Still looking forward to cruising in coming month?

The Filipinos on Voyager of the Seas are sitting out a 14 day quarantine in Manila Bay, don't know if when the 14 day point is hit next week if anyone but Filipinos will be allowed off the ship.  The Filipinos have have to spend an additional 14 day quarantine in hotels in Manila.  As of 8 AM Manila time on Sunday, 5/3/20, all international flights out of NAIA are cancelled until further notice.  Cannot imagine any other nationalities would want to get into Manila for the start of rainy season not knowing when international flights will resume.

38 minutes ago, rimmit said:

There are several RCI articles in their history.

I actually am very fun at a party.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with being realistic.  I wasn’t attacking anyone with my post.  Not sure why you feel the need to attack me for simply posting a link that pertains to crew information and outbreaks many of which are RCI.  The fourth article down is an RCI article.   Not sure if you scrolled that far.  

Someone was asking for information regarding an outbreak, I simply referenced a site that tends to pick up things that aren’t often covered in the mainstream media and made a comment that based on the stuff I have seen the crew post on this site, things didn’t look good for the next year.  Don’t think that was unreasonable.  

The purpose was to assist people interested in following to see what happens or will happen in Manila.  Not to spread doom and gloom.

This was reasonably relevant to the OP topic of whether we think we will be cruising this year.   It was not an off topic post even.  I am truly confused by your need to attack me in this situation.

I was not personally attacking you.  My comments were meant for the OP who began this thread.  

Yes I have been concerned about the crew as well as some passengers who are still stuck on ships with no idea when they will get off the ships.

I believe all cruise lines should have gotten all crew off ships back in March except minimal crew needed to operate ships.  

We all saw the timeline in china and other countries that had outbreaks before the US did.  

The mishandling of their staff is sad.

I am a very positive person and believe cruising will start back up this year.  It will be alot different than we know cruising prior to covid and someday in the near future will return to what we know.

We all need to remain positive!

Stay Well!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In our case, we just want our deposit back for an October Allure cruise out of Barcelona. It’s NRD. Final payment due in July. No way we are making that payment. Royal is holding our money. 

We are not making final payment for October as well, on our NRD sailing.

A “little bird” to me not to cancel yet, and to wait, even though cruise with confidence has yet to be extended to July.  Yes, Royal is holding both our funds.  However, I’d rather have the all deposit go as a FCC, VS lose funds per person for cancelling early. 

In a perfect works we would be sailing, or at best get all of our deposit back. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s sketchy at best to book a flight into Barcelona. I believe that Royal will not extend CWC until AFTER final payment is due. 

So far Royal has been good about making sure the CWC has been in place BEFORE final payment.  That’s kind of it’s purpose.  To get people to make final payment knowing that they still have an out if things don’t get better.  

I would expect it to be extended in 2 weeks time once they cancel the next 30 days of sailings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was not personally attacking you.  My comments were meant for the OP who began this thread.  

Yes I have been concerned about the crew as well as some passengers who are still stuck on ships with no idea when they will get off the ships.

I believe all cruise lines should have gotten all crew off ships back in March except minimal crew needed to operate ships.  

We all saw the timeline in china and other countries that had outbreaks before the US did.  

The mishandling of their staff is sad.

I am a very positive person and believe cruising will start back up this year.  It will be alot different than we know cruising prior to covid and someday in the near future will return to what we know.

We all need to remain positive!

Stay Well!

Just a miscommunication.  That makes a lot more sense.  No problem.  Hope you stay healthy as well.  

I am highly positive as well, despite the times, and am super positive regarding almost every thing regarding what is happening with this virus.  The only thing I can’t be super optimistic about is cruises because as much as I want to cruise I am having a difficult time coming up with a way that the cruise lines can do it to the level of satisfaction of the CDC and Foreign governments.  I am Still holding out hope for a miracle cure....  odds on that are incredibly long though,  but it could happen.

• Like 1

Sadly a crew member from Jewel of the Seas went overboard on 30th April.  26 year old Polish Electrician.  
It’s not just the virus the crew are battling but mental health too.

RIP Kristoff....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So far Royal has been good about making sure the CWC has been in place BEFORE final payment.  That’s kind of it’s purpose.  To get people to make final payment knowing that they still have an out if things don’t get better.  

I would expect it to be extended in 2 weeks time once they cancel the next 30 days of sailings. 

You hand over your money and expect to get it back whenever you ask for it.

This is only as good as the party you hand the money to.

Bankruptcy, financial problems or unexpected conditions or delays could put you in a soup.

The world is a different place now with this virus problem. It would only get worse.

10 hours ago, datolim said:

I am a Canadian citizen with a US work permit

You mean You are a green card or H1B visa holder. Don't know where they draw the line on this.

It is a visa but not an H1B (similar but not the same).  We're permitted to cross as soon as the border opens or if a circumstance develops that would make it an exceptional circumstance like a funeral for a close family member.  So we're going to wait it out.  I have no cruises booked in the near future but I will if things clear up.

Edited by Tree_skier

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

In a perfect works we would be sailing, or at best get all of our deposit back. 

We are in the same boat (no pun intended) for our October 11 Freedom out of San Juan. At this point I think we will hang on and go ahead and make final payment. If it ends up being cancelled and we choose FCC, the problem is all the cruises in 2021 are so much more expensive, no way would we get the same value. We bought our DDP at $41. Sure not going to see that price on any 2021 sailings.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are in the same boat (no pun intended) for our October 11 Freedom out of San Juan. At this point I think we will hang on and go ahead and make final payment. If it ends up being cancelled and we choose FCC, the problem is all the cruises in 2021 are so much more expensive, no way would we get the same value. We bought our DDP at $41. Sure not going to see that price on any 2021 sailings.

You are 100% correct on the prices for 2021 sailings. I feel like we are not going to see prices for Specialty Dining, drinks, shore, excursions etc be low for some time, but is guess we shall wait and see. 

Our plan will be to use of October FCC, as part of our Freedom cruise payment for January of 2021. Freedom looks so amazing after it’s amplification.  I really hope to sail on her.  I also like to think normality will have returned by then as well. 

However, my plan would be if we cancel that one too I would use both FCCs for our March sailing on Allure. 

• Like 1