Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

7 hours ago, Loucat said:

I do hope they are OK. He did such an incredible job and I have witnessed places I will never see in person. Pics magical and so much information. I hope to see this continue.

Yes, great pictures that tell a wonderful story.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, great pictures that tell a wonderful story.

20 hours ago, Loucat said:

I do hope they are OK. He did such an incredible job and I have witnessed places I will never see in person. Pics magical and so much information. I hope to see this continue.

Thanks everyone for the kind words . We've a lot of changes going on keeping us really busy so we will try to catch up . We like that HAL posts menus on the TV .

DSC00645 (2).JPG

DSC00649 (2).JPG

DSC00650 (2).JPG

DSC00655 (2).JPG

We decided to try the Pinnacle lunch and we were sure glad that we did .

DSC00657 (2).JPG

DSC00660 (2).JPG

DSC00662 (2).JPG

DSC00663 (2).JPG

DSC00664 (3).JPG

DSC00665 (2).JPG

DSC00666 (2).JPG

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Loucat said:

Glad to see you back! I am not familiar with HAL. What is a Pinnacle lunch?

Thanks Loucat we're glad to be back . The Pinnacle Grille functions like the Crown Grill on Princess , It is open for dinner every night ( $ 39 ) and for lunch  ( $ 15 ) on days at sea https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2270#:~:text=Pinnacle Grill costs %2439 per,De Librije" (%2469).  . And like Sabatini's on Princess it is open for suite guests for breakfast .

• Like 1

scubacruiserx2;  I have a question for you.  Prior to all the pandemic in the world;  is it true that Holland ships do not have a eatery that is open 24 hours like int'l cafe on Princess ships and promenade bisto on Royal Caribbean ships?

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

scubacruiserx2;  I have a question for you.  Prior to all the pandemic in the world;  is it true that Holland ships do not have a eatery that is open 24 hours like int'l cafe on Princess ships and promenade bisto on Royal Caribbean ships?

That is correct they do not . DW does like the coffee pot in the rooms and we both love the Tamarind Restaurant on the newer HAL ships . The Tamarind is an Asian fusion restaurant . Here's some photos from dinner there one night .

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu_zpskrigo2ka.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu1_zps8j6oa82h.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu3_zpsogbcfswb.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu4_zpseicwzo0o.jpg

Thai chicken and rice soup

DSC00658_zpsrozuv8ki.jpg

Indonesian style Laksa with quail eggs

DSC00659_zpspucr1mct.jpg

Satay sampler

DSC00660_zpsnsnz5f81.jpg

Peking duck with Chinese crepes

DSC00661_zpsprsamz3k.jpg

Lobster roll

DSC00663_zpsih5o80h5.jpg

Pat's Wasabi and soy crusted beef tenderloin

DSC00666_zpsqxiqms4s.jpg

My Penang Red Curry

DSC00664_zpsqbibkm28.jpg

Boy did I love that stuff , but it's big bowl !

Trio of sorbets

DSC00676_zpspz6vt3ak.jpg

And the Tamarind Chocolate

DSC00677_zpsgo1sr2ff.jpg

The food and the service were great and the staff was very friendly .

DSC01773_zpsmef82t8j.jpg

We had a hankering for beef and so we made reservations for the Pinnacle with Ann Margret . We had also requested Escargot which is not normally on the menu . HAL doesn't carry our favorite beer or wine so we brought it from home . We like the window seats in the morning but the booth seating in the evening . Since it's almost dinner time we'll let the photos do the talking .

DSC01250 (2).JPG

DSC01251 (2).JPG

DSC01257 (2).JPG

DSC01258 (2).JPG

DSC01260 (2).JPG

DSC01261 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Pat had the beef short rib and I had the 10 oz Filet that was cooked perfectly for me and was delicious . The Cab Sav was perfect for the beef . For desert we each had the Baked Alaska that was huge - big enough for 2 . It was a great meal with excellent service and company .

DSC01262 (2).JPG

DSC01264 (2).JPG

DSC01272 (2).JPG

DSC01273 (2).JPG

DSC01274 (2).JPG

DSC01278 (3).JPG

DSC01285 (2).JPG

DSC01291 (3).JPG

DSC01292 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Double YUM!! Love the Tamarind menu and choices would be a challenge as so many items sound wonderful.

Same for the Pinnacle-lovely food and as usual, exceptional pictures.
Thank you for explaining the Pinnacle-we have only sailed once with HAL so I am not familiar with their restaurants.

Food looks excellent in both the Tamarind and Pinnacle-sign us up!

22 hours ago, Loucat said:

Double YUM!! Love the Tamarind menu and choices would be a challenge as so many items sound wonderful.

Same for the Pinnacle-lovely food and as usual, exceptional pictures.
Thank you for explaining the Pinnacle-we have only sailed once with HAL so I am not familiar with their restaurants.

Food looks excellent in both the Tamarind and Pinnacle-sign us up!

The food was good and we really like the Pinnacle for breakfast . We had a little change up from our usual eggs with waffles for me and a Japanese Breakfast for Pat .

IMG_8172 (2).JPG

IMG_8178 (2).JPG

DSC00909 (2).JPG

DSC00911 (3).JPG

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Those pics are making me hungry.

Me too as it's nearly dinner time here . That evening we had dinner in the cabin . 

IMG_1319 (2).JPG

IMG_1325 (2).JPG

IMG_1327 (2).JPG

The first photo was the soup before the broth was added

DSC01123 (2).JPG

DSC01124 (2).JPG

DSC01125 (2).JPG

DSC01127 (2).JPG

DSC01129 (2).JPG

DSC01132 (2).JPG

Edited by scubacruiserx2

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Princess is better but Holland is improving .

Thank you so much for a wonderful adventure. I saw new destinations through your eyes and great pictures.Your food pictures were amazing.  My favorite part  after this adventure is I didn't gain any weight !

Sali

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

IMO, Princess does do the best Pizza out of all the lines. However, X now have wood fired pizza ovens on the Solstice class ships (maybe others as well) and the results were wonderful.

I thought you could not have open flames on cruise ships?  Wouldn't a wood fired oven be open flame?

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I thought you could not have open flames on cruise ships?  Wouldn't a wood fired oven be open flame?

In a related item about the newer X ships:  we were on the Eclipse a few years ago and I was amazed (concerned?) that they have a pottery activity where guests can make something out of clay and then it's fired in a kiln on the top deck of the ship.  Guess there haven't been any damage episodes re this, but it made me nervous (I liked being on the "lawn" area which is right behind the enclosed area with the kiln).

On 6/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

We like that HAL posts menus on the TV .

I ask for that from Princess on every cruise and every survey. It seems like such a simple thing to do and would allow folks to make dining decisions from the comfort of their cabins. I'd love to see the MDR menus and also if there is a "theme" in the buffet. I don't know why they don't do this

On 6/10/2020 at 2:19 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

HAL doesn't carry our favorite beer or wine so we brought it from home .

Sheesh.... I certainly wish Princess would let us bring beer. Their selection is lousy and my wife is picky about her beer.

8 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Very special conditions and precautions (like with the glass blowing), they had them up on the top deck near the grassed areas..