When is your next cruise?

I have a Horizon cruise booked for 1/9/2021.  It was booked over a year ago.  The final payment is due in October.  Should they continue to cancel other cruises up that date, I assume I could cancel the cruise and skip the final payment.  On the other hand, I have $1,300 in Carnival Gift Cards that I bought from AARP long ago.  So instead of using cash, I could use the gift cards for final payment and take my chances.  If Carnival went under, the gift cards would be useless anyway.  If the January cruise takes pIace, I would still be booked for the cruise.  If the January cruise is canceled, I could try to get the refund or book another cruise.  I don't know what Carnival would do and I can understand their problems.  I guess I will use the Carnival gift cards.

Heck of a way to cruise.  This will be my 24th Carnival cruise and never came close to having problems like this.  I also have a down payment for a cruise booked for 2022 but I won't even go there.  That $250 deposit is non refundable.  

So instead of being confined to my cabin if I decide to cruise, I could remain home and be confined to the house.

August 15 - Breeze (moved from April 18 to this one).  Hope it will be a go too soon after and will move to another sailing if we have to

(Carnival already got the money).  Also hope for good sailing and weather.

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Hopefully August 29th Magic from Miami to Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk, and  Half Moon Cay.

Done that one a couple of times  Great Time .....My last cruise was on Feb 1 this year on the Sumitt  and I think it might be the last one   I'm not in a hurry to get back on a ship   We have been on over 25 cruises and will wait to see what future cruising is like before will get on the next one

• Like 1

I'm scheduled to be on the Horizon on October 31.  It's currently unable to be booked, which looks bad, but it's one of Carnival's chosen ships for an early launch, so maybe they will have worked out the kinks involved in cruising in a pandemic world?  I judge it to be about a 50-50 proposition to sail as scheduled.

The next cruise after that is February 2021, not on Carnival.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

September 3, 2020 on Ecstasy out of Jacksonville for a 4 nighter. Scheduled to go to Nassau (been there many times) and Freeport (never been).

September 5 - 15, 2021 on Legend out of Rome! Visiting Greece and Italy! Yay!

September 13, 2020 on the Freedom. It's a 7 day cruise. We booked it on Sept. 11, 2019 and paid in full with Carnival gift cards, except the deposit. Really looking forward to it.

We have one for December 5th, 2020 on the Radiance that we booked right before all this mess came about. We also have May 15th, 2021 on the Mardi Gras. 

We hope we find out soon what is going on with the Radiance. If it doesn’t go we will try to get on the Breeze out of Ft Lauderdale for the same date and similar itinerary. We have been looking though and the room selections are already slim for the amount we want to spend. If we can’t cruise we might get a week Airbnb in Clearwater or Orlando if it is safe to go back to Disney (we have annual passes)

1 hour ago, Dwight1 said:

I’m on Celebrity out of San Juan on 1/30/21, they are taking bookings but I really wonder if with any winter surge at all if the CDC slams a no sail then. My odds are only a 40% go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Booo! Don’t say that. 😂🤞🏻

• Like 1