Should FCC be changed to cash refunds for those over 70?

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

You say that now, understandably, but how did you feel 4 or 5 years ago?

We would have said exactly the same 4 or 5 years ago.  The issue is the same for us.  The restrictions on the FCC to do not compensate us for the loss of choice-cruise line, timing...everything.   Particularly since we tend to book either just outside or inside the final payment window and because we have zero so called loyalty to any cruise line.

12 hours ago, iancal said:

We would have said exactly the same 4 or 5 years ago.  The issue is the same for us.  The restrictions on the FCC to do not compensate us for the loss of choice-cruise line, timing...everything.   Particularly since we tend to book either just outside or inside the final payment window and because we have zero so called loyalty to any cruise line.

That is certainly an enviable position to be in and we hope to be there eventually.  As is, I still have to plan time off from work so we still tend to plan almost a year in advance.  Best we can do is check frequently for price drops and that has yielded some good results.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:11 PM, Times Prince said:

Some clarification is needed.  Many of us have FCC's that have a 2 year expiration date, after which our $100 deposit money is automatically returned.

Then there are people who have been given some sort of Cruise Credit in lieu of cancelled cruises.  They need to look at the terms of the agreement to see if there are clauses related to time and/or return of cash.

I didn't read page 2, so not sure if this was already pointed out.

"FCC's that have a 2 year expiration date, after which our $100 deposit money is automatically returned" is not a FCC, but a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD).

It's confusing because Princess uses the terms interchangeably on occasion.

FCCs have a time limit and there is no return of $$ involved. FCCs are what was offered when the cruises were cancelled.

FCDs also have a time limit and if not used the $$ is returned.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:11 AM, Times Prince said:

Some clarification is needed.  Many of us have FCC's that have a 2 year expiration date, after which our $100 deposit money is automatically returned.

Then there are people who have been given some sort of Cruise Credit in lieu of cancelled cruises.  They need to look at the terms of the agreement to see if there are clauses related to time and/or return of cash.

We have two fcc that we purchased on our 02/02/2020 cruise. Now with Corvid-19 & being in our 70’s we choose to no longer cruise. Do we have to wait two years for a refund? 

I tried an email to Princess...but it was blocked!

On 5/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Times Prince said:

45 minutes ago, camper49 said:

We have two fcc that we purchased on our 02/02/2020 cruise. Now with Corvid-19 & being in our 70’s we choose to no longer cruise. Do we have to wait two years for a refund? 

I tried an email to Princess...but it was blocked!

It would help if you referred to the on board purchased Credits   as FCD  Future Cruise Deposits  which are repaid after 2 years.

And FCC  Future Cruise Credits  which usual expire without any refund if not used.

The former can be used as deposits for a cruise and have added OBC

the latter  USUALLY cannot be used as a deposit and do not carry any OBC with them.

Unfortunately all  cruise personnel  do not use the FCD/FCC terms correctly.

Edited by Aulanis

41 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

It would help if you referred to the on board purchased Credits   as FCD  Future Cruise Deposits  which are repaid after 2 years.

And FCC  Future Cruise Credits  which usual expire without any refund if not used.

The former can be used as deposits for a cruise and have added OBC

the latter  USUALLY cannot be used as a deposit and do not carry any OBC with them.

Unfortunately all  cruise personnel  do not use the FCD/FCC terms correctly.

Can’t believe I used FCC & not FCD in my question ...that being said...does anyone know if a FCD is refundable before two years??

39 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Can’t believe I used FCC & not FCD in my question ...that being said...does anyone know if a FCD is refundable before two years??

I'm pretty sure you can.  Since your e-mail did not work, you'll have to call them.

7 hours ago, camper49 said:

Yes, you can ask for refund at any time ... we cancelled a Fall 2020 cruise, and I requested refund of our unexpired FCD back to our credit card ... was quoted 60 days to process.  Guess we'll see about that!

Edited by pms4104

On 5/2/2020 at 4:34 PM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Since there are new restrictions for those cruisers over 70, we may never be able to use our FCC. I think we should get a cash refund instead of a FCC.

PS: We are still waiting for the FCC; however, the FCC link on our home page disappeared several weeks ago.

No.
FCC is a gesture of good will to say sorry for the cruise being cancelled....and here is a little something to put towards the next one.

Noone should receive it in cash.

We just got this email:

"

Our records indicate that you cancelled your vacation with us amid the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic on a cruise that we subsequently cancelled as part of our global pause in operations. We know you’re waiting for your refund and we wanted to make sure you were aware you that you are eligible for this higher value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer.

The full 100% value of your booking towards a future cruise* and a refund of prepaid purchases such as shore excursion and special service items

A future cruise credit of 100%, 50% or 25% of your cruise fare (varies by cruise departure date, see chart below)

ADDITIONAL future cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare

*Transfer of funds to a future booking or as a future cruise credit

Your Departure
Date in 2020

Standard Future
Cruise Credit

ADDITIONAL Future
Cruise Credit

Mar 12 - Mar 25

100%

25%

Mar 26 - Apr 8

50%

25%

Apr 8 - May 10

25%

25%

All FCCs can be used on any cruise that sails on or before May 1, 2022.

To take advantage of this higher value offer, please complete this online form ❯ by May 31, 2020 and we will automatically credit your My Princess Account ❯ and let you know once it’s available. Alternatively, if you would still like to receive a full refund (which also includes the standard future cruise credits shown above), you don’t need to do anything as this will be the default option."

Sorry, but I hardly think that the FCC is a gesture of goodwill.  It is at best a marketing gimmick to not only lock the customer in to another cruise on the cruise line but to specify a time frame in which it can be used.

At worst, it is simply a way for the cruise line to avoid refunds in order to manage cash flow.

Edited by iancal

On 5/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, FiftyOnePlus said:

No.
FCC is a gesture of good will to say sorry for the cruise being cancelled....and here is a little something to put towards the next one.

Noone should receive it in cash.

Sorry but Princess disagrees in some cases https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf

20200511_131314.jpg

Edited by Ombud