more price reductions

Hawaiidan

36 minutes ago, susiesan said:

So you went from a G to an F and saved money? That doesn't make sense. Cat G is the lowest priced cabin on the ship. For my sailing cat F is $150 more then cat G. Perhaps your sailing date had a special deal attached to it.

We had a G booked before the recent major price reduction. At that time Category G was waitlisted but F wasn’t. After the recent price reductions we couldn’t take advantage of the lower fare because there were no G cabins available but F were. At the new lower prices the F cabins were now less expensive than what the G had been. We took the upgrade which lowered our cost overall.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, susiesan said:

So you went from a G to an F and saved money? That doesn't make sense. Cat G is the lowest priced cabin on the ship. For my sailing cat F is $150 more then cat G. Perhaps your sailing date had a special deal attached to it.

Actually, that's been our experience for the sales on two cruises.  In one case, we upgraded from a PH2 to a Vista suite, and saved $800 pp. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how one feels about cruising in the very near term) that cruise is in next group to be cancelled.  In the second case, a cruise scheduled to sail late December, we upgraded from a PH2 to a PH3 and saved $500 pp.  These may be unusual, and we lucked out, but it's worth looking at the sales in detail.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

We had a G booked before the recent major price reduction. At that time Category G was waitlisted but F wasn’t. After the recent price reductions we couldn’t take advantage of the lower fare because there were no G cabins available but F were. At the new lower prices the F cabins were now less expensive than what the G had been. We took the upgrade which lowered our cost overall.

That explains it. Before the recent price deduction I was also booked in a cat F as G wasn't available. The prices went down and the G opened up so I saved by both going down one category and taking advantage of the lower cost. I was also able to book as a cat G guarantee but O did assign a cabin already. Hoping for an upgrade though, but August 2021 is a long way off. Which cruise are you on?

18 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Which cruise are you on?

• August 15, Insignia, 42 days RT NYC
  • February 2021, Marina, Lima to Buenos Aires
  • July 9, 2021, years Insignia, NY to Bermuda
  • September 2021, Regatta, LA coastal
  • October 2021, Insignia, Montreal to Miami
  • February 2022, Insignia, Auckland to Perth

20 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

No one could ever call you a slacker when it comes to cruising 👍.  Happy and safe sailing (envy, envy, envy)

• Like 4

Just received an email from my TA.  My 2022 cruise has gone down by a good percentage.  I knew that they were lowering 2021 cruises, but looks like 2022 as well.  

2 hours ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

It always amazes me that people can or are willing to make travel plans that far out and so many of them. We did three big trips last year and felt that was too much.

We're on the Marina trans-Atlantic, November 21st, and - thus far - our fare has remained constant.  Perhaps as we get closer, Oceania will see fit to offer another sale or just drop the prices.  Still trying to work out the refunds & cruise credits from our cancelled Alaska trip, so it might be easier if nothing changes and we can figure out who owes how much to whom!

29 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

We're on the Marina trans-Atlantic, November 21st, and - thus far - our fare has remained constant.  Perhaps as we get closer, Oceania will see fit to offer another sale or just drop the prices.  Still trying to work out the refunds & cruise credits from our cancelled Alaska trip, so it might be easier if nothing changes and we can figure out who owes how much to whom!

$4,249
2020.01.01 $3,749
2020.04.13 $3,349

This is the pricing for a B1 on Marina for November 21, 2020.  The price has dropped  twice since last year.  

Edited by KS&JW

6 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

This is the pricing for a B1 on Marina for November 21, 2020.  The price has dropped  twice since last year.  

That'd be great if we were in a B1.  Unfortunately, it seems that they're not dropping the prices on the upper-level suites.  They never seem to have much difficulty in filling them; ergo, no incentive to discount them. 😡

10 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

That'd be great if we were in a B1.  Unfortunately, it seems that they're not dropping the prices on the upper-level suites.  They never seem to have much difficulty in filling them; ergo, no incentive to discount them. 😡

Not so......they dropped the price of PH and OS and VS      I grabbed an OS  for about the same as a PH 3 months ago.... well plus about $2000.....  but  they are dealing now   in upper classes 

22 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Maybe contact  your TA or Oceania to check  the new pricing

the website may not be up to date  for all sailings

9 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Not so......they dropped the price of PH and OS and VS      I grabbed an OS  for about the same as a PH 3 months ago.... well plus about $2000.....  but  they are dealing now   in upper classes 

We have an OS for this one and they haven't dropped the price on it at all.  Maybe as we get closer to sailing, they'll reconsider based on demand.  Previously, OS's were showing as wait-listed and now it's showing availability but, even then, the price has remained constant.  We asked our TA to check w/Oceania - just in case they had a reduced price that didn't show on their web site - but there was no wiggle room in price or amenities.

Well  that is a good price for  an OS  

I can only see CAD prices  but  $18649   with air  seems like a good deal

if you can afford it 😉

But cannot believe a PH3 would be that much

I only look at the cheap seats  though so what do I know LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

We have an OS for this one and they haven't dropped the price on it at all.  Maybe as we get closer to sailing, they'll reconsider based on demand.  Previously, OS's were showing as wait-listed and now it's showing availability but, even then, the price has remained constant.  We asked our TA to check w/Oceania - just in case they had a reduced price that didn't show on their web site - but there was no wiggle room in price or amenities.

I got the last OS on the port.....  I am only going on prices I got in Dec     and the ones last week It  I had a B  but up graded to a PH with the reduction... then saw the OS cut from about 14k  t what it was and  could not resist at 12@.....Used credits from 2 canceled cruises   to make it more attractive....

Edited by Hawaiidan

49 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

.Used credits from 2 canceled cruises 

But that was still money you had spent, right? And when you give these prices are you talking about per person?

Let's make sure we'll all on the same page. OS=Owner's Suite, OC=Oceania Suite. 

I believe Dan is talking about the Oceania Suite, as only the edges of the Owner's Suites are on the Port side. Entrances are all aft. 

I think Cliff might be talking Owners, but not sure. 

14 hours ago, clo said:

But that was still money you had spent, right? And when you give these prices are you talking about per person?

Yes,     actually they cut it from 13,800 to 11,600 pp  -2200 pp  ( $4,400 reduction)   I'd never even entertained thinking  of them. Way above what I would ever spend. 

However, more than ever I am impressed  in these times ,the value of time and utilizing it before your allotment expires        You can get more money... but not time.      

But with 2 canceled cruises credits and  funds budgeted for 2020 and 2021 it worked with the price cut.   (That is the Oceania Suites on deck 12)

I end up spending no more than I would have,   by not cruising in 2020.    And I had  a bus class air already paid. back in 2019 !      It all worked to my advantage....... dumb luck and disaster  worked........   Maybe  it can work for you too!

15338766_1737033829947838_1617702137729648833_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, potterhill said:

and the foreseeable future, even a free ATW in an OS would not tempt us.

Ditto. And from all I read getting a vaccine that's effective is the first 'if' and even vaccinating 300 million JUST in the US is just as big an 'if.' It sounds like easily three years for all that to occur.

When I looked at the brochure we received from Oceania on Saturday I saw that they have lowered the price of some cruises again.  Our PH3 on Marina Miami-Lima on 12/5/20 went from $5099 to $4699.  Its not a lot but it helps cover the alcohol or shore excursion bill.

18 minutes ago, mklions said:

If you see a huge price drop on your pending cruise and have already paid in full can you go back to your TA and get the new price?

mklions

You can ask

I am not sure how it works in the UK

but  here  we can get an upgrade, OBC or FCC  for the difference  after final payment

I would pursue  the FCC  or OBC   whatever  works best for you

A refund even better ..  if you can swing that 😉

JMO

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You can ask

I am not sure how it works in the UK

but  here  we can get an upgrade, OBC or FCC  for the difference  after final payment

I would pursue  the FCC  or OBC   whatever  works best for you

A refund even better ..  if you can swing that 😉

JMO

Agree. Usually it turns out to be OBC (if anything)