Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Ugh!!! It's hot here in the house. We haven't had power since about 9 this morning. We're having a Tesla Power Wall installed. Most of the time there's only been 1 worker. When he is done we still have to wait for the inspector until the power can be done. All we have is my little USB fan that I bring on cruises. 🥵

• Like 6

We went to Costco yesterday for a few things. Mike says he's going to go to the T-Mobil kiosk. Ok, no problem. He is taking forever, so I decide to sit in their furniture. Just as I sit down he texts saying he's getting a new phone. I didn't even know he was looking at phones.

Me - OK I'll be waiting back here.

Mike - Do you want one also.

Me - No, mine is good.

Mike - It has a much better camera.

Me - I'll be right up. 😁

I don't think our phones are very old and the last time we had upgraded we had either the S7 or S8 and we upgraded to the S20 FE, so we usually keep them a while. Now we will be getting the Galaxy S24 Ultra. Turns out Mike's wasn't holding a charge very well so he wanted a new one. I hope the camera is worth me getting a new one since I really don't need one. Costco used to have the phones there, but now we have to wait till they are shipped. At least they will be in before our cruise.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We went to Costco yesterday for a few things. Mike says he's going to go to the T-Mobil kiosk. Ok, no problem. He is taking forever, so I decide to sit in their furniture. Just as I sit down he texts saying he's getting a new phone. I didn't even know he was looking at phones.

Me - No, mine is good.

Me - I'll be right up. 😁

I don't think our phones are very old and the last time we had upgraded we had either the S7 or S8 and we upgraded to the S20 FE, so we usually keep them a while. Now we will be getting the Galaxy S24 Ultra. Turns out Mike's wasn't holding a charge very well so he wanted a new one. I hope the camera is worth me getting a new one since I really don't need one. Costco used to have the phones there, but now we have to wait till they are shipped. At least they will be in before our cruise.

I bet you will love the S24 Ultra!  I have the S21 Ultra and love it.  When I got it I told people I got a new camera with phone function. 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I am excited to see the Utopia. She will be in Nassau when we will be there on Celebrity Reflection in some days.

Even more excited if by chance I bump into some people who I believe are on Utopia.😀

If we cruise, Utopia will be what we board.  We will need to decide in the next few days. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm a fan of heat and humidity. I have no problem biking when both are high. I don't like it when I have a lot of clothing on though.

This made me remember my trip to Cambodia.  Everyday was over 100⁰ and many locals wore long sleeves.  I was told they don't like sun on their skin.

image.thumb.png.1d1c616a9c6e093584043f0a902af2bf.png

image.thumb.png.ecb433a8edb7a35b587ed32896d323b5.png

image.thumb.png.067687c7acf21b81b347c9c02e32c342.png

And 3 on a scooter/motorcycle was not uncommon. 

image.thumb.png.c1459626a8b2dda7db4d199bac7cd95b.png

image.thumb.png.ff0dd90aa2a91ee2e4a89b81c7e82bde.png

image.thumb.png.0dee9a64bd0d25c6083d139236286127.png

image.thumb.png.b420272f9b8a58c9cd518f39c320fec0.png

image.thumb.png.bbad59437c20ede98539c9d96d774b39.png

Also many places translated things to English. Sometimes not perfect. I think it's crab pizza.   😆 

image.thumb.png.ed707d65413ef16cc2ffecf0e1d912e0.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Me - No, mine is good.

Me - I'll be right up. 😁

I think you will love the camera. I have the S22 and I don't even take my stand alone camera with me pretty much anywhere.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Beryl really hit Texas hard.  My brother is about 30 minutes from Houston and has no power. He said he never saw a storm this bad except maybe Ike.

I have a brother outside of Houston too.  He lost power early yesterday morning but he has a whole house generator.  He has taken some friends in who have damage and he is also running power to his neighbors, so at least they have their refrigerators. He said they had winds over 70 mph but his house did alright.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

ok, so this is strange, because it did not have a lock code.  I didn’t know you could even do that. It did fully charge, and it seems to work.

Anyhow, I was able to go to settings and found the email address for their Apple ID.   Sent him an email to let him know I found it.  Just waiting to hear from him at this point.  

It is an Apple Watch SE second generation.

That's classy of you.☺️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I am excited to see the Utopia. She will be in Nassau when we will be there on Celebrity Reflection in some days.

Even more excited if by chance I bump into some people who I believe are on Utopia.😀

I can give you a first hand look in this many days. 

IMG_1773.thumb.jpeg.e2a22b98c537e85dbcd2b211d29e7502.jpeg

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I can give you a first hand look in this many days. 

IMG_1773.thumb.jpeg.e2a22b98c537e85dbcd2b211d29e7502.jpeg

The sad part about this picture is that in 24 days it will already be August. Summer goes by so fast.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

The sad part about this picture is that in 24 days it will already be August. Summer goes by so fast.

And after that and Disney, it will be time for our grandson to go back to California. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oy... I can stand the heat, but the humidity is killing me... Hopefully you have AC.

Ours is working non-stop....

The heat and humidity is so oppressive here....aargh!!🥺  Thank goodness for AC!!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! So this means we may have met before!!!!!!

I remember the over flowing meet and greet in the dining room, we had horse racing on deck with Kyle the Cruise Director, that lady in the mermaid outfit, oh it was great!
Hearing about Sandy was frightening. I think we were docking in Curacao when the news came out. Captain had set up a conference room for people to call home.

You aren't kidding about the over flowing meet and greet!  Everyone was lovely and so friendly.

We were not aware of the conference room set up to call home🤔  I just remember that we couldn't contact any of our 3 daughters, one on Staten Island (they also didn't have any power), one in New Jersey, and one in Connecticut.  Our traveling buddies were able to contact their daughter, though.

I can't wait to see you in person, Arzeena!  Debbie, too, since the 3 of us never did get together before you moved to Florida.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

ok, so this is strange, because it did not have a lock code.  I didn’t know you could even do that. It did fully charge, and it seems to work.

Anyhow, I was able to go to settings and found the email address for their Apple ID.   Sent him an email to let him know I found it.  Just waiting to hear from him at this point.  

It is an Apple Watch SE second generation.

You're a good man, Mark, trying to track the owner down.🥰

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If we cruise, Utopia will be what we board.  We will need to decide in the next few days. 

Here's hoping, John!!!🤞🙏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

Sue & Gary, enjoy your long awaited part of the world cruise 😘.

Some musings and pics will be greatly appreciated 😎

@sgmn  +1  Have the best time!! Bon Voyage!🛳️

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The sun setting last night close to midnight.

IMG_5496.thumb.jpeg.b75f65be4c5c02d88266ddb447a534dd.jpeg

IMG_5512.thumb.jpeg.d23abfee0ea81c7ab02e8d3ef5df973d.jpeg

On our way to Honningsvag, Norway, which is situated above the Arctic Circle.

There is no sunset but a sunrise at midnight.  It does not get dark here.

Tonight’s Midnight Sun

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.2300c4b6e8c2fc8631f52aa2f1f1adbc.jpeg

IMG_5551.thumb.jpeg.6c3629c5046dfe5210706eee1c4eb98c.jpeg

Hi Helen and Marty!  Love the pictures!  What ship are the two of you on?🛳️

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The sun setting last night close to midnight.

IMG_5496.thumb.jpeg.b75f65be4c5c02d88266ddb447a534dd.jpeg

IMG_5512.thumb.jpeg.d23abfee0ea81c7ab02e8d3ef5df973d.jpeg

On our way to Honningsvag, Norway, which is situated above the Arctic Circle.

There is no sunset but a sunrise at midnight.  It does not get dark here.

Tonight’s Midnight Sun

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.2300c4b6e8c2fc8631f52aa2f1f1adbc.jpeg

IMG_5551.thumb.jpeg.6c3629c5046dfe5210706eee1c4eb98c.jpeg

What ship are you sailing?

I'm a longtime occasional poster on the Friends of Bella thread. I see it has moved on and most everyone is posting here I hope you don't mind.  We probably won't cruise anymore due to my DH's health condition but I miss reading about it and everyone else's cruises.

It's hot here in Michigan now and we are supposed to get torrential rain and flooding tonight from Beryl. We have a small creek at the back of our property I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get too close to our house.

I went from a S10 to a new S23+ in January and I love it.

I love everyone's pictures of cruises, land vacations, kids, dogs, cats and whatever. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1