Switched Cruise to next year under new CWC! Anyone else?

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

I successfully 'lifted and shifted' my Oct 2020 five-night cruise from NJ to Bermuda on Adventure to October 2021. Same itinerary, but Freedom is doing that run next year which is fine by me. I still kept my deck 11 JS off of the solarium and my OBC moved to the new cruise.  Yeah, it took 90 minutes because the wait for the supervisor to finalize it all took a while, but time well spent in my book.  I'm sure they are being slammed with these calls now.  Thanks again to @Ourusualbeach for giving us the heads up on this!  Bonus that the last night of the new cruise will be a 'milestone' birthday for me.  

So, I got an updated confirmation just now and while they didn't change the fare, which is great, they did add on a $100 pp change fee.  Anyone else get that or did they screw up?  

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

So, I got an updated confirmation just now and while they didn't change the fare, which is great, they did add on a $100 pp change fee.  Anyone else get that or did they screw up?  

They screwed up.  Unfortunately you will have to call back.  The change fee automatically generates and they have to manually take it off (usually they leave it on and add a -100 code to zero it out.  Looks like they forgot that part. 

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

4 minutes ago, Miggsoo3 said:

Based on your message I just checked ours and I am seeing a $125PP charge that has some wierd code on it. Guess I'm gonna have to call for clarification.

Are you seeing a -$100 right below the $100 fee?

We were successful in changing our October 18 2020 sailing from San Juan on the Freedom to November 14 2021.  We did have to pay the difference in the taxes/fees/port expenses but were able to keep all the original pricing (kids sail free/myvegas 10% discount).  It did have the 100 change fee but there was a -100 right below it.  It just only took 4 tries since the call did drop 3 times...over 2 hrs on the phone but it's done and are grateful they offered this policy change since we were worried about going in October.  Good luck to everyone else and just have patience.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you seeing a -$100 right below the $100 fee?

I got it figured out it was an Air2Sea transfer charge that was auto generated. They removed it after about 20 minutes on hold while they figured out what the charge was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miggsoo3 said:

I got it figured out it was an Air2Sea transfer charge that was auto generated. They removed it after about 20 minutes on hold while they figured out what the charge was.

Thanks for the update.  Always pays to review your invoices carefully. 

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Do you know if we need to go through the TA we booked with or can we call C& A, we are D if that matters. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you booked through a TA they must make the switch

Thanks @taglovestocruise for asking the question I was just about to ask, and thanks, @Ourusualbeach, for your quick answer.

I’m wanting to get rid of the Big Box TA that I have no idea why I used for our current booking. If we decide to make a change, as much as I’d like the price protection, I guess our best option will be to cancel using CWC, take the FCC,  and start fresh with a new booking. 

As much as I really want to cruise this October, we’re going to have to give this some thought.

Edited by perfect match

2 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Thanks @taglovestocruise for asking the question I was just about to ask, and thanks, @Ourusualbeach, for your quick answer.

I’m wanting to get rid of the Big Box TA that I have no idea why I used for our current booking so if we do decide to make a change, as much as I’d like the price protection , I guess our best option will be to cancel using CWC, take the FCC, and start fresh with a new booking. 

As much as I really want to cruise this October, we’re going to have to give this some thought.

That is your best option if you want to switch.  

We had great success getting our August 2020 Greek cruise from Rome “lifted and switched” to August of 2021. Our agent at Amex was a champ and got it all situated for us. Our original deposit was switched over, price protected and assigned cabin numbers on the new cruise. Couldn’t be happier! We even got all of our onboard credit applied to the new cruise. Just FYI what a good deal this was for us, for the same cabins on this same cruise with a new reservation we would have paid almost EXACTLY double what we are paying by switching our reservation over so yay! Which is funny because I was coming up against my final payment this week so I emailed the corporate offices 2 weeks ago and said sure I’ll pay my final payment but I want the same cabins on the same cruise next year and they were super rude and said no way. Welp...guess that just happened and I don’t have to make that final payment until next year so it’s even better then I suggested to them! Very happy with this arrangement. 

• Like 1

After 2 lengthy phone calls today, I lifted and shifted :-) our 10/25/20 Southern Caribbean sailing on Freedom to 11/7/21. We pay a few more dollars for taxes, fees, and port expenses but otherwise they did price match it. I was able to get the very same aft balcony cabin too, which makes us happy. 

I just switched our Harmony November 15, 2020 cruise to Symphony November 6, 2021.

Worked out great for us we had booked The Harmony cruise in 2018 and got a OV with Large Balcony for $2000 with taxes and gratuities. Symphony would have been double that, so I’m happy.

Any idea why crown and anchor balcony discounts aren't coming off this sailing when doing a fake booking?

Rhapsody of the Seas March 5th 2022

Edited by Jimbo

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Any idea why crown and anchor balcony discounts aren't coming off this sailing when doing a fake booking?

Rhapsody of the Seas March 5th 2022

Comes off for me.

being logged in is not enough you need to enter your C&A number where is says exclusive rates.

716E92C4-ADC3-400C-94A1-1E525AA799CE.png

6A40083F-78C9-4513-B225-FC90CD3507B1.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They screwed up.  Unfortunately you will have to call back.  The change fee automatically generates and they have to manually take it off (usually they leave it on and add a -100 code to zero it out.  Looks like they forgot that part. 

Thanks, Ken. I had a feeling they had screwed up.  In the past I had them cancel a cruise due to a charter and when they rebooked the option I chose as a replacement, they added and then subtracted that fee, so I know exactly what you're talking about.  I guess I'll get some quality hold music/ad time today.  Joy.  😛  

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

Thanks, Ken. I had a feeling they had screwed up.  In the past I had them cancel a cruise due to a charter and when they rebooked the option I chose as a replacement, they added and then subtracted that fee, so I know exactly what you're talking about.  I guess I'll get some quality hold music/ad time today.  Joy.  😛  

Well that was easy!  I was pleasantly surprised to call and have this only take 7 minutes total for them to fix.  No weird echo, no 'gotta talk to my supervisor' just an 'oops, you shouldn't have a change fee because you used Lift & Shift'.  New confirmation hit my inbox before she even hung up and the 100 pp has been credited so I had +100 and -100 on each person. Woohoo!  Too bad I can't do a Lift & Shift for my Freedom cruise next month that I'm sure will be canceled at any moment, but next May-July is already packed with graduations and weddings.  Hoping they still offer 125% cruise credit that I can apply to one of the 3 I have booked next year.  

Edited by rockmom

9 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Well that was easy!  I was pleasantly surprised to call and have this only take 7 minutes total for them to fix.  No weird echo, no 'gotta talk to my supervisor' just an 'oops, you shouldn't have a change fee because you used Lift & Shift'.  New confirmation hit my inbox before she even hung up and the 100 pp has been credited so I had +100 and -100 on each person. Woohoo!  Too bad I can't do a Lift & Shift for my Freedom cruise next month that I'm sure will be canceled at any moment, but next May-July is already packed with graduations and weddings.  Hoping they still offer 125% cruise credit that I can apply to one of the 3 I have booked next year.  

Nice to hear that todays call was a little quicker

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We booked Freedom out of San Juan and there is no sailings in Sept. or Oct. in 2021. Not sure where she will be but that is why we booked Freedom for this October as I had not been on that ship and have heard great things about her.

I am the same situation I have Freedom booked for September 5 and there are no Southern Caribbean cruise for our window next year. Contemplating switching to an Eastern or Western but I’ve done most of the ports before. I am also considering canceling and rebooking the Southern for a different date but the prices are so much higher. 

Our travel agent just sent us the information - we are giving up the arctic transatlantic from Amsterdam-Boston by way of Norway, Iceland and Greenland.  I don't see any options for 2021 listed in the RCI website.  

14 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I am the same situation I have Freedom booked for September 5 and there are no Southern Caribbean cruise for our window next year. Contemplating switching to an Eastern or Western but I’ve done most of the ports before. I am also considering canceling and rebooking the Southern for a different date but the prices are so much higher. 

Call and see if they let you do November 7th, 2021 Freedom of the Seas

Edited by Jimbo

6 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I am the same situation I have Freedom booked for September 5 and there are no Southern Caribbean cruise for our window next year.

I feel your pain. We have found out through our TA that we do qualify for the November 7th Freedom which would be the same itinerary but waiting to hear if our TA has completed the shift. I hope you will be able to find something. It's tough when a ship reposition's.