Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, George C said:

Our sometimes monsters our 6 months old today, never had more active kittens, but loads of fun , they follow Shelagh everywhere. We will make another attempt to take Loki for his second set of shots Friday, not sure of the odds are on success.

image.thumb.jpeg.9ea114071e91560d5ce04569cf2f717f.jpeg

Boy they have grown!

• Like 2

I know I need a cruise, when I was dreaming about cruising last night.

So what to do?  I got up this morning and booked an experience on our upcoming Sun Princess cruise.

Spellbound by Magic Castle is a very limited, almost private experience, limited to two groups of 30 each evening.  So for the drink connoisseurs here, which of these drinks would be your choice to try out?

IMG_7381.jpeg.dd2a896f717abf7f91b472d61e0a0035.jpeg

I have three or four that are on my must try list.  I hear they have pretty heavy pours, so I am not sure I can try all twelve, although they say you can since it is all included in the experience.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I know I need a cruise, when I was dreaming about cruising last night.

So what to do?  I got up this morning and booked an experience on our upcoming Sun Princess cruise.

Spellbound by Magic Castle is a very limited, almost private experience, limited to two groups of 30 each evening.  So for the drink connoisseurs here, which of these drinks would be your choice to try out?

IMG_7381.jpeg.dd2a896f717abf7f91b472d61e0a0035.jpeg

I have three or four that are on my must try list.  I hear they have pretty heavy pours, so I am not sure I can try all twelve, although they say you can since it is all included in the experience.

The Isabella and Irma both sound very good to me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's 47 days until our Nov. 3rd cruise and I still can't book entertainment.  I get a message that they're working on entertainment shows and that I need to check back closer to sail date.  I was able to book shows for our Oct. 27 cruise over a month ago.  I even called RCI and was told they see nothing listed for entertainment yet.  Huh???

They might be trying to book a different headliner due to schedule changes, etc.  And some of the other shows' timing might be dependent upon when the (new) headliner has availability.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George C said:

Our sometimes monsters our 6 months old today, never had more active kittens, but loads of fun , they follow Shelagh everywhere. We will make another attempt to take Loki for his second set of shots Friday, not sure of the odds are on success.

Too bad Vets don't make house calls.  It sure would make life easier for you all!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That's cool!  How are you, Debbie?  How is Eric doing?

Thank you for asking.  We are both doing good.  I'm sad summer is coming to an end and cannot wait to get back to LBI.  House is rented up through Chowderfest.  

Have you ever been to Chowderfest?  Lots of fun but very crowded.

I was happy to read your GS is doing well adjusting to life with diabetes.  That's Great!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

Yes , if we can get him to vet he will not need another visit for a year. 

Just tell him that.  

After Minnie had her cancerous growth removed last year I was told she needed to drink water within two days or I’d have to bring her back.  She was so out of it from anesthesia that her first night home she walked over to her water dish…and walked into it and just stood there.  No drinking.  The next day when she still hadn’t drunk any water I told her “If you don’t drink water today I’m going to have to take you back to the vet’s.”  Two minutes later George said “Look!”  She was drinking out of the water bowl.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

My favorite dessert 

20240917_171050.thumb.jpg.0af65af8a4096f1331923034b7bbc147.jpg

@Keksie your meals look delicious.  What is this dessert please?

Also, I got excited seeing teeny bits of ice floating by in Glacier Bay NP.  I would be so excited to see a large iceberg like you both were photographed next to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Too bad Vets don't make house calls.  It sure would make life easier for you all!!

We do have Mobil vets in our area but it’s still the problem of catching him so vet can give him the shots even in our house, never had a issue like this with other kittens in the past , he is better but still a strange kitten. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Keksie your meals look delicious.  What is this dessert please?

Also, I got excited seeing teeny bits of ice floating by in Glacier Bay NP.  I would be so excited to see a large iceberg like you both were photographed next to.

The dessert is the sesame balls with red bean paste.  Not super sweet but just right.  

The icebergs are amazing.  Some were huge and each one was different.  This was my favorite.

20240914_161508.thumb.jpg.a96ee04a58a20916f779e3da704de44b.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, George C said:

We do have Mobil vets in our area but it’s still the problem of catching him so vet can give him the shots even in our house, never had a issue like this with other kittens in the past , he is better but still a strange kitten. 

He's not strange he just knows what he wants and doesn't want.  It's stressful for All.

I have been known to trick a cat to get into their carrier by dangling a favorite toy at the entrance and putting a snack treat inside.   

I try to make the process fun.   

If he likes boxes, maybe get him to play in a box with carrier out of sight then swiftly get him in carrier.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, George C said:

Good morning, May I suggest you get some Feliway calming spray. You spray it on a towel that you can wrap the kitten in and inside the carrier. My vet uses it in the office. 
It’s available online and in pet stores.

• Like 4

IMG_0079.thumb.jpeg.a2d75cd3eab43ebd9b876c95a8ec6d7f.jpeg

It’s the 30 day mark for our cruise on Navigator. I woke up and saw that I can now print cruise docs and luggage tags which is my favorite sign that I am getting close.

My live review should start around October 15. Does anyone have questions or suggestions on what they would like me to cover?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Isabella and Irma both sound very good to me.

Those looked good to me, as well as the 1963, Open Sesame, Smoke & Mirrors, Escape from Houdini’s Chest, and The Artemis.  

Got my work cut out for me.  😁

• Like 1