Livid!

cured

On 4/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, Stallion said:

This Extended Balcony has been a HUGE waste of money-the view never seems to change

I agree.  We are supposed to be in Jamaica today. Yet all I see is snow. Where the heck did the captain take us?

• Like 1

Day 28 ... I thought this was supposed to be a 10-nighter.

Guessing that the navigator is drunk or the azipods seized up. Because it's the damnedest thing, but I swear we haven't moved an inch in days and days and days. "Same view, nothing new" has been the motto since about St. Patrick's Day.

Usually on a cruise I love losing track of days. Somehow, though, this time it's downright unsettling. To make it worse,

nobody changes the elevator carpets to keep up with the calendar. 

One day blends into the next ... like time itself fell into a deep freeze. Yet this doesn't make me feel more relaxed or better in tune with nature. Quite the opposite, this is the first cruise where I'm sort of ready ... ok eager ... for disembarkation. Preliminary grades:

Scenery: C

Excursions: D

Itinerary: D

No rock climbing wall, bumper cars, water slide, skating rink or even a library. Has anyone located the pool, hot tub or solarium?

Sorry to have so many complaints, but the buffet is empty and room service doesn't take my calls. (You don't even want to hear the words that Guest Services shrieked at me when I suggested the past couple weeks should be comped). 

I've never seen a Cruise Compass so empty. Thank God for the Internet Cafe!

Probably the only good thing right now is that I haven't heard a pitch for a belly flop contest or a tanzanite shop. 

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I waited and waited for my luggage to show up outside my cabin door.  Still nothing...and no porters to be seen anywhere down the hallway.  Luckily I put a GPS tracker on one of them...went on the hunt.

What do I find?!!!  The porters left my suitcases untouched in my closet at home!!  When I found them, they all had very sad looks on their faces, ....."what did we do so bad that you are leaving us in here so long?"  🧳🥺

• Like 4

11 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Day 28 ... I thought this was supposed to be a 10-nighter.

Guessing that the navigator is drunk or the azipods seized up. Because it's the damnedest thing, but I swear we haven't moved an inch in days and days and days. "Same view, nothing new" has been the motto since about St. Patrick's Day.

Usually on a cruise I love losing track of days. Somehow, though, this time it's downright unsettling. To make it worse,

nobody changes the elevator carpets to keep up with the calendar. 

One day blends into the next ... like time itself fell into a deep freeze. Yet this doesn't make me feel more relaxed or better in tune with nature. Quite the opposite, this is the first cruise where I'm sort of ready ... ok eager ... for disembarkation. Preliminary grades:

Scenery: C

Excursions: D

Itinerary: D

No rock climbing wall, bumper cars, water slide, skating rink or even a library. Has anyone located the pool, hot tub or solarium?

Sorry to have so many complaints, but the buffet is empty and room service doesn't take my calls. (You don't even want to hear the words that Guest Services shrieked at me when I suggested the past couple weeks should be comped). 

I've never seen a Cruise Compass so empty. Thank God for the Internet Cafe!

Probably the only good thing right now is that I haven't heard a pitch for a belly flop contest or a tanzanite shop. 

Make sure you fill out the cruise survey.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't understand it. Usually those spa people are so annoying pushing those pamphlets with pricing in your face. It just figures, now that my wife needs color and I need a haircut there is nobody to be found.

Yep, same here.

And I don't know about you, but the daily Behind The Fun tour is getting a bit stale. How many times can you "discover" the  pantry, the cleaning supplies closet or the take-out-the-trash system? (The "guest participation" part of this is also overdone.

A lot)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Has anyone found live music anywhere on this ship?  Anything?  Even on the cabin music channel, no "Margaritaville", no nothing.  Very disappointing.

I found it right outside the bathroom. Generally accompanied by voice cracks and off-pitch singing.

shhhhh don't tell the fiancee...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rainy Monday!    At least the winds have died down, they were whipping around 50 to 60 mph for several hours.    Amazing no swells with the winds that high.     Happy Hour anyone?

The wind made it hard to walk around the promenade.  

You will love this one.   I went to MDR and had to make my own food as everyone else has said but when I was ready to eat I discovered that no one had turned on dishwasher and there was no clean forks - OMG!   I had to eat my salad with a spoon.     I am definitely not leaving a tip for this dining crew.

• Thanks 1

My husband was so livid that he had to pour his own wine at dinner that he stood up in the middle of the MDR and announced to everyone that he’ll no longer adhere to the ‘no farting in public while on a cruise’ pact he made.

Pray for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lyannea said:

My husband was so livid that he had to pour his own wine at dinner that he stood up in the middle of the MDR and announced to everyone that he’ll no longer adhere to the ‘no farting in public while on a cruise’ pact he made.

Pray for me.

Omg you are definitely in my prayers.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

This morning the chef asked me to hurry thru my breakfast and to meet him out on the balcony.  I was so excited... maybe there would be a mimosa waiting for me.  But, no... there was a can of paint. And a brush.  And a roller.  And I was told that I had to assist with structure maintenance.  WTH????  Maybe I'm going to be paid to sail on the VotS.  So confused....

• Thanks 1

The interminable wait for the pool to open is, I am glad to see, almost over. I have been keeping track of the progress, and it was kind of sad to see the sorry shape of the guy taking care of it. The gardener who takes care of Central Park, however, is in great shape. Very little discipline shown by the pool guy, who keeps throwing wolf whistles at the gardener. 

• Like 1

At first I thought it was awesome that they allowed dogs on this cruise. So nice not having to leave the pups behind. But when they demand I get up early and take them for walks, and when I can't eat without them giving me the I'm-starving look... I realize it's probably a good thing most cruises ban dogs. We all need vacations. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1