Masks probably required

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'll post this again for all those folks who want to chime with an opinion but don't want to read the 40 pages of this thread.

I don't understand why so many people are anti-science.  Masks are unhealthy and do not prevent the disease.

That's science, if you believe differently is because you are acting and thinking ideologically and not critically.

WOW...all those poor doctors and nurses wearing masks all the time for decades...they’ve been exposed to unhealthy practices...

Who knew??? (apparently not the entire medical world)...

Also...don’t recall one single claim that masks prevented Covid...only reduced the potential spreading via coughing, sneezing, and other oral contagious actions...

So much for “science”....

Based on that post logic...cruising, air travel, social events with more than 2 people, etc are years away...

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain7 said:

Does anyone know how I can stop getting emails on this topic?  

By chance to you subscribe to this thread, with email notifications?  If so, unsubscribe. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I carry a plastic sandwich bag to carry my mask when I'm out and about. I do not touch the inside of the mask which touches my nose and mouth. I handle only the outer edges of the mask which is no where near my nose and mouth.  A little practice to remove the mask without contaminating your hands is all anyone needs.

I stuff it in my pocket and put it on when I have to.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pema said:

I would also like to opt out of Masks issue also

how do I go about it

please advise

If you are using a cell phone scroll down to below the last post, click on the bar that say "following", then click the red button that say "unsubscribe".

• Like 1

We live on a rural road with few homes.  Yesterday a guy rode by on his bike all alone, nowhere near anyone.  Wearing a mask.  I can't imagine living with that much fear or stupidity, or both.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We live on a rural road with few homes.  Yesterday a guy rode by on his bike all alone, nowhere near anyone.  Wearing a mask.  I can't imagine living with that much fear or stupidity, or both.

Bike flat tire, rider falls off bike, headed to a store or place to eat...or injured and in need of help....etc.  It's called thinking ahead and preventative precaution. I can't imagine anyone living without caring about others.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

4 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Bike flat tire, rider falls off bike, headed to a store or place to eat...or injured and in need of help....etc.  It's called thinking ahead and preventative precaution. I can't imagine anyone living without caring about others.

In which case he take a mask out of his pocket and wears it.  Thats thinking ahead.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

In which case he take a mask out of his pocket and wears it.  Thats thinking ahead.

Assumes there's time to do it, if the biker is injured and not prevented from doing that. THAT'S thinking ahead.  If 1/2 the people making excuses or living with a total disregard for potentially spreading Covid to others by not wearing a mask outside their homes changed their selfish mindsets...things would be in a far better place with this pandemic.  Australia and New Zealand set the bar for proper practices in their populations, and their results have put other countries that failed such practices to shame.

Wishing Covid away or pretending its not going to impact someone is blind and ignorant. Cruiselines are going to implement practices that take such people into account - the non-conformists who risk other passengers. We've read plenty of posts here about people who won't cruise if they have to wear a mask at all on a ship.  We're good with that.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

It could be what I call being a "sheep", can't think for themselves.

9 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

"Preventative precaution"?  Haha.  That logic is just bizarre.  Do you always keep a bag in your car with clothes and toiletries in case you get in a wreck and end up in the hospital?  

FYI there is no store or "place to eat" for 5 miles.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Assumes there's time to do it, if the biker is injured and not prevented from doing that. THAT'S thinking ahead.  If 1/2 the people making excuses or living with a total disregard for potentially spreading Covid to others by not wearing a mask outside their homes changed their selfish mindsets...things would be in a far better place with this pandemic.  Australia and New Zealand set the bar for proper practices in their populations, and their results have put other countries that failed such practices to shame.

Wishing Covid away or pretending its not going to impact someone is blind and ignorant. Cruiselines are going to implement practices that take such people into account - the non-conformists who risk other passengers. We've read plenty of posts here about people who won't cruise if they have to wear a mask at all on a ship.  We're good with that.

You are being just too paranoid.  There is no requirement where I live to wear a mask while outdoors at all.  You are overthinking this.  He is on a bike in the middle of nowhere bothering no-one.  He is far more likely to have an accident because he is wearing a mask and restricting his air intake or if the mask slips up and covers his eyes.  Thats far more likely than some strange push bike accident where he is so injured that it is more important to that he is wearing a mask.  If hes that injuried then contact with him would be needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

"Preventative precaution"?  Haha.  That logic is just bizarre.  Do you always keep a bag in your car with clothes and toiletries in case you get in a wreck and end up in the hospital?  

FYI there is no store or "place to eat" for 5 miles.

Guess you've never heard of an auto first aid kit with most of what you've described minus the extra clothes. Amazing (pathetic actually)  how excuses are used  frequently to justify reckless behavior instead of being conscientious.  

4 minutes ago, L454S said:

It could be what I call being a "sheep", can't think for themselves.

Key takeaway:

Why do you care?  What effect, positive or negative, has this bike rider had on your life?

• Like 1

Just now, Dinglebert said:

You are being just too paranoid.  There is no requirement where I live to wear a mask while outdoors at all.  You are overthinking this.  He is on a bike in the middle of nowhere bothering no-one.  He is far more likely to have an accident because he is wearing a mask and restricting his air intake or if the mask slips up and covers his eyes.  Thats far more likely than some strange push bike accident where he is so injured that it is more important to that he is wearing a mask.  If hes that injuried then contact with him would be needed.

LOL.

Paranoid is thinking nothing will harm someone.  There are plenty of known activists against Covid-19 who are among this pandemic's fatalities, which is a sad paradox.

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Guess you've never heard of an auto first aid kit with most of what you've described minus the extra clothes. Amazing (pathetic actually)  how excuses are used  frequently to justify reckless behavior instead of being conscientious.  

Riding a bike alone without a mask is reckless?  Pathetic thinking, actually.  Have some more kool aid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It is not reckless to be on a bike in the open air in the country without a mask.

1 minute ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

LOL.

Paranoid is thinking nothing will harm someone.  There are plenty of known activists against Covid-19 who are among this pandemic's fatalities, which is a sad paradox.

Let me be perfectly clear.  I work in heathcare.  I was a nurse for over 30 years.  I live in Scotland where we are taking this virus very seriously but we have no rule or law which states we must wear a mask outdoors.  It simply isn't needed.  I take my health very seriously and would do nothing to put myself in the way of the virus.  Equally I will be on the golf course on Thursday when the reopen without a mask.

• Like 3

Just now, bouhunter said:

Riding a bike alone without a mask is reckless?  Pathetic thinking, actually.  Have some more kool aid.

Any contact or potential contact with others without a mask is reckless.  No one knew the rider's destination, potential for an accident/injury, or other social interaction. Nonetheless, they are criticized for demonstrating safety that harms no one else.

WOW.  Just WOW.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

LOL.

You need to check up your dictionery.  Your definition is wrong.  Heres the first one I found via google

adjective. The definition of paranoid is being suspicious, having illusions about being followed or persecuted, or about being afraid or distrustful of others. An example of paranoid is a type of mental illness. An example of paranoid is being worried that the policeman behind you is going to pull you over.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Any contact or potential contact with others without a mask is reckless.  No one knew the rider's destination, potential for an accident/injury, or other social interaction. Nonetheless, they are criticized for demonstrating safety that harms no one else.

WOW.  Just WOW.

You have had WAY too much Kool-Aid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

It is not reckless to be on a bike in the open air in the country without a mask.

Let me be perfectly clear.  I work in heathcare.  I was a nurse for over 30 years.  I live in Scotland where we are taking this virus very seriously but we have no rule or law which states we must wear a mask outdoors.  It simply isn't needed.  I take my health very seriously and would do nothing to put myself in the way of the virus.  Equally I will be on the golf course on Thursday when the reopen without a mask.

Healthcare exercised without regard for others is not healthcare.  It's one person's opinion.  There's no definitive scientific evidence support your claims. Hopefully none of us gets ill near Scotland.

Using the same logic in the post above...there's no law against jumping off a cliff in most locations...and no danger signs would be needed...yet unfortunately those things happen.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

You need to check up your dictionery.  Your definition is wrong.  Heres the first one I found via google

adjective. The definition of paranoid is being suspicious, having illusions about being followed or persecuted, or about being afraid or distrustful of others. An example of paranoid is a type of mental illness. An example of paranoid is being worried that the policeman behind you is going to pull you over.

Yup...it fits the way it was used. Thanks Mr. Webster.