How we can help Celebrity

Mojogurued

15 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

In some instances, and in my case, the travel agency is holding up a full refund.  Cancelling means they lose their commission.  FCC means they keep their commission and monies already paid.  A wonderful slush fund for travel agencies.

If that's what your TA told you, he/she is wrong. The TA will get their commission from Celebrity whether it's from a refund or FCC. Rules of engagement change due to the CV-19 cancellations.  A TA cannot hold up any of your refund that you requested from Celebrity.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mafig said:

If a loyal cruiser with 225 cruises is angry with the way Celebrity is handling this, they are in trouble.

That's how I take it anyway.

That they're not "most understanding" speaks volumes.

I believe we met Argo once.  On one of Century's last cruises.  I believe it was around Feb. 2014.

“Business must be run at a profit, else it will die. But when anyone tries to run a business solely for profit… then the business must die as well, for it no longer has a reason for existence.” – Henry Ford

Our best memories... Still love Century above all the Celebrity Ships.

• Like 3

Have found a way to help X

While cleaning out my basement came across a case of 5 1/4" floppy disks.  Should vastly increase the power of those cutting edge Commodore 64's running their refund system.  Found some 3 1/2" disks too but believe they're a bit too advanced for X.  Will mail to LLP along with some chewing gum and baling wire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

While cleaning out my basement came across a case of 5 1/4" floppy disks.  Should vastly increase the power of those cutting edge Commodore 64's running their refund system.  Found some 3 1/2" disks too but believe they're a bit too advanced for X.  Will mail to LLP along with some chewing gum and baling wire.

LOL

Love it!!

26 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

You might as well throw in a roll of duct tape.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 2

Since I am stuck with an FCC I can't convert to a refund; if Celebrity needs me to help them, perhaps they should help me and extend the end date of the FCC.  Each passing week that the FCC can not be used devalues it and makes it more difficult to use.  If they are anticipating my cash infusion in the future it would be nice to see a bit more flexibility offered under the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Again, that is between you and your TA or you and your TA and X.... or through whichever venue you booked...

As a matter of being 'most loyal' vs not loyal in these times really have no bearing on the situation, as far as I know.

Were one to not believe that X is not processing their refund, then there are options available to insure this is being taken care of.

I Am truly sorry that you are not being serviced as you would like, but be that as it may, many others have posted that they believe likewise and I feel sorry for them as well...

Only time will tell if you are or are not refunded or do or do not receive any FCC's due etc... but daily to read about it here when time could be most productively spent either writing letters or emailing or on the phone with X or whichever venue you booked and paid through to find out would be much better, I would believe.

Not to worry, I usually gloss over these types of posts until one chooses to respond to mine, alas I did respond to your very indirectly, to be sure.

Good luck and I trust you will be made whole to your satisfaction and soon!

bon voyage

@Bo1953 - Speaking for myself, I think part of the frustration lies in the ping pong effect that has been created by both X and TA in which the customer is just struggling to get a straight answer. Keeping in line with the spirit of this thread, who could blame anyone for feeling skeptical of Celebrity, or any cruise line for that matter. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Argo. said:

Zenith points and sailings.png

If the slot is open, Can I be your plus one?

AW  just saw a post where someone referenced your lovely bride.. so guess I am out of luck...

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Argo. said:

Zenith points and sailings.png

I remember 1 of our Celebrity sailings that had someone with 70 sailings on board, and the Officers made quite a big deal out of it. Every time they were at a show, the CD made a point of having them stand, as the always sat in the front row. I couldn't believe someone could squeeze in that many cruises in a lifetime...at least a "financial" lifetime. Congrats on having the opportunity to enjoy that much time on board. I couldn't do it.

54 minutes ago, clojacks said:

CD made a point of having them stand, as the always sat in the front row. 

LOL---Why d'ya think they sit in the front row ???

Now, there's a thought for a new thread that might stir up some laughs .

" Who sits in the front row " 

4 hours ago, Argo. said:

Some people must be trying to impress Celebrity with their continuous defense of the company despite the obvious clues that this corporation has absolutely no desire to satisfy even their most loyal passengers.  We're still waiting for a refund promised March 7th.  We have had several conversations with the company... the latest

"Thank you for contacting us.

In reference to your bookings , since you are booked through ********* and this is a financial question , you will have to go through your travel agency. I regret we are unable to assist you with your inquiry. Upon request, your travel agent can access any specific booking information for you."

Financial Question.... where's our refund?

I cannot recall ever seeing a brand implode at this level in my entire lifetime; and I'm someone who actually bought a Ford Pinto in 1971. While everyone deserves to be treated fairly, someone like you who has demonstrated such a profound loyalty deserves so much more than the brush-off you describe here. I am shocked by their response to you. And the absolute shame is that Celebrity is still hawking May 2020 cruises on their website. To me, this is beyond deceptive business practices and approaches the line of out and out theft. Good luck with this and I hope it is all resolved to your satisfaction. 

• Like 6

I wonder how Celebrity would help an Elite or Zenith customer if that customer was running short of cash and unable to pay for their cruises....I'm not sure there would be much rallying around to help them.

Interesting suggestion by the OP.  I'm not in the business of propping up foreign companies out of loyalty.  My holiday with Celebrity is a business transaction.  In these difficult times I'm putting money into charities supporting our UK Health Workers not overseas businesses still paying their directors eye watering salaries and perks packages.

Edited by DYKWIA
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, treehugr said:

@Bo1953 - Speaking for myself, I think part of the frustration lies in the ping pong effect that has been created by both X and TA in which the customer is just struggling to get a straight answer. Keeping in line with the spirit of this thread, who could blame anyone for feeling skeptical of Celebrity, or any cruise line for that matter. 

@treehugr No, you can speak for lots of us who are on or not this board.

My, personally, main issue is when some of the same posters post the same complaints in many threads....

I happen to be in a similar predicament with X, but I will only post about it once or twice and not, generally, post about it on several threads, related or not.

Empathy abounds those of us who 'seemingly' are hitting a brick wall about refunds or FCC's or the state of cruising such as it is currently and in the near future, cabins costs for future itineraries vs current values of FCC's, etc...

There are several threads where these issues are and can be discussed in depth and detail and angst, as there needs to be.

Yet, when someone starts a thread which is not started to address these issues yet others, then a bombardment of 'other' issues are introduced, which is the long run is fine as this is an open board after all, just as long as generally accepted manners and protocol are adhered to for the most part.

This thread was not started as a 'b & m', yet it has been turned into one, generally, as such my reaction to them here.

I cannot accept that each thread has to become so negative and I not say something about it! Yes, each of us has the right and privilege to post to any thread of our choosing, yet expect to have some sort of reaction (positive or negative or neutral) if it is thought to be out of character with the thread started, either by the OP or others.

Usually, I immediately apologize when I find that I have done this on other threads and just leave it alone.

Thank you for the gentle input and further explanation, it is appreciated and understood. Please know that my comments or stances on this are not personal, I, too, Am aggravated and always look to figure out how to work it out with the 'input' of others, if there is none then I go and try to figure it out on my own and not drone about it.

I Am, along with others, are loyal to X and understand how this can leave a sour taste in ones mouth over it all... If refunds and FCC's take a while to process, guess what, they take time and not on our time desires.

Thank you again and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

@treehugr No, you can speak for lots of us who are on or not this board.

Empathy abounds those of us who 'seemingly' are hitting a brick wall about refunds or FCC's or the state of cruising such as it is currently and in the near future, cabins costs for future itineraries vs current values of FCC's, etc...

In the UK consumers are now being asked to refer the specific issue of Cruise companies offering FCCs that don't cover the cost of a future comparable cruise to the Competition and Markets Authority  -they are specifically looking at companies acting unfairly during the COVID 19 outbreak.  If you've booked a 1A cabin for 12 nights to the Southern Caribbean, the value of the FCC and future price they pick should be irrelevant - they should offer you a similar replacement cruise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's an idea to help Celebrity (and I'm sure there would be some takers).

$25,000 Captain's Vacation Club Intro ownership, includes 7 nights Caribbean, inside cabin, $2,500 per year HOA.

$35,000 Captain's Vacation Club Plus ownership, includes 7 nights Caribbean, OV cabin, $3,500 per year HOA.

$50,000 Captain's Vacation Club X ownership, includes 7 nights Caribbean, veranda, $5,000 per year HOA.

$75,000 Captain's Vacation Club Elite ownership, includes 7-9 nights Caribbean, Aqua cabin, $7,500 per year HOA.

Last but not least:

$125,000 Captain's Vacation Club Zenith ownership, includes 9-12 nights in the Caribbean, Alaska, or Mexican Riviera, Sky Suite, no black out dates, special owner's toast, $12,500 per year HOA.

*Dues and availability subject to change, special assessments may apply.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Joanne might take exception to that!

I know, . I .missed the the bride reference in an earlier post  and then corrected myself.  Not to mention my dh of  40 + yrs might not be cool with it either.

(I am dense, is Argo Arno,,?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

In the UK consumers are now being asked to refer the specific issue of Cruise companies offering FCCs that don't cover the cost of a future comparable cruise to the Competition and Markets Authority  -they are specifically looking at companies acting unfairly during the COVID 19 outbreak.  If you've booked a 1A cabin for 12 nights to the Southern Caribbean, the value of the FCC and future price they pick should be irrelevant - they should offer you a similar replacement cruise. 

Thank you for this information, as I and a few others, are not familiar with how your system operates.

bon voyage

17 hours ago, clojacks said:

I remember 1 of our Celebrity sailings that had someone with 70 sailings on board, and the Officers made quite a big deal out of it. Every time they were at a show, the CD made a point of having them stand, as the always sat in the front row. I couldn't believe someone could squeeze in that many cruises in a lifetime...at least a "financial" lifetime. Congrats on having the opportunity to enjoy that much time on board. I couldn't do it.

Just to let you know we always sit upstairs with a quick escape route.  I don't recall any of our fellow Zenith friends sitting up front.  Some shows do become a bit repetitive...

11 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Just to let you know we always sit upstairs with a quick escape route.  I don't recall any of our fellow Zenith friends sitting up front.  Some shows do become a bit repetitive...

MF & PF from Georgia tend to sit on the first row. At one time the Top Cruiser was presented in the Theater and were asked to sit in the first row so that they could be introduced. This, thankfully only lasted a short time. The Officers would be present..Perhaps that what was observed by the poster.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LDEE said:

Lacking an effective vaccine the only way cruising can be safe would entail major changes including fully-equipped hospitals on board,  world-wide evacuation plans and reduction of the number of passengers.  All this means costs for cruising would go up substantially.  The entire cruise model might have to change.

Not necessarily true.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

I wonder how Celebrity would help an Elite or Zenith customer if that customer was running short of cash and unable to pay for their cruises....I'm not sure there would be much rallying around to help them.

Interesting suggestion by the OP.  I'm not in the business of propping up foreign companies out of loyalty.  My holiday with Celebrity is a business transaction.  In these difficult times I'm putting money into charities supporting our UK Health Workers not overseas businesses still paying their directors eye watering salaries and perks packages.

Well, come on DYKWIA, what about that time you were out of work for a few weeks and X sent that food basket, the gift card and ... oh, wait, right, that didn't happen, did it?

OK, so how about the year Richard Fain scooped up that obscenely oversized bonus and donated it all to .... urp, oh yeah, I'm remembering that one wrong, too.

But then, there was the year I was laid up and the whole corporate team from Caribbean Way came by with lawnmowers, paint brushes and .... oops, sorry, wrong about that one too.

So yeah, I guess you have a good question: Why should any of us be concerned about propping up a foreign company during this crisis when so many of our neighbors are suffering?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Orator said:

MF & PF from Georgia tend to sit on the first row. At one time the Top Cruiser was presented in the Theater and were asked to sit in the first row so that they could be introduced. This, thankfully only lasted a short time. The Officers would be present..Perhaps that what was observed by the poster.

By any chance did they also always kind of have a preferred table on the Sunset Bar by one of the stairs?

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

If that's what your TA told you, he/she is wrong. The TA will get their commission from Celebrity whether it's from a refund or FCC. Rules of engagement change due to the CV-19 cancellations.  A TA cannot hold up any of your refund that you requested from Celebrity.  

Additionally, the commission is protected on both the cancelled sailing and the FCC sailing.  You TA is not acting on either their or your behalf.  I'd suggested revisiting that discussion.