Still looking forward to cruising in coming month?

Its almost like this person is going to win a bet if these cruises are cancelled or in some way they are going to gain if they don't.  I guess some people just like to see unfortunate things happen to other people.  That is a sad way to live.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, datolim said:

Reality is there whether you want to see it or not.

I have no clue what reality is for rcl and I doubt you do either.

Carnival drops a lot more hints. For instance nothing can be booked before august right now on carnival and only from 4 ports, 2 in florida, galveston and I forget the other. So it's possible carnival might try some limited capacity out of those 4 ports in august? But it's a guess, no one here knows. 

Carnival or rcl could probably come up with crew to run 4 ships or so by august?

I'm just thinking there has to be some rhyme or reason why only 4 ports can be booked in august on carnival.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

According to CDC, no one will be cruising out of US until mid July. Don’t think anyone really believes it will be sooner.

That is when the no sail order would expire.

But before the cruise industry can do anything to cruise again they have this horrendous problem about disembarking their crew.

They are stymied by this as the crew are getting sicker and sicker. Some would say I am an alarmist. So be it.

Edited by datolim

I'm looking forward to cruising as soon as things get started again and the Canada US border opens again.  I'm a dual resident.  We came back to Canada in March and are now here for at least the next couple months.  My hope is that cruising starts up and they open the border and I can scoop a good last minute deal.  Everything else I already have booked is in 2021/22

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm looking forward to cruising as soon as things get started again and the Canada US border opens again.  I'm a dual resident.  We came back to Canada in March and are now here for at least the next couple months.  My hope is that cruising starts up and they open the border and I can scoop a good last minute deal.  Everything else I already have booked is in 2021/22

I am not sure if you can do that.

Canadians are classified as 'aliens' just like the crew.

Need to be quarantined for 2 weeks before you can get on the ship.

I am a Canadian citizen with a US work permit.  As soon as the border opens I can cross.  My principle residence is in California. We came back to Canada for family reasons. When they closed the border we had to make a decision to leave or stay.  We chose to stay since those family matters were unresolved.  The border closed and now we must wait it out as we would be considered non-essential travel.  However, once it opens back up home we go. No quarantine will be required.  

Edited by Tree_skier

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I am a Canadian citizen with a US work permit.  As soon as the border opens I can cross.  My principle residence is in California. We came back to Canada for family reasons. When they closed the border we had to make a decision to leave or stay.  We chose to stay since those family matters were unresolved.  The border closed and now we must wait it out as we would be considered non-essential travel.  However, once it opens back up home we go. No quarantine will be required.  

I am a Canadian citizen with a US work permit

You mean You are a green card or H1B visa holder. Don't know where they draw the line on this.

7 hours ago, datolim said:

They are stymied by this as the crew are getting sicker and sicker.

Do you have links that crew is not allowed off in Manila and that they are sick?

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, awreaper said:

Its almost like this person is going to win a bet if these cruises are cancelled or in some way they are going to gain if they don't.  I guess some people just like to see unfortunate things happen to other people.  That is a sad way to live.

In our case, we just want our deposit back for an October Allure cruise out of Barcelona. It’s NRD. Final payment due in July. No way we are making that payment. Royal is holding our money. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Do you have links that crew is not allowed off in Manila and that they are sick?

This does not have any info regarding that, but I check on this site every couple day’s as it tend to pick up things the media doesnt.   Not often updated, but it at least gets an occasional new article.

https://crew-center.com/news

Unfortunately, the crews are definitely enduring still incurring occasional deaths and outbreaks.  Does not look promising for the cruise industry for the next year or so. 😞

• Like 1

Apparently, according to this article, "overseas Filipino workers are allowed to return as long as they undergo a 14-day quarantine before going back to their homes."

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/4/28/ruby-princess-cruise-ship-australia-philippines.html

The Ruby Princess is heading to the Philippines and looks like they are off the Coast of New Guinea at the present time.  This ship was previously in Australia and had 600 cases and 15 deaths (at the time of the article) linked to it and is now under investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/australia/australia-ruby-princess-cruise-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rimmit said:

This does not have any info regarding that, but I check on this site every couple day’s as it tend to pick up things the media doesnt.   Not often updated, but it at least gets an occasional new article.

https://crew-center.com/news

Unfortunately, the crews are definitely enduring still incurring occasional deaths and outbreaks.  Does not look promising for the cruise industry for the next year or so. 😞

Your link does not pertain to rcl. Maybe you should post this on msc board and let everyone there know about a sick crew member and to cancel any hope of cruising for another year or two.

You must be fun at a bar or party!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your link does not pertain to rcl. Maybe you should post this on msc board and let everyone there know about a sick crew member and to cancel any hope of cruising for another year or two.

You must be fun at a bar or party!

There are several RCI articles in their history.

I actually am very fun at a party.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with being realistic.  I wasn’t attacking anyone with my post.  Not sure why you feel the need to attack me for simply posting a link that pertains to crew information and outbreaks many of which are RCI.  The fourth article down is an RCI article.   Not sure if you scrolled that far.  

Someone was asking for information regarding an outbreak, I simply referenced a site that tends to pick up things that aren’t often covered in the mainstream media and made a comment that based on the stuff I have seen the crew post on this site, things didn’t look good for the next year.  Don’t think that was unreasonable.  

The purpose was to assist people interested in following to see what happens or will happen in Manila.  Not to spread doom and gloom.

This was reasonably relevant to the OP topic of whether we think we will be cruising this year.   It was not an off topic post even.  I am truly confused by your need to attack me in this situation.

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

The world will look very different in October. You may or may not be getting that deposit back. However, there is a strong chance that cruise with confidence will be extended to the end of the year.

It’s sketchy at best to book a flight into Barcelona. I believe that Royal will not extend CWC until AFTER final payment is due. 

• Like 1