Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Same here. While it is far from reality on a cruise ship (example the doc’s cabin) I take it for what it is a fictional tv show. I’ll give it a season to see if it improves. The guy that created it is the same guy behind the show 911 whose latest episode is about a swarm of killer bees and abeenado. My expectations are already low.

We like the characters on 911, but I don't know how much longer we can watch, I swear the situations get more & more ridiculous all the time. I mentioned this before, but last season had the 3 part with the cruise ship sinking. Just like what I've seen said about Dr. Odyssey, the person who wrote that and the set designers have never stepped foot on a cruise ship. Hell, I doubt they've even seen a picture of anything except the outside profile of a cruise ship. The pool scenes look like they were shot at a nearby hotel, and the whole situation was so unrealistic. Our Hokey-meters went off the scale.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Where did you stay. I just started to look for this time next year. A hotel near the airport is safe as I'm worried my tracfone wouldnt work to call uber unless I add an international card. Airport hotels have shuttles but i guess I'd still have to call.  Seemed like all of Ken's people added the leg from Vancouver to calif and calif to ft Lauderdale..so yesterday i did too, as the hurricane came in lol. 

Sorry Jane, I didn’t stay in Vancouver.   I was on the ship as I am doing a B2B.

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So far, every one of my family and friends have fared well ...thank goodness, with regard to Helene.  

My Aunt and Uncle in Sarasota, who have their Condo at the very end of the Causeway, have lost their two cars due to the surge, nothing more, which is amazing, due to the horrific devastation caused by this event.    

Everyone we know in Florida fared well also.    Glad to hear your condo is ok.   We checked in with Eric's Cousin and our friends in Clearwater yesterday and they were spared.   They had some brief power outages but no damage.   My Boss who has a house in Cape Coral said their road had some flooding but only made it up their driveway a couple of feet and their boat looked to be fine as well.   He did say that noone in his block can say the same.    Some people down the street that recently finished repairs to their homes from last year's hurricane Ian were once again flooded.

The devastation in so many states is so very sad and last I heard there is 52 people who died and millions with no electricity.   😪

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

That's hotels . com price. $399 and up. With my silver discount and vip pkg. Direct with no perks the cheapest is $443. I cant yet see on Priceline who shows prices same as airlines about 11 months out. Expedia and hotels , com the same and show further out than most sites. Both are quoted in American dollars.

I have a while to look. This hotel claims to be the top hotel in north vancouver, the Pinnacle hotel. They will give me a even bigger discount. Oddly enough only 1 room isnt marked sold out. Maybe selling out because of the huge discounts?

Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier

Exceptional

1,305 reviews

Harbor views and rooftop serenity

Overlooking the stunning harbor, this elegant hotel offers a serene escape with easy access to vibrant shops and dining options. Unwind in the rooftop pool with breathtaking views, savor exquisite dishes at the on-site restaurant, and enjoy the comfort of impeccably clean rooms.

Silver member benefits at this VIP Access stay
  • Bonus OneKeyCash at this VIP Access property
  • Save 15% or more when you book this stay
  • 20% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (once per day)

Superior Room, 1 King Bed, View (Partial Harbourview)

9.69.6 out of 10
Exceptional
8 reviews
(8 reviews)
  •  
    20% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (once per stay)
  •  
    Free WiFi
  •  
    Sleeps 2
  •  
    1 King Bed
  •  
    Partial ocean view
  •  
    Harbor view
More detailsMore details for Superior Room, 1 King Bed, View (Partial Harbourview)
Earn $11.06 in OneKeyCash
Silver Price $123 off
The price is $368
$368
The price was $491
$491
$427 total
includes taxes & fees
Price details

We have stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle hotel every time we have sailed from Vancouver, it is across the street from the Pinnacle Hotel.  They are very close to the cruise port, walkable with no luggage, but we always get a taxi to the port for around $10.  People do walk with luggage but not how I want to start my cruise.  It is in a nice, safe area with gorgeous views of the harbor.  

• Like 3

Does anyone know how to link reservations on the app.  I just booked a cruise for the family (3 cabins) and want to link us up so I can make all the other reservations we need.  Excursions etc.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Everyone we know in Florida fared well also.    Glad to hear your condo is ok.   We checked in with Eric's Cousin and our friends in Clearwater yesterday and they were spared.   They had some brief power outages but no damage.   My Boss who has a house in Cape Coral said their road had some flooding but only made it up their driveway a couple of feet and their boat looked to be fine as well.   He did say that noone in his block can say the same.    Some people down the street that recently finished repairs to their homes from last year's hurricane Ian were once again flooded.

The devastation in so many states is so very sad and last I heard there is 52 people who died and millions with no electricity.   😪

I had not heard that so many have lost their lives.  How tragic.😔

That's a shame for the people on you boss's block who finished repairs from the last hurricane.  Ft.Myers took a hit also;  it's a mess there. again.  We drove around there after the hurricane two years ago, and there was so much devastation that we witnessed, and now they have to go through it again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

We like the characters on 911, but I don't know how much longer we can watch, I swear the situations get more & more ridiculous all the time. I mentioned this before, but last season had the 3 part with the cruise ship sinking. Just like what I've seen said about Dr. Odyssey, the person who wrote that and the set designers have never stepped foot on a cruise ship. Hell, I doubt they've even seen a picture of anything except the outside profile of a cruise ship. The pool scenes look like they were shot at a nearby hotel, and the whole situation was so unrealistic. Our Hokey-meters went off the scale.

They say it’s a luxury liner and some indoor scenes reminded me of the Queen Mary 2 where even dogs get their own area .  It’s fiction and probably getting some backing from the cruise lines to entice people to cruise. No one has mentioned the fictional passengers who are nearly all young , pretty , handsome, thin and vivacious. Where are the gray haired folks ? 

My hubby is from St Paul . My SIL attended the Central High school reunion a week ago and both she and her spouse have a very bad case of Covid . She was treated at the Mayo Clinic.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Haha 1

playing catch up as usual.  Michters & Ginger Ale w/ Luxardo cherry for me.  DW is going with Buffalo Trace & the Dr Pepper Coconut flavor  😳.  

Got a brisket flat marinating for smoking tomorrow while watching football.  Ideal sunday right there.  

Put in an order for Old Fitzgerald 8 yr bottled in bond this week.  Hope it goes through.  Not a given with PA state liquor website.

IMG_4079.thumb.jpeg.47406a8a6cc68065adef216df575966b.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I had not heard that so many have lost their lives.  How tragic.😔

That's a shame for the people on you boss's block who finished repairs from the last hurricane.  Ft.Myers took a hit also;  it's a mess there. again.  We drove around there after the hurricane two years ago, and there was so much devastation that we witnessed, and now they have to go through it again.  

I know a lot of places got hit bad in Florida  but I am hearing a lot of the deaths are from North Carolina.  Entire towns have been wiped out due to the flooding.  Have seen pictures of Chimney Rock's main street before and after, sad.  Asheville is cut off as many of the highways are washed out.  Hearing they don't even know the magnitude as power is out and communications are limited.  Hearing conflicting stories on Biltmore, their website says closed for next 2 days but check back, they are just outside Asheville.  Overall sad situation in the mountains of NC.  Unfortunately hurricanes can impact many miles inland.

Edited by akcruz