Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I had not really given a thought to how many inside cats exist across the world.   I don’t feel so bad for mine now.  

This one is so little, looks just like yours in your picture.    She has been with us for 36 hours and already comes to see me if I call her name!    At least we have something special happening this week.  We would normally have been travelling to Barcelona for a Western Med cruise on the Epic.   I am going to spending the whole week thinking ‘today I would be boarding’, ‘today we would have been at sea’, today we would be in Naples’ ...  

I wonder if we will ever go again.  

6CF687E9-FF54-452D-9EFF-F47C60C5BAB9.jpeg

Beautiful Kitten.  Indoor cats live longer and are healthier than their outdoor cousins.  Sorry you missed your Barcelona cruise.  I guess we have to be hopeful that better days are coming... it's just a matter of when.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The last stray we took in started scratching on a corner of a leather sofa. We bought a scratching post and put it up against the corner. Problem solved. When the post is moved around the living room she will seek it out to scratch on it.

I have scratching posts as well.  The cats enjoy them.  But my nubby tweed sofa is evidently more cat appealing than your leather one....

• Haha 2

1. Miss Scarlet (because she is a sweet and sassy southern Belle) and her friend Mr. Mango, getting ready for another paddle adventure around Marathon Key Florida.  2. Paddling out into the Gulf of Mexico near Marathon.  3. Bucky showing off. 😉 

20201030_102641.jpg

20201031_105543.jpg

20201031_105552.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, island lady said:

1. Miss Scarlet (because she is a sweet and sassy southern Belle) and her friend Mr. Mango, getting ready for another paddle adventure around Marathon Key Florida.  2. Paddling out into the Gulf of Mexico near Marathon.  3. Bucky showing off. 😉 

You guys are like a beer commercial come to life.  Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Domino D said:

Should have been clearer.  Where you guys are now, is the closest I've seen to what it's like on a cruise.  

Cheers to you both, enjoy those sunsets for me.  Were cleaning up hurricane debris in the yard. 

Hope Bucky did a termite check on that log.

Oh wow...sorry about the hurricane.  You guys can't seem to catch a break over there!  😞  

Old telephone pole he is sitting on...termites have been gagged to death on creosote chemicals.  😉  

Just now, island lady said:

Oh wow...sorry about the hurricane.  You guys can't seem to catch a break over there!  😞  

Old telephone pole he is sitting on...termites have been gagged to death on creosote chemicals.  😉  

Yes, 2020 the year that just keeps giving.

Thank heaven for creosote.  Now the concern is getting that off his clothes, looks like it has soaked into the wood  though.  When we were kids, we lived near railroad tracks.  We played there a lot, because you know we were told not hang out there.  Always had that all over our clothes. 

5 minutes ago, Domino D said:

You guys are like a beer commercial come to life.  Enjoy.

I tripped over some sea grass when I dragged Miss Scarlet up the ramp on the way back, luckily plenty of "padding" on the backend fall, but still hit hard on the concrete ramp.  😉 

Was happy to get a glass of wine with lunch when we returned.  😄  🍷  A bit sore right now...Beer wouldn't cut it.  😉 

5 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Uh oh!  Put the blankets on the orange trees.  Florida is dipping into the 40's.

Picture quoted because I couldn't figure out how else to quote a post that is only a picture.   

Not down here in the Keys..looking at outside temp right now...87 degrees in the shade!  😮 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Yes, 2020 the year that just keeps giving.

Thank heaven for creosote.  Now the concern is getting that off his clothes, looks like it has soaked into the wood  though.  When we were kids, we lived near railroad tracks.  We played there a lot, because you know we were told not hang out there.  Always had that all over our clothes. 

LOL...yup...same thing.  Stuff is nasty..and very toxic.   

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I tripped over some sea grass when I dragged Miss Scarlet up the ramp on the way back, luckily plenty of "padding" on the backend fall, but still hit hard on the concrete ramp.  😉 

Was happy to get a glass of wine with lunch when we returned.  😄  🍷  A bit sore right now...Beer wouldn't cut it.  😉 

Ouch.  They would have edited that out of the commercial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Something I regularly say, "and for my next act..." 🍷😉

• Like 1

Just announced that from Thursday November 5th England are put in a 4 week lockdown.

Pubs, restaurants,non essential shops are closed and overnight stays, foreign travel forbidden.☹️☹️😷😷

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just announced that from Thursday November 5th England are put in a 4 week lockdown.

I know it sucks, since we're now "exiting" gradually from the 2nd 6 weeks long lockdown.

Sadly, it's not a solution, but it works.... we're more than 9000 cases daily, we're now at around 700-900.

It's like not traveling by car -- no cars, no road accidents.

I'm sure in no time at all we'll be back in another lock down. The moment the numbers drop, people start doing big weddings, not following the rules, etc. Part of the schools will open tomorrow..... 

Perpetuum mobile 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I know it sucks, since we're now "exiting" gradually from the 2nd 6 weeks long lockdown.

Sadly, it's not a solution, but it works.... we're more than 9000 cases daily, we're now at around 700-900.

It's like not traveling by car -- no cars, no road accidents.

I'm sure in no time at all we'll be back in another lock down. The moment the numbers drop, people start doing big weddings, not following the rules, etc. Part of the schools will open tomorrow..... 

Perpetuum mobile 😢

21,915 covid19 cases 326 deaths yesterday in England.

Sorry to hear you are in your second lockdown too.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Perpetuum mobile 😢

Sadly, this is "human nature."  Doctors will often remind patients to take all their medicine and not stop when they begin to feel better.  Of course, there are also those who will refuse to take any medicine.  The difference here is that their indifference affects those around them, sometimes in deadly fashion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

21,915 covid19 cases 326 deaths yesterday in England.

Sorry to hear you are in your second lockdown too.

Graham.

Hey Graham, do you play Fantasy Premier League Football?  It relieves some of the stress.

• Like 1