Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, George C said:

There weren’t that many LPs by him in 1983 maybe 6 ?

My best friend was crazy about sprinsteen and used to play non stop when we were teenagers into early 20s.   I had overload of him and didnt care to listen to him for many years.  I will listen to him but only a few songs.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

On the musical theme, the best concert I was ever at was "The Who" Vancouver 1989. 

This is just the audio but it was neat to listen to knowing I was there.

I cut school to go see the who in the mid 80s.  I knew I would be in big trouble but definitely was worth it!  Great show

Second attempt at post.

First one lost with the recent black out of CC

So we saw Stevie Nicks in concert at the indoor Covelli Center in Youngstown Ohio

She was phenomenal and a sold out venue.

So many ladies dressed in their finest Stevie wear.

It had to be the best concert I ever attended.

The air well, let us just say um some of the finest cannabis filled the air.

I reaked of it when I got home and I never smoked a joint in my life, too afraid with random drug screening where I work.  I was selected twice in my 40++ career and passed both times.

Damn the odds were good I should have partaken............nah, with my luck I would have been busted.

Maybe that is why I thought it was the best concert.

Stay healthy

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I posted earlier on this thread about my friend David who is a Deadhead.David knows more about Rock Music than anybody I have ever known.His wife grew up in the Salt Lake City area and knew nothing about rock music till she met David.

A group of good friends and I traveled to many different venues in several states to see the Dead.  One of our best was a new years eve show.  I liked when they played the smaller venues.  Saw several of Jerry's acoustic shows as that was my husband's favorite.  I preferred when we saw them as a group.

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Second attempt at post.

So we saw Stevie Nicks in concert at the indoor Covelli Center in Youngstown Ohio

I reaked of it when I got home and I never smoked a joint in my life, too afraid with random drug screening where I work.  I was selected twice in my 40++ career and passed both times.

Damn the odds were good I should have partaken............nah, with my luck I would have been busted.

Stay healthy

Was drug testing mandatory  or could you refuse it ?

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Second attempt at post.

Stay healthy

The "stuff" in the air would have ruined it for me no matter how much I like Stevie.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A group of good friends and I traveled to many different venues in several states to see the Dead.  One of our best was a new years eve show.  I liked when they played the smaller venues.  Saw several of Jerry's acoustic shows as that was my husband's favorite.  I preferred when we saw them as a group.

I never traveled to another state to see a concert .I grew up in NYC and there were so many places to see concerts .I did travel with friends to Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Mets and come home the same night of the game.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never traveled to another state to see a concert .I grew up in NYC and there were so many places to see concerts .I did travel with friends to Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Mets and come home the same night of the game.

We traveled to several states along the east coast as well as Ca and red rocks in co to see the dead.  I'm located in bucks county, pa and have driven or train to nyc many times for concerts.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We traveled to several states along the east coast as well as Ca and red rocks in co to see the dead.  I'm located in bucks county, pa and have driven or train to nyc many times for concerts.

i have been going to concerts from 1960 to 2015.I have been to hundreds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Surprisingly, for me at least because it wasn't really in my wheelhouse at the time, but Rod Stewart in 1990 was an amazing concert.  Amazing performance.

My first rock festival, Reading Festival 1973 o saw Rod Stewart and the faces 

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

i have been going to concerts from 1960 to 2015.I have been to hundreds.

I wasnt born till the late 60s.  My first concert in the 70s when I was 8 yrs old was The Osmonds at the Great Allentown Fair.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wasnt born till the late 60s.  My first concert in the 70s when I was 8 yrs old was The Osmonds at the Great Allentown Fair.  

By the late 60’s I was finished with academic pursuits and married.

I worked next door to Max’s Kansas City and within walking distance of several music venues. I went to the Allentown Fair in 1985.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

By the late 60’s I was finished with academic pursuits and married.

I worked next door to Max’s Kansas City and within walking distance of several music venues. I went to the Allentown Fair in 1985.

I have seen many good shows at allentown fair.  

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I will probably be thrown off the thread for saying this but, to me, Springsteen always seems like he is over singing everything. I was at the Stone Pony once and there was some rumor that he was going to show up. It didn't happen.

He is like Dylan in that he can’t sing, but at least unlike Dylan he didn’t quit trying

• Like 1

I did, Chicken lettuce wraps, Orange chicken and Mongolian beef.  It's not real Chinese food but I love anyways. 🙂 

So, next time, the Mongolian beef and the General Tsao’s Chicken, made with shrimp instead of chicken.... it is killer.

Trust me on this one.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have socks older than you 😁😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On the musical theme, the best concert I was ever at was "The Who" Vancouver 1989. 

This is just the audio but it was neat to listen to knowing I was there.

My favorite band of all time, along with Peter Gabriel Genesis, and the Moody Blues. I have seen them about 8 times.... last time, I think was 2014, they were doing the entire Quadrophenia album... saw them in Tulsa at the BOK in about the 8th row.  Great show, Peter no longer has a great voice, his brother was playing, they did a video montage of Keith and John, doing their thing.  Roger still mostly sounded good, but nothing like the old days.  It was a great show.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

He is like Dylan in that he can’t sing, but at least unlike Dylan he didn’t quit trying

He has had a never ending tour forever , what I love was how much Dylan loved Sinatra music and it was mutual, Sinatra liked what Dylan did for his comeback tour and did the same Dylan talks about Sinatra inviting him to his house.

• Like 2