Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

That would be a interesting place for me to visit. I love this idea too. Thanks. I'd love gold coins!   🎊

Every coin is sold with a Certificate of Authenicity.The mint is actually called the Bermuda Monetary Authority.It is located in Hamilton.

When we returned to the ship we went to Guest Services and requested that they put the items in their safe rather than the cabin safe.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for thinking about us Dani when you are going through so may issues in your country. Our area in central FL is Ok. We had rain and a bit of wind.
I am hoping Karen @Keksie is fine. I know she lives somewhere north west of FL.
Dani, you please be safe there. I always think about you.🙏

We are completely out of the path.  Not even any rain.  I am actually on the way to Texas to visit an old friend .  I was praying for Dani and her country this morning.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Of course, @Keksie.

I was sure I'll forget at least 2-3 of our Floridian friends....☹️

Thank you for worrying about us.  I hope everyone else is staying safe and that you and your country is safe.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MJSailors said:

My DH and I were talking about our honeymoon trip to Bermuda in 1983 this morning.

We enjoyed that visit so much, we vacationed there 13 times with our last visit on a Celebrity cruise in June of 2023 for our 40th anniversary.

We took cruises to Bermuda and also had resort stays at the Elbow Beach hotel and the Southampton Princess-the big pink hotel up on the hill.

We felt that Bermuda was our secind home. 
We also used busses and the ferries to get around the islands that make up Bermuda and agree with others posting here that it is a great way to see the various neighborhoods, sites and water views.

At the Dockyard, there are usually a line of cabs available to take you to destinations or to offer sightseeing tours. We have always found the cab drivers to be professional and friendly with clean, comfortable cabs-usually van type vehicles.

Over the past 40 years, we have noticed changes-some hotels , shops and restaurants that were there when we first visited are gone or have changed ownership/management.

We always enjoyed shopping in Hamilton at Trimingham’s store and having tea and scones in their upstairs cafe.

We purchased some fine linens at the Irish Linen Shop and some decorative housewares at Bluck’s. All

those stores are gone now, replaced with financial companies.

What hasn’t changed are the beautiful beaches, turquoise water and stunning views.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

In 1973 we spent a day at the Hamilton Princess Hotel.It was a pink building with pink sand on their beach.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

They checked her for pneumonia.  She didn't have it.  She has been to the emergency room and urgent care many times over the last several months.   Last month she was diagnosed with RSV.  They are saying her lungs are still weak from it.  They let her go home a little after noon today. 

They want her to blow bubbles and on pinwheels to strengthen the lungs.  She will be seeing a Pulmonologest.

Hopefully she will be fine very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news this afternoon ship security got our stolen magnet back I know not a big thing but to our grandson on the spectrum he is very happy. All magnets are on inside of doors now. Also they have found the mocha so everything is good now...lol

20240805_144251.jpg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for thinking about us Dani when you are going through so may issues in your country. Our area in central FL is Ok. We had rain and a bit of wind.
I am hoping Karen @Keksie is fine. I know she lives somewhere north west of FL.
Dani, you please be safe there. I always think about you.🙏

Let me add my thanks also Dani.  Very caring of you.  Not much happening here either.  It was raining early but hasn't rained for a couple of hours.  It's a little windy at about 30 mph, but that's not even enough to bring down any significant branches...just some twigs and spanish moss in the street.  I think the Georgia and Carolina coasts will get it worse than us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few photos from the around the pool today. These hydrangeas are between 12-14’ tall. 

IMG_6073.thumb.jpeg.0453673a518e7eee2c403b21d5fdb865.jpeg

IMG_6074.thumb.jpeg.295704a914098fa1cb63410e1182af94.jpeg

IMG_6076.thumb.jpeg.29e3a8f22af7c5ba9b9cde82eeb89a66.jpeg

IMG_6077.thumb.jpeg.3c9cdb5c35ee2e51861d9f5937947c08.jpeg

IMG_6075.thumb.jpeg.65759825192a7ed03973bcecd271a5dd.jpeg

IMG_6078.thumb.jpeg.c9739500fc6c18051a2915fda25605a0.jpeg

IMG_6080.thumb.jpeg.1baea540f0b8abde764ef6a0e52fe1f2.jpeg

Beautiful pictures of your many flowers, Andrew!  I absolutely love the Black-eye Susans, and have them growing and multiplying in the oval on our front yard.  We grew them in our front yard in front of our porch on Staten Island, and many beautiful pictures of our grandchildren were taken in front of them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Good news this afternoon ship security got our stolen magnet back I know not a big thing but to our grandson on the spectrum he is very happy. All magnets are on inside of doors now. Also they have found the mocha so everything is good now...lol

20240805_144251.jpg

Oh happy days!  I'm so glad that your grandson's magnet was returned!!!!  Also great news that the mocha has been found, which has made Grandma a happy cruiser!🥰

• Like 1

Good to hear that all of our Dani Florida Peeps have fared well and have not had to suffer the wrath of storm Debby.  My family in Sarasota, Jacksonville, and Kissimmee, as well as my friends in Naples and Venice are all good.😉  A friend of mine in Albany, Georgia, is concerned....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hey guys....how do I cancel my 3 night dining package, so that I can buy it at a cheaper price?

Never mind....I just noticed that the offer does not include the gratuities, so it's not a cheaper price after all..it comes to the same price I paid back in April😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Granddaughter is currently in emergency room awaiting results of many tests🙏

Oh no, Marietta!  I am so sorry.  This has to be so frightening for your granddaughter, your daughter, and you and Charlie, as well.  Prayers that they find answers, and that your granddaughter is taken care of promptly, and can start getting better once they find answers. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oh no, Marietta.  I hope they can figure out what is going on with her soon.  

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no, Marietta!  I am so sorry.  This has to be so frightening for your granddaughter, your daughter, and you and Charlie, as well.  Prayers that they find answers, and that your granddaughter is taken care of promptly, and can start getting better once they find answers. 🙏🙏🙏

+ 3  😢  🙏  Marietta @DaniDanielle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

So sorry to hear this. I hope she will be ok and have a full recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1