CRUISE DATE-CANCELLATION DATE-REFUND DATE???

trrn2016

6 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

What is the downside of just filing a dispute with my credit card?  Any negatives??  I am aware everything can take up to 60 days (and now, some people are claiming it will be longer). 

Usually credit cards want you to first try resolving any problem with the merchant.

There have been posts saying their credit card would not accept the dispute because Princess was planning on the refund even if it was slow in coming.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

Usually credit cards want you to first try resolving any problem with the merchant.

There have been posts saying their credit card would not accept the dispute because Princess was planning on the refund even if it was slow in coming.

I have not seen any such posts. Can you direct me to them?

Cruise Date:         March 26

Cancel Date:        March 10   I cancelled because I was at 75/25% CFR penalty

Cancel Date:        March 12   Princess sent Option email 

March 13   Received email confirmation of Option 2 Refund + 50% FCC

Also had EZ Air and Princess Vacation Protection. 

Used 2 Princess Gift Cards at final payment in December. I threw gift cards away - didn't know I had to to keep them - nothing was noted on gift card or packet they came in, nor did CSR tell me to keep them when I used them at final.  Spoke to Princess Gift Card people, they said any refund would go back to original cards....even though I don't have the original cards. They couldn't (or wouldn't) give me the card's numbers or pin numbers. Then how do THEY apply refund to original cards? 

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I have disputed in the past and USAA required me to state when I contacted merchant and what they said. They then entered a temporary credit and contacted merchant. Merchant then agreed to refund and dispute was denied. 

5 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

Cruise Date:         March 26

Cancel Date:        March 10   I cancelled because I was at 75/25% CFR penalty

Cancel Date:        March 12   Princess sent Option email 

March 13   Received email confirmation of Option 2 Refund + 50% FCC

Also had EZ Air and Princess Vacation Protection. 

Used 2 Princess Gift Cards at final payment in December. I threw gift cards away - didn't know I had to to keep them - nothing was noted on gift card or packet they came in, nor did CSR tell me to keep them when I used them at final.  Spoke to Princess Gift Card people, they said any refund would go back to original cards....even though I don't have the original cards. They couldn't (or wouldn't) give me the card's numbers or pin numbers. Then how do THEY apply refund to original cards? 

I contacted customer service who reached 'Marilyn' in Princess Gift Card Services, she sent me a new e-card for the same amount as she could not reactivate the expired bonus cards. She could see the 'hanging' refund. Took only a few days. Hope you have the same success

• Like 1

Hi All

Need some help.

Cruise sail date March 12th.

Cancelled by Princess on Feb 15th

We received a refund and 50% FCC but princess web site states sail date 12th - 25th March Option 2 is 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit. Anyone else on this cruise or received either of these refunds ?

Many Thank's

Alan

16 hours ago, Coral said:

I haven't seen them either.

17 hours ago, caribill said:

If I come across them again, I will post the links here.

17 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

I have not seen any such posts. Can you direct me to them?

17 hours ago, caribill said:

from the UK cruisers thread earlier today - who has my money

post # 1 ( will try again to copy/paste )

The TA said that they sent over my balance payment to Princess as soon as they had received it. I’m not convinced that they have, I think that they were hanging onto my money until  the balance was due to be paid to Princess. 

I’ve not had any refund yet and Barclaycard can’t do a charge back because I cancelled the cruise, not Princess. My decision to cancel the cruise was because I was getting worried about the rumours that ABTA and ATOL are considering offering vouchers not cash in the event that Princess go bust. 

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

Voljeep, I could not find the thread - perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

In any case, I am not sure the USA card companies handle things the same way UK companies do.  And this post does not bear out the original statement from caribill:

"There have been posts saying their credit card would not accept the dispute because Princess was planning on the refund even if it was slow in coming."

Cruise Date:  5/20/2020 - B2B Coral Princess to Alaska

Princess Cancellation:  4/14/2020

Cancelled Cruise via TA/Princess:  4/15/2020 --- We chose Option 1 for reimbursement

Cancellation of Water Pkg. & Soda Pkg.:  3/15/2020 

Cancellation of Princess Excursion:  3/28/2020

To date, we have received nothing.

On 4/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, LDVinNC said:

Lots of discussion on this topic on an earlier thread:

Are people getting the refund money in their credit card accounts?

I put a request in to merge this thread with the one above.  Do we really need another separate thread?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Voljeep, I could not find the thread - perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

In any case, I am not sure the USA card companies handle things the same way UK companies do.  And this post does not bear out the original statement from caribill:

"There have been posts saying their credit card would not accept the dispute because Princess was planning on the refund even if it was slow in coming."

I agree that different credit card companies handle things differently. We successfully got our money back for 2 cruises (one Princess and one HAL) that we cancelled by contesting the relevant charges with our credit card company. We cancelled a March 10 Princess cruise on March 6 after receiving the revised cancellation policy on March 5. The revised policy stated up to 10 business days for FCCs etc. Although we got the FCC, we had not received any cash back by mid April. At that time, we supplied the relevant documents (booking confirmation, cancellation notice and cancellation policy) to our credit card company and after a few days they informed us they had completed their inquiry, resolved the dispute in our favour and credited the charges back to our credit card.

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I put a request in to merge this thread with the one above.  Do we really need another separate thread?

People are leaving important info out of the other thread like when the cruise is.... And what option. I find this more helpful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

People are leaving important info out of the other thread like when the cruise is.... And what option. I find this more helpful. 

We'll just have to ask them to give us that information.  I agree it is important.

Here we are, though, another day with people reporting having received FCC's but not cash...still worrisome to me!

• Like 2

Cruise Date:  May 4, Regal Princess British Isles

Cancel date:  March 12, by Princess and selected option 1

150% Cruise Fare FCC appeared:  April 22

Was told by a Princess Representative that our EZ air and Government Fees were going to be in a "holding account" attached to the booking #.  

Therefore, expecting nothing back to Credit Card.  

6 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

Was told by a Princess Representative that our EZ air and Government Fees were going to be in a "holding account" attached to the booking #.  

Therefore, expecting nothing back to Credit Card.  

Huh? What does that mean? I sure hope it means you will get it later.

i would be questioning that.

6 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

There has been some talk about this and there was a chart with green that I think Celiad posted. It makes it sound like air, taxes and fees would be in a holding account and could be applied for another cruise. This is for those who chose Option 1.

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, LDVinNC said:

It is in a "holding account" attached to us and our booking #.  It will be able to be used on EZ air and Government Fees (Port Fees) on our next booking which for now is September 25, if it is able to sail.  If not then it will be good till I can use it on another upcoming bookings till depleated same as the FCC.  

Several people on different threads have reported the same thing being stated when they talked to a Princess representative about the "holding account".   This is for Option 1 only.  

I am happy about this because on Princess cancellation date of March 12, I was told by my TA that they were probably going to refund it in a FCC along with the cruise fare,  but if you read the rules on the FCC you are not able to use it for air and port fees.  This way I can use it on those things, and not have to give them more cash.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

Cruise date: April 4, Royal Mexican Riviera

Cancel date: March 12, selected option 2

50% FCC appeared: April 21

Refund: nothing yet

We were booked on this same cruise and also selected option 2. Yesterday, we received our FCC ... half under my account and the other half under my DH's account.  Did you check if the FCC's (the other half) showed up under you cabin mate's account?  

PS ... we also have not yet received our refund. 

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were booked on this same cruise and also selected option 2. Yesterday, we received our FCC ... half under my account and the other half under my DH's account.  Did you check if the FCC's (the other half) showed up under you cabin mate's account?  

PS ... we also have not yet received our refund. 

Yes, my husband and I each got the same amount in our accounts. We'll likely book the same cruise for 2021 (spring break) - but not until the refund shows up. But I'm glad to see at least some progress.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Coral said:

There has been some talk about this and there was a chart with green that I think Celiad posted. It makes it sound like air, taxes and fees would be in a holding account and could be applied for another cruise. This is for those who chose Option 1.

Yes, this was something new that appeared in the TA notes. Problem is, as far as I know, Princess has not communicated this to anyone - certainly not those of us in the first round of cancellations. I still have the original terms and conditions saying that all of the refundable amounts would be returned to original form of payment if you chose option 1. Not a big deal for me, personally, but lots of folks might be waiting on that money not knowing that it is being held!