Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree.

I have said on a number of threads and to family and friends that I have had covid19 and it was awful and implore people to have the vaccine.

Graham, so glad you recovered completely.  What an awful experience.

I just saw a picture of a man in the hospital with tubes up his nose with the caption that he would rather be in his position with covid than to get the vaccine.  Couldn't believe it and could not and would not read the story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just saw a picture of a man in the hospital with tubes up his nose with the caption that he would rather be in his position with covid than to get the vaccine.  Couldn't believe it and could not and would not read the story.

Thank you Bonnie.

@grapau27   I really love your pictures from your visits to the beach and your trips to nearby locales in England.  Thank you for sharing them with us, especially enjoyable for those like me that have England on our bucket lists.  😊 

During yesterday’s beach trip, I noticed your colorful and portable wind break but never had seen one before ( what a great idea!).  I was thinking that it would be great to have for my trips to southeastern US beaches, especially during the cooler months.  Do they work really well?

-MM

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MissMap said:

@grapau27   I really love your pictures from your visits to the beach and your trips to nearby locales in England.  Thank you for sharing them with us, especially enjoyable for those like me that have England on our bucket lists.  😊 

During yesterday’s beach trip, I noticed your colorful and portable wind break but never had seen one before ( what a great idea!).  I was thinking that it would be great to have for my trips to southeastern US beaches, especially during the cooler months.  Do they work really well?

-MM

Thank you for your nice words.

Yes the wind breaks work very well plus they give you some privacy on the beach as well.

We have a few and had them for 20+ years.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am going to attempt to show you some of the shoes she has done.

Thank you, so beautiful and so talented. I bet the kids loved them.

DH, being from the printing industry, assumes your daughter made the design and had it printed on a "shoes" printer ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My latest go to is Colavita EVOO Premium Italian.  

Thanks for the specific recommendation.  I looked it up, and it passes my test of "oh, that's a pretty label." 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, derorim said:

That's interesting.  I don't see acidity listed on the bottle in my pantry, but will look for that.  

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

That's funny....I did the same thing; went to the cupboard and checked the bottle.  😁

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg, I just did the same before.😁  I dont see any acidity amounted anywhere.

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve never noticed the acidity listed on the bottle. Will have to look for it. 

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So I had to go look . I could not find the acidity listed.  My latest go to is Colavita EVOO Premium Italian.  

OK, so I've raised the "issue" of acidity with the "supreme instance" -- the cook [aka DH].

And he spent the whole morning researching the "subject".

Turns out acidity is an Israeli regulation, mainly due to the fact that we have many manufacturers and "fake" or "mixed" oil was found among them.

There are some regions in Greece which also demand the acidity to be displayed, and also in California.

In US only the very highest price and quality manufacturers display the acidity.

What is important if acidity isn't displayed?

1) Extra virgin oil  2) First cold pressed 3) [aroma/taste] DH prefers "rich"/"robust" to "classic".

Presently in our kitchen --

Inked20210723_105428_LI.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

OK, so I've raised the "issue" of acidity with the "supreme instance" -- the cook [aka DH].

Turns out acidity is an Israeli regulation, mainly due to the fact that we have many manufacturers and "fake" or "mixed" oil was found among them.

There are some regions in Greece which also demand the acidity to be displayed, and also in California.

In US only the very highest price and quality manufacturers display the acidity.

1) Extra virgin oil  2) First cold pressed 3) [aroma/taste] DH prefers "rich"/"robust" to "classic".

Presently in our kitchen --

Inked20210723_105428_LI.jpg

Very interesting Dani.  Thanks for doing the research.  I’ve read that the purest & highest quality olive oils are best  used as a “finishing” oil or for dipping. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

That is horrible to hear this.  I have heard and know from my neighbor who was diagnosed with covid a day or two before his vaccine appt. That some people that have had severe covid end up with long term side effects.  He just might change his tune in the future.

3 hours ago, MissMap said:

During yesterday’s beach trip, I noticed your colorful and portable wind break but never had seen one before 

I was just thinking the same when I opened up this thread,  I really enjoy seeing what you get up to Graham and all the regular contributors too

BTW, wind breaks are really popular on UK beaches, probably because it usually windy 🤣

Nearly every family group on the beach seem to have them, often two or three put together 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

Thank you all for sharing with me all the kind words from all the wedding pictures I posted.

Now, if all goes well today, and in a few hours I will know if our next major undertaking is going to happen.

I have to meet with the powers that be to....................................................

So, send positive thoughts my way.

Could be interesting.

I will update and hopefully share good news.

Sue

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you all for sharing with me all the kind words from all the wedding pictures I posted.

Now, if all goes well today, and in a few hours I will know if our next major undertaking is going to happen.

I have to meet with the powers that be to....................................................

So, send positive thoughts my way.

Could be interesting.

I will update and hopefully share good news.

Sue

Tease.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Lionesss Apologies for being late to the party as work has been overwhelming. That dress is one of the most beautiful wedding dresses I've ever seen. WOW!

@dani negreanu Thank you for teaching me something new today. And those shoes are incredible.

@Ozark_Kid Now I want pizza tonight.

@Luckynana Congrats on a major milestone.

@BonTexasNY I'm jealous you are on 2023 Friends of Bella cruise. I wish I could be with you all.

@grapau27 Graham you have the best life ever. Love your daily excursions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, thanks to you and the "supreme instance" for all the info!  I'm going to keep looking for brands in our stores that show acidity on the label.  I know olive oil is supposed to be good for you, but I really dislike olives and select the mild flavor oil.  I'm not sure if it's as healthy as the rich/robust stuff, though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, so beautiful and so talented. I bet the kids loved them.

DH, being from the printing industry, assumes your daughter made the design and had it printed on a "shoes" printer ?

Actually she does them by hand with markers.  Although I have seen her do artful craft work before, this surprised me.  The ideas she came up with and then to use permanent markers with little room for error.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I had heard of the "fakes" so I tried some California oil.  It was ok but not satisfying  for dipping. I tried the Colavita based on research and reviews. I found that there is the North American Olive Oil Association. They test for purity and quality.  Check them out on Wikipedia.  Colavita is EVOO, first cold press and to me meets the taste test.  If I don’t like the taste straight up from the bottle, I don’t want it even for cooking.

@derorim lol o the nice label test.  The bottle looks so good it is are to get rid of it when it’s empty.  I feel like melting candles down it like the hold days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How are you feeling today?

I am feeling good.  Not 100% yet but moving closer.  No concerns.  Thanks for asking.  Btw,  as soon as I got up I drank some water! 😂   The Grandson is doing better too!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1