When Do You Plan To Cruise Again?

SargassoPirate

When it is safe for us to board with only proof of two vacs and two or more boosters, and when the airlines, airports and cruise ships are adequately staffed and supplied, and when I can enter any port without testing and other hassles. In other words, a rather long time.

Last week, I took my first cruise since 2019.  We were required to show proof of being vaccinated and boosted.  No masks were required, but the crew was always masked when dealing with passengers. We were also required to present proof of a negative COVID test for boarding the ship at the embarkation port, but not for entering any of the other ports.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, islandwoman said:

Last week, I took my first cruise since 2019.  We were required to show proof of being vaccinated and boosted.  No masks were required, but the crew was always masked when dealing with passengers. We were also required to present proof of a negative COVID test for boarding the ship at the embarkation port, but not for entering any of the other ports.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

What steps did you take on the ship to avoid getting Covid?  Did you hear of anyone on the ship coming down with Covid?

I'm planning a cruise for next month. 

43 minutes ago, SunnySideUp100 said:

What steps did you take on the ship to avoid getting Covid?  Did you hear of anyone on the ship coming down with Covid?

The cruise was very different than those we've done in the past because we didn't socialize with other passengers.  But it was still very enjoyable.

DH and I are fully vaccinated and boosted.  We wore KN-95 masks in all public indoor places, except the main dining room where we sat at a table for 2 in a location away from other tables.  Other meals we ate at the sunset bar (outside seating) or room service on our deck. 

No, I did not hear of anyone coming down with COVID, but I don't think I would have even if there were.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SunnySideUp100 said:

I've been on five cruises since the restart. I am vaxxed and now double boosted.  I jumped through whatever testing hoops there were (finding my own or testing at the port) and wore a mask whenever required, but ditched it when it wasn't.  I didn't wear a mask on the planes or in terminals after that mandate was dropped.  When required I only wore a single layer face diaper mask, which met the requirements.  I trust the vaccines and therapeutics.

It was nice to be back at sea.

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I've been on five cruises since the restart. I am vaxxed and now double boosted.  I jumped through whatever testing hoops there were (finding my own or testing at the port) and wore a mask whenever required, but ditched it when it wasn't.  I didn't wear a mask on the planes or in terminals after that mandate was dropped.  When required I only wore a single layer face diaper mask, which met the requirements.  I trust the vaccines and therapeutics.

It was nice to be back at sea.

I am excited to cruise again and hope to avoid Covid, as you have!  I might be the one person on the ship wearing a mask when it's not required.  I'm accustomed to wearing a mask at work, anyway.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, islandwoman said:

The cruise was very different than those we've done in the past because we didn't socialize with other passengers.  But it was still very enjoyable.

DH and I are fully vaccinated and boosted.  We wore KN-95 masks in all public indoor places, except the main dining room where we sat at a table for 2 in a location away from other tables.  Other meals we ate at the sunset bar (outside seating) or room service on our deck. 

No, I did not hear of anyone coming down with COVID, but I don't think I would have even if there were.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for all that.  Hopefully you'll cruise again soon!

12 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Have put it off for as long as possible. Have almost $9K in FCC to use by the end of the year. Since we're driving to port and putting COVID health on the line, we added a B2B to take us over HAL's 4* status. See my signature line.

Wow!  That's a lot of cancelled cruises.  If I stopped to add up all of my cancelled travel (including, but not just cruises), since the pandemic started, it might come to that much too.  But I'm not going to do it because it would be depressing.

I hope that you have a great time on your upcoming cruises.

• Thanks 1

We have booked a B2B for the end of September into October of 2023.  This will be our first cruise post pandemic.  We had 3 cruises cancelled during the pandemic.  And those were booked before we even heard of Covid.  It has been a long time since we have been on a cruise - April of 2017.  So it will be 6 years between sailings.  Way, way, way too long!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe a Med cruise in  October 2023.  

We are doing land trips.   Five weeks in Portugal this summer.  Two months planned for a snowbird trip to Thailand and Malaysia this winter.

We are no rush to board a cruise ship at the moment.   We do miss it since we routinely pick one up as part of our land travels. 

Not even shopping for cruises at the moment.    I suspect that there have been lots of changes   Should be interesting once we get one booked at some point.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 10:26 AM, islandwoman said:

On 9/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, Mary229 said:

3 + a river cruise this year, next cruise ASAP.   Next booked cruise is February 

I have been cruising, oceanic, and a happy to be back cruising.   I think the river cruises sound lovely.  I am concerned about all the low water levels though so I have postponed river cruising for now.    Side note:  islandwoman.  💗 the trunkfish 

1 hour ago, ScubaCruiserC said:

I am concerned about all the low water levels though so I have postponed river cruising for now.    Side note:  islandwoman.  💗 the trunkfish 

My buddy and I are booked on a Viking Danube river cruise in October 2023.  Until a few days ago, there was a note on their website about low water levels.  Now it's gone.  I hope that's because low water levels are no longer an issue.

Why do you call yourself "ScubaCruiser"?

I am a SCUBA diver.

1 hour ago, ScubaCruiserC said:

I have been cruising, oceanic, and a happy to be back cruising.   I think the river cruises sound lovely.  I am concerned about all the low water levels though so I have postponed river cruising for now.    Side note:  islandwoman.  💗 the trunkfish 

Yes, the water levels issue is a problem.  Only having done one river cruise I am no pro but before I book my next one I will be researching that carefully. 

21 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

My buddy and I are booked on a Viking Danube river cruise in October 2023.  Until a few days ago, there was a note on their website about low water levels.  Now it's gone.  I hope that's because low water levels are no longer an issue.

Why do you call yourself "ScubaCruiser"?

I am a SCUBA diver.

Thank you for that info about the Danube.  Viking is the company I am watching because I am more independent as far as “excursions” go.  Hubby and I are also scuba divers so we are as likely to book a land-based dive trip as a cruise or other land travel.  I also travel solo.  The world is an amazing place and there is so little time!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I apologize to those who asked me about my Boardwalk Balcony on RCI Oasis.  I was absent for awhile.  The Oasis size ships have “neighborhoods” and the Boardwalk is a replica of Boardwalk with shops, a carousel and the AquaTheatre.  There are cabins on either side of the Boardwalk and that’s what we had.  The cabin windows facing each other don’t bother me since there are curtains you can pull to shut the view.  We had Cabin 10329  and this is the view from it.

5BAFAE84-50B9-46D1-B044-D46F66BFDB82.jpeg

456E011F-1CA0-44C6-B7C9-93C572479B77.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I'm cruising the British Isles in August 2023 on Holland America Nieuw Statendam, and then doing the Mediterranean in Sept-October 2024 on Norwegian Escape.  So glad to get back to sea!

I'm fully vacc'd and boosted against COVID.  I don't like wearing masks, but I will bring some KN95s along, mostly for on the plane, I think.  I'm going to ask my doctor about getting another booster, since I am over 60--might just be good to boost my immunity before travelling.

We have to RCL cruises lined up this year....Bermuda (October)and eastern Caribbean (December). These will probably be our last cruises as my wife has put her foot down due to my heart condition. NO MORE TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE LOWER 48 !!!

I am on the Azamara Quest right now.  This cruise requires all passengers and crew to be vaccinated against COVID, but masks are optional.  Very few people are wearing them. Azamara's vaccination mandate will be lifted beginning with the next cruise. 

• Thanks 1