Cruise ship bookings for 2021 are already on the rise despite multiple COVID-19 outbreaks

Joebucks

3 hours ago, SRF said:

That is great, until the company has no assets to provide ANYTHING. 

🙂

I don't know anything about Norwegian bankruptcy laws 😂 but Clo said she was in the process of getting the refund and since they have not declared bankruptcy or administration I would assume the usually customer protection laws apply. 

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I don't know anything about Norwegian bankruptcy laws 😂 but Clo said she was in the process of getting the refund and since they have not declared bankruptcy or administration I would assume the usually customer protection laws apply. 

Well, I'm in the PROCESS and now need to up the ante. I should talk to my CC company sooner than later also.

5 hours ago, clo said:

We did a Norwegian coastal cruise a year ago and adored it so much that we were doing the NB as part of a bigger trip. But it was canceled. We were booked on Hurtigruten, on a ship with only 100 pax.

Ours was going to be on Princess. We have had our best cruises on Princess, though I would have preferred a smaller ship than the Crown for this one.

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Ours was going to be on Princess. We have had our best cruises on Princess, though I would have preferred a smaller ship than the Crown for this one.

Hurtigruten is a Norwegian company and these cruises carry cargo and day passengers.  We first traveled on them to Antarctica two years ago. Our ship had 400 pax so we could actually disembark and did on four different days. And got taken to shore and other boating about in zodiak-type boats. The big ships aren't allow to due to a treaty.

54 minutes ago, clo said:

That sounds great. As I've mentioned I'm really 'into' food, dining and cooking. Thanks.

I seem to recall you posting that you were not a “Caribbean type” — but if you ever wanted a winter getaway , St. Maarten (Dutch)/St. Martin (French) is a place to go - the Dutch side - not so much, but the eating options on the French side are amazing.  If you wanted a “higher end” experience, nearby French (actually considered part of Overseas France) St. Barth’s would be the place to go — no large cruise ships are permitted there.

Edited by navybankerteacher

On 4/21/2020 at 6:14 PM, navybankerteacher said:

I seem to recall you posting that you were not a “Caribbean type” — but if you ever wanted a winter getaway , St. Maarten (Dutch)/St. Martin (French) is a place to go - the Dutch side - not so much, but the eating options on the French side are amazing.  If you wanted a “higher end” experience, nearby French (actually considered part of Overseas France) St. Barth’s would be the place to go — no large cruise ships are permitted there.

I have friends who had time shares in St.Maarten but only on the Dutch side.I have been to the island 14 times and almost never go to the French side.

I have friends who had time shares in St.Maarten but only on the Dutch side.I have been to the island 14 times and almost never go to the French side.

I always go to the French side. Two great beaches on the French side, Orient and Pinel Island. And Marigot is better than Philipsburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I always go to the French side. Two great beaches on the French side, Orient and Pinel Island. And Marigot is better than Philipsburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True re the beaches but I have not been to Orient since 1994.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:14 PM, navybankerteacher said:

... St. Barth’s would be the place to go — no large cruise ships are permitted there.

By large ships, do you mean the only mega-ships like the RCCL Oasis of the Seas? I was there on Crystal Symphony in November.