Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

5 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

And The Church of our Savior

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Our_Saviour,_Copenhagen

IMG_4147%202_zpsggyzj7lz.jpg

That's my favorite steeple of all!  Have never been in the church so was great to see your inside photos.  Also, love Frederick's Church--it's so different from the other churches what with it dome and its vast sanctuary.  We usually stay near Tivoli Gardens, but only went in on our first visit and that was for dinner at a restaurant near the entrance.  After dinner is was dusk and we enjoyed walking around the amusement park when the lights on the rides, etc. were on.  We've stayed at the Marriott a few blocks east of Tivoli for a few nights on one of last stays and from our room we could see down into it from on high--another interesting view!  I may have said this before, but Copenhagen is my favorite port!  So thanks for "taking me back."

2 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

That's my favorite steeple of all!  Have never been in the church so was great to see your inside photos.  Also, love Frederick's Church--it's so different from the other churches what with it dome and its vast sanctuary.  We usually stay near Tivoli Gardens, but only went in on our first visit and that was for dinner at a restaurant near the entrance.  After dinner is was dusk and we enjoyed walking around the amusement park when the lights on the rides, etc. were on.  We've stayed at the Marriott a few blocks east of Tivoli for a few nights on one of last stays and from our room we could see down into it from on high--another interesting view!  I may have said this before, but Copenhagen is my favorite port!  So thanks for "taking me back."

You're welcome . We must say that it was a nice place to be leaving from on a cruise . So different from  Ft. Lauderdale or Miami .

We were in a Neptune Suite so we had a short line in Copenhagen

DSC06914%203_zpsm93nsgbz.jpg

We were in a aft cabin corner with a fully covered balcony . Unlike the split bedroom and sitting area we had a single large room .

DSC08123%202_zpssoo4jihf.jpg

DSC08124%202_zps1zhrlgbo.jpg

DSC08125%202_zpsmk143zik.jpg

And can we say that we really liked this balcony .

DSC08128%202_zpsb0749w2u.jpg

Pat likes the coffee maker and I liked the water jets in the tub for some sore muscles climbing in Norway 

DSC06932%202_zpsakwwcfeu.jpg

DSC06938%202_zpsetp3cm8r.jpg

DSC06942%202_zpseff1lzw2.jpg

DSC06945%202_zpszi5ermhc.jpg

DSC06948%202_zps4awxhi8n.jpg

This video was the same room on a cruise to the ABC Islands just before Christmas .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

With the 25% first night discount we booked the Pinnacle Grill for dinner 

DSC08131%202_zpstdnwoz1n.jpg

Crab cakes

DSC08132%202_zpsrp2tqzbz.jpg

Lobster Bisque

DSC08133%202_zpskr9jwvtj.jpg

Clothes line Candied Bacon

DSC08134%202_zpsibkgdpk1.jpg

We had some King Crab legs on the Zaandam that were not very good in South America but these were very good

DSC08136%202_zpsuhahkwvh.jpg

Nice finish Key Lime Pie

DSC08137%202_zps9tqi1cv4.jpg

The Neptune Lounge

DSC07000%202_zpsdyl9a5zx.jpg

There was always something good to eat under the big top .

DSC00710_zpshdpgshbh.jpg

DSC00712_zpslwhjjjbk.jpg

DSC00711_zpsmlv5tqty.jpg

We usually had a fruit cup to start the day and when we later found out that they had a Cappuccino and Latte machine , that also became part of the routine .

DSC00721_zpsoqqh3hib.jpg

22 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

Will have to look at the Marriott there cause hubby has points after his 9 months stay last year. This year he seems to be on the Hilton run but he’s heading to Fl next week so maybe it will be Marriott again 😂

Is the hotel on the water but Tivoli side?

3 minutes ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Will have to look at the Marriott there cause hubby has points after his 9 months stay last year. This year he seems to be on the Hilton run but he’s heading to Fl next week so maybe it will be Marriott again 😂

Is the hotel on the water but Tivoli side?

Yes, it's on a narrow waterway which separates the main part of the city from a small (man-made?) island where the airport is (on the far side of the island from the waterway).  One of our fellow CC folks found out they had a great rate for the period when our cruise ended so many of us stayed there--we were all on the top floor and had access to a breakfast room on that floor, as I recall.  It's usually very expensive to stay in the chain hotels there so we've mostly stayed in small older hotels in the rr station neighborhood and one or two other neighborhoods. It's also expensive to eat there, so appreciated the fast-food court in the station at least for lunch (breakfast was included at the hotel which is quite common there) and a quick dinner.

22 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

Yes, it's on a narrow waterway which separates the main part of the city from a small (man-made?) island where the airport is (on the far side of the island from the waterway).  One of our fellow CC folks found out they had a great rate for the period when our cruise ended so many of us stayed there--we were all on the top floor and had access to a breakfast room on that floor, as I recall.  It's usually very expensive to stay in the chain hotels there so we've mostly stayed in small older hotels in the rr station neighborhood and one or two other neighborhoods. It's also expensive to eat there, so appreciated the fast-food court in the station at least for lunch (breakfast was included at the hotel which is quite common there) and a quick dinner.

Thanks for the info.

Yep it was very expensive to eat there, stopped for coffee (regular) and a muffin to share $36 😳😳😳. don’t want to think about dinner 😳

We just stayed the one night but next time I want to spend a few days so will look at that.

I think that I can work around Photobucket so this is a test .

If there's something we like better than a sail out it's a sail in

Past the Bridge

1704705972_IMG_4180(2).thumb.JPG.d6cfc4cf3c6d91a62f6508fc7a9b035c.JPG

We weren't alone . It's HAL's newest and largest ship The Nieuw Statendam 

868896227_IMG_4185(2).thumb.JPG.a91b392b94d403dc34adb16853484386.JPG

We had bought our tickets for the funicular online and were on the first tram up .

481331201_DSC08230(2).thumb.JPG.9ab759017a51b4cae41ec6dce3892542.JPG

598779675_DSC08233(2).thumb.JPG.26d56de8d1f8b179b1d925c05f1972a3.JPG

Bergen from the top with The Zuiderdam on the right

161639088_IMG_4344(2).thumb.JPG.a4b93329584475249258c8e32fc7cb61.JPG

DSC08242 (2).JPG

IMG_4350 (2).JPG

3 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Thanks for the info.

Yep it was very expensive to eat there, stopped for coffee (regular) and a muffin to share $36 😳😳😳. don’t want to think about dinner 😳

Wow!  That's why we choose hotels that serve a free breakfast <g>.  They've all been quite ample buffets, although with a few items one wouldn't see at a similar buffet in the US (fish, etc.).  We've had some nice white-tablecloth dinners at various restaurants and they weren't over-the-top expensive.  On our last visit we had a wonderful such dinner at an Italian restaurant <g>.

Edited by BarbinMich

18 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Love Bergen and the trolls!  We've been there twice.  Thanks again for sharing and bringing back happy memories.

This was also our second visit and we booked another in August which has been cancelled .