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

"accidentally" 😉  that's the spirit.... .  can you, accidentally of course, S2SB2B2BS2B.. it to Bella's cruise?

Hmmm, that would be nice.  We get off in PE the same day Bella’s sails from PC. Might be a tight logistics problem. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am as bad as the other Mark @SteelCityCruiser10.  I accidentally booked two more cruises today.   Now, it will be S2S2B2B (I think that is right.  One ship, moving to another for three more)

hummm yeah.... riiiight 🤔.  Perhaps your old keyboard has "sticky" keys 😉

Some accidents are better than others I suppose.

dp

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

John you are inspiration to everyone that is dealing with difficulties.  Sorry to hear this horrible disease is progressing faster than anyone had hoped or prayed for.   Your positive attitude and loving family is a blessing.     You and your beautiful family are in my daily thoughts and prayers.    Love ya❤️

How's your garden doing?      I am getting ready to pick a couple of cucumbers and some grape tomatoes soon.   While we were at the shore there was a heat wave here with high humidity and it is back again as of yesterday.    Although us humans hate the humidity the garden loves it!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We have sailed for 28 or 29 days twice now.   I could have easily stayed onboard for another cruise but Eric was ready to get home and kept reminding me we have lives back at home we had to get back to.     

One thing for sure is you will definitely loose track of time and be so nice and relaxed that when you get home you will struggle with daily activities and be forgetful of simple chores such as taking the trash out.    

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have sailed for 28 or 29 days twice now.   I could have easily stayed onboard for another cruise but Eric was ready to get home and kept reminding me we have lives back at home we had to get back to.     

One thing for sure is you will definitely loose track of time and be so nice and relaxed that when you get home you will struggle with daily activities and be forgetful of simple chores such as taking the trash out.    

I remember when Susan would think that 14 days was too long.  Now, since things have been going well (knock on wood), she agrees it would be good to get away for a while.  We had considered doing a VIRBO for the one week, but the cruise was cheaper, and it has food included. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that we will miss more of winter.

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@h20skibum   Have you heard from your friend in Jamaica?   

Yes I have.  She is staying at her parents house, about an hour from Kingston.  They had some water coming in around the newly installed windows, so they spent the night of the hurricane trying to stay ahead of that.  She sent a picture of one good size tree in their front yard that was split in two.  Other than that, they fared well.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 7

We have made final payment for 5 cruises on Freedom , starting the end of September , and ending the beginning of November.  That is 35 days, my longest to be on a cruise. My first solo cruise ever. There will be friends on some of the cruises. I may have to start to frequent the lounges, which we didn't before, since Mo didn't like them.

• Like 15

42 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I remember when Susan would think that 14 days was too long.  Now, since things have been going well (knock on wood), she agrees it would be good to get away for a while.  We had considered doing a VIRBO for the one week, but the cruise was cheaper, and it has food included. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that we will miss more of winter.

Yes I have.  She is staying at her parents house, about an hour from Kingston.  They had some water coming in around the newly installed windows, so they spent the night of the hurricane trying to stay ahead of that.  She sent a picture of one good size tree in their front yard that was split in two.  Other than that, they fared well.

A woman from Jamaica works at the hospital. She has been trying to call her mother back on the island but apparently they have no electricity or cell service.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A woman from Jamaica works at the hospital. She has been trying to call her mother back on the island but apparently they have no electricity or cell service.

It probably depends on what part.  I know they were without electric during the storm.