Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

We finally got our reimbursement today for our non refundable hotel charge we incurred as a result of the N.Amsterdam cancellation on Feb. 1. This was from the cruise cancelled by HAL because of mechanical issues. We were notified of our reimbursement approval in mid January and were told we would have the check by late March. This was before the pandemic. 

We are so happy. We had contacted HAL several times by phone and email with either no response or indefinite information. It took seven months but we are relieved! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! 

• Like 3

On 8/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Crazy For Cats said:

I have been told yes by my PCC.  She submitted the paperwork to do just that.  I was told 60 to 80 days to get refund.  This was from cruises that HAL cancelled.

We sent an email to HAL Customer Relations asking for a refund for our FCCs....got an answer today that our request had been forwarded to the appropriate division -- it could take  60-90 days.....that's fine with us since who knows when cruising will be safe again.

39 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

We sent an email to HAL Customer Relations asking for a refund for our FCCs....got an answer today that our request had been forwarded to the appropriate division -- it could take  60-90 days.....that's fine with us since who knows when cruising will be safe again.

That’s my feeling as well.  When will cruises resume and what will the conditions be when we do sail.  Better to have the cash in hand.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My cancelled TA cruise would have sailed in about a month. It was paid in full a long time ago. What the heck?? Are they planning on giving me my FCC after it would have sailed?? If so, they picked the wrong person. I will file a consumer protection lawsuit myself and I'm an attorney. They can be liable for double or triple damages and atty fees. 

On 8/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, 57redbird said:

I also sent  a letter to the email they referenced asking for a refund on my fccs a few days ago.  Did it take a long time to acknowledge your request? I don’t want my request to be “lost in the shuffle”. 

41 minutes ago, mediator said:

I also sent  a letter to the email they referenced asking for a refund on my fccs a few days ago.  Did it take a long time to acknowledge your request? I don’t want my request to be “lost in the shuffle”. 

About 10 days from when I emailed till I got a reply & no, we haven't received the refund yet.

I initially sent an email to guest relations about getting FCC refunded in cash and heard nothing. I sent one in early August to reservations_submit@hollandamerica.com and heard back in 2 days. They said they added my request to an exceptions tracker for consideration and that the review for an exception could take 3-6 months. I have medical issues now that may end my cruising for a while, so I hope I can get a refund. I told them I could provide documentation of that. So I sit and wait.

1 hour ago, Florida dreaming said:

What is the email to send the request to get FCC refunded in cash?

The letter I have says “if a guest does not use his fcc and wants a refund thereafter

of the original base fare paid between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021” guest can request HA to “exchange”  the fcc for a refund of their base cruise fare. Requests being accepted via email to:

guestrelations@hollandamerica.com

We are now at 97 days since requesting a refund for our cancelled January cruise.  Our last refund took 95 days...this is for $15,000, a bit more than the few thousand we got for the other one.  Did the "chat" today and got the usual "there's no way to know, you're in line and we're taking them in order"....  I was hoping since things seemed to be speeding up, this one wouldn't take as long. 

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We are now at 97 days since requesting a refund for our cancelled January cruise.  Our last refund took 95 days...this is for $15,000, a bit more than the few thousand we got for the other one.  Did the "chat" today and got the usual "there's no way to know, you're in line and we're taking them in order"....  I was hoping since things seemed to be speeding up, this one wouldn't take as long. 

Oh Carolyn, Hope that you get your refund, soon! Our investment in our ill-fated K-dam cruise (which we should be packing for, right now😥) was just a few hundred $$ in refundable deposit -- which we got back last month. What we are really on the 'hook' is for a charter jazz cruise, on an X ship, that was canceled right before we would have sailed, last March. They offered us the option of a refund, or a re-booked (fully paid) cruise, in Jan of 22. We took the cruise. Hope that we don't regret that decision. Good news is that we have insurance for the new sailing -- so we should be OK, either way -- HOPEFULLY.....

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

Oh Carolyn, Hope that you get your refund, soon! Our investment in our ill-fated K-dam cruise (which we should be packing for, right now😥) was just a few hundred $$ in refundable deposit -- which we got back last month. What we are really on the 'hook' is for a charter jazz cruise, on an X ship, that was canceled right before we would have sailed, last March. They offered us the option of a refund, or a re-booked (fully paid) cruise, in Jan of 22. We took the cruise. Hope that we don't regret that decision. Good news is that we have insurance for the new sailing -- so we should be OK, either way -- HOPEFULLY.....

Thank you Suzanne!  Yes, fingers crossed for both of us!  

18 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

One of the problems seems to be that HAL uses separate systems for refunding.  Fare, taxes, FlightEase, shorex, etc.  That has been how it worked with our cruise refund, apparently, making for a long, drawn-out timeline.

Hope you get yours SOON, Carolyn!!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

One of the problems seems to be that HAL uses separate systems for refunding.  Fare, taxes, FlightEase, shorex, etc.  That has been how it worked with our cruise refund, apparently, making for a long, drawn-out timeline.

Hope you get yours SOON, Carolyn!!

You're right -- we got our refund for the taxes and flight ease many weeks ago.  

This evening received a call from our HAL PCC stating that we received an additional $230 pp due to our cancelled cruise for next August.  The best I can tell is that we received back $100 from a FCD we used, another $100 as a "double" for the inconvenience and $30 from the HAL insurance (it seems that since the fare was now lower, it decreased the insurance premium!  Of course, HAL still owes us $1199 pp from an April cruise that they mistakenly moved over to the August one.

Good thing I have a strong accounting background!

On 9/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, rschlo said:

Took me about 123 days to get mine. There is Hope. 

Waiting 123 days for a refund that I was entitled to would be enough for us to stop doing business with  any organization.   It is the perfect example of their commitment to customer satisfaction and how they view their customers.

Edited by iancal

We were booked on Maasdam for March 2021 and of course were cancelled when she was sold. First told refund would take 30 days. Then they said 60 days. After 60 days we called and were told it would be 90 days. At that point I called my credit card and filed a dispute. Full refund amount was deposited next day. All the lines are burning cash like trash I get it but 90 days is ridiculous. Especially since the original changes were posted to our card before I got off the phone for the reservation.