Masks probably required

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't even put up an umbrella when I am in NYC and it starts raining.😊

There is usually enough construction scaffolding around so you can usually stay out of the rain 80% of the time.

When I used to work in the city, I'd plan my walking route from Grand Central to the office based on which streets that had the most coverage.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But at least you own an umbrella just in case it starts to rain. 😉

Which is different from someone who refuses to own an umbrella b/c it only rains on someone else.

Very true.

Have a homemade donut.

D6EFDB52-7480-469F-BF97-0F457DDF6938.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hazence said:

Maybe the RCCL will need to have designated masked and unmasked cruises. People will be assured they are cruising with those who share their mindset. 😎

How does that work with a chartered clothing-optional cruise??  Masks only?

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But at least you own an umbrella just in case it starts to rain. 😉

Which is different from someone who refuses to own an umbrella b/c it only rains on someone else.

You ever been to a football game and someone used an umbrella. It just gets their neighbors wet😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Walt Disney World to open mid July and Sea World June 11. 

Masks will be required at both locations. 

Wow, i might go just to watch parents try to strap a mask on a 5yo in the 90 degree july FL heat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't even put up an umbrella when I am in NYC and it starts raining.😊

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

There is usually enough construction scaffolding around so you can usually stay out of the rain 80% of the time.

But when you feel a drip of water, you hope it is merely rain or maybe A/C drip...

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all I am just asking what the answer is?

To me, the answer is to err on the side of caution because I don't want to experience the alternative.  So, masks, shelter-in-place, avoid groups of people, get tested, and book cruises with refundable deposits!!

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is CATS still playing

I don't think so. To the best of my knowledge the last performance was Dec 30, 2017.

Broadway is closed until Sept 6. Be interesting to see what shows remain when it reopens.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, pcur said:

To me, the answer is to err on the side of caution because I don't want to experience the alternative.  So, masks, shelter-in-place, avoid groups of people, get tested, and book cruises with refundable deposits!!

Whatever....

We are having a lot more fun in my zip code.

13 hours ago, Mallefiscent said:

Obeying all the laws doesn't guarantee there won't be an accident.  That is why things are called "accidents".  No one means them to happen.   The person I was responding to stated that it doesn't matter whether one intended to hurt someone else or not.  

When rules are not followed there can be no "accident". In the context of mask wearing rules, an asymptomatic person who refuses to wear a mask when it is required has made a conscious decision to potentially cause harm. It doesn't matter that he is unaware of his condition because he has elected to ignore a safety rule designed specifically for that situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwight1 said:

Masks in July in Florida . That ought to be something to watch as everyone passes out from heat exhaustion from wearing them as the heat index well exceeds 100. Everyone is in such a state of terror these days. Pretty much overdone.

Those poor doctors & nurses in hot operating rooms working hard all the time for many hours must be exhausted too, yet we don't seem to hear much from them complaining...in contrast to sitting near the pool sucking Mai Tai's... which is clearly exhausting... 🤔

Guess those 100K fatalities (so far) in the U.S. alone is "pretty much overdone"... 😖

One last post on this thread.

I wear a mask where it is required. If it is not I don't... I have already had the virus back in January, so I have no concerns about contracting nor spreading the virus so I really have no reason to wear one.  I do through because I just don't want to go to the mall wearing a sign that says "stop looking at me funny I already had the virus". My opinion, based on extensive scientific research I have read, is that masks worn by an untrained general public does nothing give a false sense of security.  I could be wrong but at the end of the day that's above my pay grade and I comply with the law or policies of business/service I am engaging.

This constantly referred to straw man of people saying the virus being a hoax only makes those arguing it look intellectually dishonest.  No one that I know, personally, thinks the virus is a hoax, however, we all have varying opinions about the best course of action to take to prevent it's spread while maintaining our God given rights and freedoms and preserving our economic well being.  I'm not interested in living in Venezuela.  The notion that you can shut an entire industry (the cruise industry) down for two years and think that it will be be there to open when the Karen's of the world are ready to come out of hiding is preposterous. 

My sister works for the govt. she hasn't missed a paycheck although she hasn't worked since Mar 13th.  She told me this weekend that she thinks everything should be locked down until Sept. just to be safe. I can't even have a conversation with that level of Karen.

Will I cruise if masks are required.  Certainly, as long they are only required under certain conditions.  If it were required all the time I doubt I would cruise.

Cruising in the post Covid world will be different. Everyone who expects to cruise in the near to mid term future will have to be tolerant of some change to the typical routine and gracious enough to accept the direction of ship staff without confrontation.  Of course there will be idiots who cause trouble just like there will be Karens who think they are the hall monitor back in primary school.

This is my final post on masks. CC is my daily fun distraction away from my job that often is heart breaking and disappointing.

I'm going back to arguing about MDR dress codes, the value DBP's and to tip or not to tip.

Happy cruising.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Those poor doctors & nurses in hot operating rooms working hard all the time for many hours must be exhausted too, yet we don't seem to hear much from them complaining...in contrast to sitting near the pool sucking Mai Tai's... which is clearly exhausting... 🤔

Guess those 100K fatalities (so far) in the U.S. alone is "pretty much overdone"... 😖

First they chose that occupation. Second, it is required not to spread any germs in an OPEN incision. This virus has caused fewer deaths and so many other causes of deaths. I will NOT wear a mask. My opinion only. Plus  it is useless unless you are using a surgical or N95 mask and using a new one every time you put one one. Once you wear any facial covering it is dirty and has germs in it. Plus it should bdiscardedarded in thappropriatete container. Wonder how many do that outside of a hospital? 

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

First they chose that occupation. Second, it is required not to spread any germs in an OPEN incision. 

First one chooses to go on a cruise. Second it will be required not to spread germs to any other passenger.

That cleared that up.

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

First one chooses to go on a cruise. Second it will be required not to spread germs to any other passenger.

That cleared that up.

If we need to wear a mask, forget cruising. They can sit idle and go under.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There’s a chance everyone will get their turn.

Not so sure...our state opened up things several weeks ago, and our stats are actually improving on nearly all fronts.

Then again, the vast majority of people we see in stores and other locations are complying with the recommended mask & social distancing parameters. 

A number of stores won't let folks in without wearing a mask. Only heard 1 person complain (who of course refused to wear a mask). Encouraging results so far...