How similar is the overall ship layout is the Eclipse compared to Solstice?

FaithPlus1

Both ships are in the S class group, so the only slight differences.  Silhouette and Reflection have added cabins/suites so more noticeable differences appear on the deck plans.

• Like 1

Just now, FaithPlus1 said:

I've mainly cruised on NCL so Celebrity and Royal Caribbean is a step up for me 😉

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have some similarities but also a different ambiance....The focus on RC is activities and entertainment and on Celebrity more about rest and relaxation....Never cruised NCL so cannot comment. 

The speciality restaurants on Celebrity are good, worth looking at booking a package...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have some similarities but also a different ambiance....The focus on RC is activities and entertainment and on Celebrity more about rest and relaxation....Never cruised NCL so cannot comment. 

The speciality restaurants on Celebrity are good, worth looking at booking a package...

I'm leaning towards Celebrity. I definitely prefer relaxation and hopefully less rugrats running around. 

36 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I'm leaning towards Celebrity. I definitely prefer relaxation and hopefully less rugrats running around. 

Generally fewer children on Celebrity. When our son was young it was nice to have ongoing activities on RC and without doubt the shows are better on RC. In recent years, however, our choice has been mainly Celebrity. We do enjoy the live music scheduled in different areas rather than attend full shows. We enjoy bars where you are comfortably seated and can enjoy conversation. We also enjoy our food and we do think both in terms of food quality and venue ambiance Celebrity wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I've mainly cruised on NCL so Celebrity and Royal Caribbean is a step up for me 😉

As chemmo mentions if you like good food check out the speciality restaurants. Sushi on 5 is excellent and our favourite restaurant Murano.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I've having a hard time comparing them in terms of the physical layout. 

As mentioned the two ship’s are very similar.  I have been on  both ship’s multiple times.  The most notable difference for me is the outside aft Ocean view cafe area.  The Eclipse has a lot of lower tables in that area.  I prefer the Solstice version.

The Silk Harvest used to be a difference (on the Solstice), but I believe it has now been converted to LPC.

i love the Solstice Class ships.  The Silhouette is my favorite, but they are all nice.

Edited by jagoffee