Now for something completely different

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

th.jpg.f31ff53ac61b7845ab818551b3238acd.jpg

We might give Donegans a go been there a 100 times, owners are friends of mine. You can have chips instead of the spud, also oysters, fish, pork, chicken. They got it all just like Ronnie Donnies, lol.

Idonegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

That looks good mate, although no oysters for us 🙂  I'll keep in touch, but we are booked in at Marina Resort 16&17th Mar - hope that works for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mr walker said:

That looks good mate, although no oysters for us 🙂  I'll keep in touch, but we are booked in at Marina Resort 16&17th Mar - hope that works for you.

Or it could be my favourite chinese, best on south coast, Raymonds @ Malua Bay. 15 minutes south of BB CBD.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Some Antarctic pics taken by my son on Ocean Victory in the past few days..They have been doing some  ice landings. No doubt more pics to follow.

Woohoo Les.... we just booked a cruise on the Ocean Victory this week.....  We picked up a Trip a Deal package... 23 Feb 2023 we leave Australia....  Seeing these pics gets us excited.... I may have to buy a real camera for this trip.....

Joanne and Garry

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packetau said:

Woohoo Les.... we just booked a cruise on the Ocean Victory this week.....  We picked up a Trip a Deal package... 23 Feb 2023 we leave Australia....  Seeing these pics gets us excited.... I may have to buy a real camera for this trip.....

Joanne and Garry

Congratulations Jo and Gaz. Let us hope direct flights from Sydney to South America are back on and you won't have to do 41 hrs, lol.  My son says it is by far the best expedition ship he has been on and he has been on a few with Chimu and now as Chief Commercial Officer for Albatros.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Congratulations Jo and Gaz. Let us hope direct flights from Sydney to South America are back on and you won't have to do 41 hrs, lol.  My son says it is by far the best expedition ship he has been on and he has been on a few with Chimu and now as Chief Commercial Officer for Albatros.

Excellent ..... well we have 12 months I think our cruise starts on around the 27/28 Feb for 10 days.... we start with a couple of nights in BA then a night or two in Ushuaia, another night when we get back.... The day were in Ushuaia on our south American cruise it was that dismal that you could not see the mountain backdrop against the city..... hope the skies are as blue for us as it is for your son....so looking forward to more pictures

I did try to get Dunc to join us!!!

image.png.43e8c27c59dd9239d0297f3213c026ed.png

Edited by packetau
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, packetau said:

Joanne and Garry

Joanne, have you used Trip a Deal before? I see some good deals come up on FB but wonder how they deal with Covid cancellations.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Your son is a seriously good photographer Les, he really did work with the light. It's good to hear he landed on his feet after the devastation his company experienced with Covid.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Joanne, have you used Trip a Deal before? I see some good deals come up on FB but wonder how they deal with Covid cancellations.

No .... so we did it with bated breaths.... the guy I spoke to says that if covid is a reason for cancelation they will give us a credit (ugg not another one) .... we have looking at insurance which is another issue altogether .... I think a lot of companies are changing their policies over the next few weeks, Chubb the underwriters of Amex CC insurance are putting out their new T & C's on the 15th March, and trip a deal are bringing something out with  Alliance...

We have had friends who have used trip a deal with no problem ... so lets cross our fingers... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packetau said:

No .... so we did it with bated breaths.... the guy I spoke to says that if covid is a reason for cancelation they will give us a credit (ugg not another one) .... we have looking at insurance which is another issue altogether .... I think a lot of companies are changing their policies over the next few weeks, Chubb the underwriters of Amex CC insurance are putting out their new T & C's on the 15th March, and trip a deal are bringing something out with  Alliance...

We have had friends who have used trip a deal with no problem ... so lets cross our fingers... 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Your son is a seriously good photographer Les, he really did work with the light. It's good to hear he landed on his feet after the devastation his company experienced with Covid.

He has walked away from Chimu Operationally as Founder/Director but still owns 25% of the company, but hit the jackpot with Albatros. He knows a lot of people in the industry and has 17 years experience in it. Yes he is a good photographer, got a good camera. Lyle, I am glad you and the other folk on here are appreciating the photos.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, packetau said:

Excellent ..... well we have 12 months I think our cruise starts on around the 27/28 Feb for 10 days.... we start with a couple of nights in BA then a night or two in Ushuaia, another night when we get back.... The day were in Ushuaia on our south American cruise it was that dismal that you could not see the mountain backdrop against the city..... hope the skies are as blue for us as it is for your son....so looking forward to more pictures

I did try to get Dunc to join us!!!

image.png.43e8c27c59dd9239d0297f3213c026ed.png

Wow, looks great.

We recently did a trip a deal tour offer in Tasmania, had no real issues with dealing with them. Not sure how good they are with covid cancellations though.

Thanks for those Les…. Our one regret is that trip does not include South Georgia…. Although we have already seen the king penguins out of Stanley (falklands)…. They are do beautiful we want to see them again….

there is a great show with a daddo brother cruising Antartica……..Garry’s excited about the footage he will get…

Joanne

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 11:31 AM, packetau said:

looking forward to going back to Ushuaia on a clear day to see that beautiful mountain backdrop we missed on our last trip

446267623_2019-02-2802_00_59.thumb.jpg.f359b2b9f21ccf4335898fa60d22e77f.jpg 

Interesting place, called in there on Golden Princess, Buenos Aires to LA in 2014. Did the shorex trip to the bottom of the world, Terra de Fuego National Park, something like that. 

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Interesting place, called in there on Golden Princess, Buenos Aires to LA in 2014. Did the shorex trip to the bottom of the world, Terra de Fuego National Park, something like that. 

There were 4 of us and we got a taxi that took us to the National park, visited the end of the American highway, the southern most post office and the railway station.  The weather was miserable, so the driver took us out to this great little Argentinian BBQ restaurant, where we polished off 2 bottles of malbec and sat around the fire drinking their version of Irish Coffee...

If we have spare time when we return, that is where we are going !!

1729875579_2019-02-2809_04_25.thumb.jpg.cd157936e57081e85ef825f6db6b5b6c.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, packetau said:

There were 4 of us and we got a taxi that took us to the National park, visited the end of the American highway, the southern most post office and the railway station.  The weather was miserable, so the driver took us out to this great little Argentinian BBQ restaurant, where we polished off 2 bottles of malbec and sat around the fire drinking their version of Irish Coffee...

If we have spare time when we return, that is where we are going !!

1729875579_2019-02-2809_04_25.thumb.jpg.cd157936e57081e85ef825f6db6b5b6c.jpg

Looks a great spot. I love that Argie Malbec, I still drink it now, from Uncle Dan's.